Piercing and tatoos!

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Piercing and tatoos!

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:27 pm

What do you guys think of them????
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby monkey » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:41 pm

i dont think that theres anything wrong with them. infact tattoos can be very important in some cultres and somthing of respect.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby david456 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:13 pm

Personally, I'm not a fan, I'm guessing when you say piercing, you are taking ear piercing as a given? I don't like guys with their ears pierced though.

I can't really see why people want to get tongue piercings and things like that or tattoos, whatever is your own personal taste I guess.
david456
Mega Poster

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:59 am

Piercing your ears or navel is okay. a nose ring is cool if you have a little one on the side of your nose (as some ppl I know do), but not in the middle like a raging bull. :lol: :D I don't like the big huge earrings that guys wear in their ears. THey make their ears sag down and its gross. Tongue peircing, eyebrow peircing, and any other place besides ear, nose, or navel is NOT acceptable in my opinion. Tongue peircing is just gross. (yuck).

I don't mind tattoos as long as you don't have a million of them (that's gross). My friend has a tatoo of a flower on his back and it looks cool on him. I know a girl who has a tatoo of a crucifix on her foot and that is cool too. Tatoos are good if you want to get them. Personally, I do not want one. 8)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:48 am

I have pierced earlobes, but I wouldn't personally choose any other piercings or tattoos.

If you want a tatto or piercing, it is very important to think about it for a long time beforehand, because it's irreversible. Yoiu have to be certain of exactly what you want and ensure that you go to a reputabble place, where you wont get an infection.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:04 pm

Tattoos and piercings mean different things in different cultures. Some of my Pakistani and Indian friends have nose studs, and nearly all of their mothers do. On them I think it looks beautiful; I'm used to it. But when my half-sister got her nose pierced, it just looked...wrong. Perhaps that is because she has an abnormally big nose and it's not good to draw attention to it. (No disrespect to my sister, but this is the sad truth!)

Like Esther, I prefer 'conventional' piercings. I wear earrings, but that is all. As for tattoos, they make me feel sick.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby madame_tigre » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:44 pm

With the exception of pierced ears, I don't like piercings or tatoos.

I think tatoos in particular are a bad idea because they are with you for the rest of your life and if you do try and get them removed it would cost you thousands of pounds. Fred Bloggs might mean the whole World to his partner at one moment in time but if they split up one year later, sthe woman would feel rather silly having 'I Love Fred' printed all over her.

The idea of an 85-year old woman having a crinkled up tatooo of Winnie the Pooh also disgusts me.

I occasionally see freaks (sorry if I sound mean) with piercings all over their faces. What is the point in that?

I'm rarely seen without a pair of pretty, dangly earrings now but I wasn't 16 until I got them pierced and I'm not tempted to get anything else pierced. What I don't like the idea of is parents taking their babies or young children to get their ears pierced.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Esioul » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:20 pm

I got my ears peeirced a year ago. At first I found them very difficult to manage- I couldn't get them out and put new ones in etc, but myfriend helped me and now I can sort of cope with them. Normally I wear a small pair of white gold stdus which I can sleep in, so I don't have to worry about them if I can't manage with them.

I wouldn't want a tattoo, too painful and irreversible.
Esioul
Forum Master

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:31 am

I got my ears pierced for my tenth birthday! It was so cool!! :D I just have one set of peircings on my ears. No cartilage, no upper parts, just the lobes. I like it that way on me. :D My sister and my friends have their navels peirced. That's pretty on some, but it is not for me as I have a birth mark on my belly button and I would rather not draw attention to it. :)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby intowiz » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:38 pm

i like piercings in fact i want to a medusa and plugs
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby pinkparrot » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:09 pm

I don't like the thought of tattoos and piercings (apart from pierced ears.)
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:48 pm

I had my ears pierced once on my ear lobe when I was, well, I think I was in Junior school, but it might have been Infants, but I wanted them pierced. I am fine with having them pierced, but I don't want anything else pierced. Not even on my ears again. I don't want a tatoo either.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:50 pm

ooooooo, what's a medusa?
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby intowiz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:54 pm

a medusa is two piercings on the bottom lip (not in the middle) and the same on the top lip.
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby intowiz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:59 pm

sorry its not called a medusa i got the name wrong i cant renember what its called
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Debate Forum