What would you do?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Postby kitty_cute » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:26 pm

Dont worry Vicky, you were desperate.
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

vicky

Postby k9ruby » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:29 pm

Don't worry I'm not going to get my dad to virtually handcuff you!

I can understand why you did it, and may proubly done the same...
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Ross Millar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:28 pm

I handed in a £20 note into the local police station once. Wish i had actually kept it because there was all this paperwork that they needed to fill in. the policeman didnt look 2 chuft and i had 2 wait 6 months to get it back from the main police station! I knew that someone isnt really going to walk in to the police station and say that they have lost a £20 note.

Aparently its a criminal offence in Scotland that anything found must be handed into the relevent authorities. I dont know if i would have felt bad about keeping it... i would like someone to be honest enough to hand in my wallet with the contents intact if i lost it (Have done on a few occasions!)
Ross Millar
Super Poster

Postby happy_go_lucky » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:25 pm

i work currently at tesco and we do have money left sometimes the most sensible option is to leave it with us it goes to customer services and nine times out of ten actually people will come back for their money lots of old people will drop or forget things and to them even five pounds is quite a high percentage of what they can spend of their pension so people do come back to collect this money my advice is always hand money in

edit if i was stuck with no means of getting home i would have taken the money if as you said it had obviously being well and trully left their is very little chance someone would realise they had left it in the station plus they where probably going somewhere else with no means to collect it i would have taken the money
happy_go_lucky
Super Poster

Postby cookie-monster » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:21 pm

Well i did the good thing once i found £10 on the floor in co-op and i gave it to a member of staff and they didn't even say thank you.
cookie-monster
Mega Poster

Postby Bladen » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:44 am

Depends where it is, I would take it. But hear this, handing it in to the cashier means that someone else has the money and the one who lost it still hasn;t got it, some people do this to take the pressure of guilt from their conscience but they're just passing it on to someone else, either way it's unlikely to be returned.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby happy_go_lucky » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:10 am

i thought id cleared up that the majority of the time money is actually returned to its right full owner i have also had people leave car keys with me and credit cards and on each of those occasions it was returned to the right full owner
happy_go_lucky
Super Poster

Previous

Return to Debate Forum