Labbels

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Postby kitty_cute » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:04 pm

I dislike just 'special' too. Like, because Im in the lowest set for maths, some people are like 'ooohhh so your in the 'special' set? *smirk smirk*' and its just... grr inconsiderate.
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:58 am

kitty_cute wrote:I dislike just 'special' too. Like, because Im in the lowest set for maths, some people are like 'ooohhh so your in the 'special' set? *smirk smirk*' and its just... grr inconsiderate.

Depends on who says it and what tone of voice. If my grandma said it to me, I would know that she meant I was unique and I was a very cool grandkid, but if one of my classmates said it to me in some sarcastic way, I would be angry.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby kitty_cute » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:40 pm

Yeah, exactly, I dont like the sarcastic, spiteful way people say it.
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby happy_go_lucky » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:11 pm

i like happy go lucky or my name and i hate being called idiot or retarded or spaz it really pisses me off
happy_go_lucky
Super Poster

Postby carebear15 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:34 pm

I don't like people making fun of others. Yes, words can hurt. I was called Ld in 5th grade by kids and it upset me, I didn't know what it means but I felt like it was making fun of me and I told my special education teacher. I got upset. I thought that being called Ld by kids that it was bad. Those kids was mean to me. I also gave everyone valantine cards and All the kids didn't take them with them. No body wanted my valantine cards. How it made me feel. It hurt me so much inside. My friend and I have problems with our walking but that don't bother us. I can walk fast. My friend has cerebral palsy, but he thinks of ways he can do whatever it is. Like swimming, He tries things. He tries to figure out how to do things, If I could be like anybody, I would be like my friend. He told me that if i can't drive with one of my legs, i can use the other leg. My friend and i try to figure out things how to do whatever it is.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:44 pm

You are a very strong and special person, Carebear. Kids can be so cruel. Never mind that they didn't accept your cards. All that story tells me is that you have a caring heart that the other students unfortunately could not see.

LD stands for 'learning difficulty' in England and 'learning disability' in America. Almost everyone on this forum has LD - dyspraxia comes under that umbrella. It is not nice to use it as an insult, because LD is not necessarily a bad thing. You understand this; the other kids didn't. We must pray that they will share your understanding one day.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:23 pm

Vicky is right. I am sorry that those things happened to you. It is great that you have a friend who accepts you, though. :)
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:02 am

I suggest you do an if... on their asses* any lyndsey anderson fans out their will get this :D

Previous

Return to Debate Forum