Pokemon in league with devil?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Pokemon in league with devil?

Postby intowiz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:14 pm

"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:51 pm

i didnt bother reading most of that becuase it did apear to be stupid.

Postby +monkey+ » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:52 pm

that was me again
+monkey+

Postby parnassus » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:24 pm

In Saudi Arabia there is a fatwa on Pokemon. That meas it is illegal to buy or sell them, because someone in the religious police decided that the Pokemon cards promote gambling. This strain of fundamentalism is asinine, but the more attention you pay to it the more it will grow. The best thing to do is ignore it.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:20 pm

I agree with Vicky. It is asinine, and it is best ignore. However, it is also quite amusing! :lol:
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Bladen » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:01 pm

There is a subliminal message in the actual pokerap saying "I love Satan", well I love bashing pokemon and calling it satanic alot but it can be really funny, I just don't like the anime much as it's repeating and gotten very gay repeating itself with the "Hi I'm a random dude with a thing named pikachu, I suck at pokemon because I hardly do any training and get owned all the time". Sorry if it causes offence but it's true.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eDan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:24 pm

If you've the time and inclination you could probably find something in most things that you could feel offended about should you decide to take a particularly extreme yet curiously sensitive approach to them.
A forum for older dyspraxics too:
http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk
eDan
Splendiferous Member

Postby Alice » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:12 pm

Tell me that website was a joke! Talk about fanatical. Why don't we just grab are torches and pich forks and see how many pepole say the words magic, devil or pokemon so we can tell who too lynch/harrass/burn at the stake? at least then this guy will be happy :x . Pokemon is just a little kids show, It sucks but it doesn't do any harm.

By the way did anyone read the "Description Of Some Of These Monsters"
Meowth - This monster evolves into Persian, which has a Hindu identification mark on its forehead

:evil: WHAT may I ask is wrong with hindu's. This guy is a fachist! :x
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:15 pm

Don't get angry, Alice. No one who is even half-educated will be able to take him seriously.

Firstly, the vast majority of Persians are Muslims, not Hindus. They are hardly likely to be sporting 'Hindu identification marks' on their foreheads. (Whatever one of those might be - I presume the author of this rubbish must be referring to the ash-and-paint smears that some Hindu holy men wear, or the sindur powder that wives use on their foreheads as a sign of their marriage. Either way, they're not identity badges.) Secondly, Persia is no longer known as Persia, but Iran. I think this fellow could do to go to school.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:49 am

The worrying thing is, I expect he has been to school. Just not a very good one. People need to learn more about other cultures.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby pinkparrot » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:32 pm

Pokemon Expert reporting for duty!
The pokemon Persian has a red circle on its forehead.
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Bladen » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:01 pm

Ya it sucks, I say it's evil but geez kids arent worshipping satan, sacrificing, they're just victims of a neverdying lame fad.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:06 pm

The pokemon Persian has a red circle on its forehead.

Married Hindu women wear a red dot in their foreheads. It's the cultural equivalent to a wedding ring. I suppose the mark, coupled with the creature's name, led those website fundies to leap to ever-wilder conclusions.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby intowiz » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:24 am

wats fucked is this guys a reverend he should no better
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby oreilly » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:06 am

It amuses me...

There's a new 'hit list', always someone who doesn't like change and decides it's a terriable bad thing; simply because they may need to change in reply....

Unfortunatly, it's often the case that Christians get this especially mixed up! Quite often the education just isn't there - strange as it sounds, even from a fundementalist point of view, there isn't anything inheriently evil in stuff. That includes pokemon, harry potter, rock music and dancing.... some of the aparent great evils of the last 20 years!

Anyways, enough of a rant... don't get me wrong here - I'm a Christian myself, it's just annoying to see people misusing their faith to back up their personal prejustices. It all comes back to poor theology, but that's another rant all by itself....

I find keeping a sense of humor helps :)
oreilly

Return to Debate Forum