harry potter

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

harry potter

Postby charlie14 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:17 pm

who thinks the new harry potter film is great?
because i do.
charlie14

Postby parnassus » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:42 pm

I don't think you'll get much of a debate here! :D Everyone seems to be on the same side.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:49 pm

I only now 1 person who doesn't like the 4th film. everyone else thinks it's Brilliant!!!!!!!!! I saw it again today!!!
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:12 pm

I saw the film on tuesday with a friend and have to agree that it is incredible, the effects are incredibly impressive. I could write all day abou it. Its just a shame that due to time they had to leave out alot of bits, like enhancing the charaters who were at the Triwisard tornamont..
x
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:20 pm

tears_on_a_pillow wrote: Its just a shame that due to time they had to leave out alot of bits,x

your right about that. I could sit here all night, listing what the missed out.
-ChocFC-
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby mattie » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:28 pm

Like everyone else, I thought that it was great and a considerable improvement on the first 3 films (though I enjoyed them too). It was a lot darker but there was also a lot more humour as well.

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby fuzzy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:14 pm

oh- my- god. IT WAS BRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY ONE WHO DIDNT LIKE IT IS A SCURVY CUR!!!!!!!!
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby monkey » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:05 pm

i enjoyed the movie. it was ashame that they left so much out including characters whom i was looking forward to seeing such as winky. i didnt like that they had to change some of the events but it explained the story better than if they haddent with the time they had. the move was amazing and i cant wait till i get the chance to see it again.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eDan » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:54 pm

It's often the problem with translating a book to the big screen that there simply isn't the time to include everything that has appeared in the book. The same is true of Lord of the Rings, and there were several noticeable areas where characters had been left out, but to be honest they didn't affect the overall plotline.

I must admit having not read the Harry Potter books, but this latest film certainly did convert well to the big screen, and I enjoyed it a lot. I think as the characters grow older, whole new dynamics are added to the story. As Mattie mentioned this latest film is a good deal darker and with more humour than the previous 3 films, and it's much stronger for that.
eDan
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:42 am

I still prefer the third film. I wasn't all that impressed by the fourth because of WHAT they left out, not how much. Moody was supposed to come across as a benign but grizzled protector until the very end, but he was made to look evil throughout the film - you could always tell there was something fishy about him. Secondly, what about Harry's resistance to the Imperius Curse? That electrified the graveyard scene in the book. I think they ought to have included it.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:49 pm

I haven't seen it yet. Sacha told me it was really bad, but the rest of you seem to like it, so I'll give it a chance.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:37 pm

Thirteen-thirty-seven wrote:Sacha told me it was really bad,

Sacha must be one of the few who don't like it - Like one of my friends. they could start a club, and see how many other's don't like the film.
-ChocFC-
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

harry potter again

Postby charlie14 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:54 pm

hi its charlie 14 who started this i thin kyou are wrong the new harry potter film is better than the 3rd but i stilll liked the 3rd,2nd and the 1st one. i have read all the books and they are good.
charlie14

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:43 pm

I liked all the films/books.
-ChocFC-
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby monkey » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:41 pm

the books are better than the movies. but i like the movies. i like the 4th movie better than the 3rd becase the 3rd left people who hadnt read the book very confused. like my dad who had no i dea wha was happening through most of it. and there was no proper explinaiont for the map or professor liupin or the muraders....
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Debate Forum