9/11 movies again

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

9/11 movies again

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:28 pm

New 9/11 movies. I don't know if this is good or not. In one part, yes, I think it would be good to make a movie about these events. But, I don't want them to embellish on them. I don't want them to turn into some kind of historical Titanic thing where the events are not all true. I feel bad too that they are making them so soon after the attacks. It must be so hard for the families. This day has meant a lot of things to a lot of people because of all the tragedy behind it. I don't know if America is ready for it yet. I don't know if the movies will capture the sadness and hardship that happened on that day and all the days after. We are STILL dealing with the effects of it. :cry: The families will be dealing with it forever. I don't know if it is fair to them to make these movies. Since they are making them, I think they should wait a while longer maybe. I will probably go to see them, though. I hope I will not be dissappointed. What do you think?

Based upon the experiences of the "ordinary heroes" who stood up against hijackers on a Flight 93 in Pennsylvania. They're willingness to sacrifice their lives saved many others. It was rumored that the plane was headed for the White House or the Sears Tower. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475276/

new Nicholas Cage movie. I think he will do a good job on it. I really like him. based on a real life policeman's experiences on 9/11http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469641/
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby happy_go_lucky » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:33 pm

i sat through a nine hour documentry on the events in modern studies luckily only at an hour a time it took the first couple of weeks of the class
happy_go_lucky
Super Poster

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:21 pm

The problem with the film 'Titanic', is that people start beliveing that Jack and rose were real people, but I don't think they were. I mght be wrong. But it happened so long ago, that some people forget what really happened.

I'm not sure wether making films about it now is better or worse than doing them later. I suppose that it is more on the good side than the bad side, as I feel that some people are starting to just forget about it, and those who lost their lives, but then, it is hard for the family's of those who died.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby david456 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:08 pm

Jack and Rose were real characters, not sure if the sames were the same, but some events were Hollywood and other parts real.

A sensitive issue- 9/11. It will provoke reaction and divide opinion. I just hope it is done with taste and decency.
david456
Mega Poster

Postby fuzzy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:12 pm

I agree, David. I really hope that its tastefull.
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:17 am

david456 wrote:Jack and Rose were real characters, not sure if the sames were the same, but some events were Hollywood and other parts real.

A sensitive issue- 9/11. It will provoke reaction and divide opinion. I just hope it is done with taste and decency.

I agree (about the 9/11 thing). I do not think that these movies will be distasteful since they are about an extreme tragedy in our country, but you never know... I have heard that the Nicholas Cage movie is going to be as accurate as can possibly be from a hollywood perspective. I think that is good for me. 8) These people are real heroes. It would be a shame to make a movie that degrades their actions on that fateful, tragic day and the days that followed. :(

About the Jack/Rose thing- Another movie, Remember the Titans, was based upon a real story that happened in the 1970s. All the characters were real people, most of the events were real, but some of the events were hollywood manufactured. It was still a movie that stood up to the legacy of the people in it. If hollywood is going to manufacture parts of the movies, then I hope that they stay mostly true (as they did in Remember the Titans) to the legacy of the men/women in it. :D 8)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Debate Forum