VS debate

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

VS debate

Postby Fortnox » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:08 pm

This is a debate thread for all sorts of really weird, or geeky debates, like Bigfoot or Lockness Monster, A-Team or SG-1. Rules;

1.Obviously, no insults, just friendly debating
2. Start a new debate when a new page is reached
3. If a debate has died out or a decision has been reached, but the next page has not been reached, start a new debate.
4. Teams can be used, but don't make it something stupidly outmatched like MM Power Rangers VS Lex Luthor

I'll start;
Spider-Man VS Batman+Robin

*edit* fixed umm, "souder-man" lol
Last edited by Fortnox on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby monkey » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:11 pm

SG-1 as in stargate?
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Fortnox » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:20 pm

Yup.

Just noticed, I put souder-man, I meant to put Spider-man >_<
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby monkey » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:03 pm

i realy like star gate!!!!!!!!
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:40 pm

I reckon batman and robin would win- two against one and all, lol! Wolverine vs. Gambit (any x-mens fans here?)
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby Taradino_Cassat » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:26 pm

Gambit would beat wolverine, have you played X-men Vs Street-fighter, if you have "ROYAL ASSAULT!"

I reckon Resident Evil 2 was a better game than Resident Evil 4
If you can find a Videogame you can beat me at I'll give you $1000000.

"Whoops I dropped the soap! ^_^;"
Taradino_Cassat
Advanced Member

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:05 pm

monkey wrote:i realy like star gate!!!!!!!!

I like it too.

Taradino_Cassat wrote:I reckon Resident Evil 2 was a better game than Resident Evil 4

I haven't played either of them.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Danni » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:00 am

I named my daughter after a character in Stargate SG1... :P
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Fortnox » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:27 pm

Awesome! :D Who?

Out of Wolverine and Gambit, its hard to say, because Wolverine is certainly a far better fighter than Gambit, and he has far more experience (Being old enough to remember WW2, infact he met Magneto when he was a kid, and Wolverine was about 30) but Gambit has a huge advantage with his explosive power, but I guess Wolverine would kinda match that with his healing ability, plus he's so fast he could gain on Gambit in no time, and once Wolverine is up close, he would slash 'im and his staff into peices.
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:02 pm

Danni wrote:I named my daughter after a character in Stargate SG1... :P

cool!!!!

I haven't watched stargate in ages, and I think Jack's left now, but I don't think it wil be the same without him. I think I've missed at least one series (or still missing).
-ChocFC-
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby monkey » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:26 pm

star gate hasnt been on for a long time now. i dont know when it will be back on. i havent watched it in a few years becuase i dont know when it is on. i used to be obsessed about it. im not any more.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:29 pm

monkey wrote:star gate hasnt been on for a long time now. i dont know when it will be back on. i havent watched it in a few years becuase i dont know when it is on. i used to be obsessed about it. im not any more.

In that case I have missed at least one series (except 1 episode), as they always show new episodes on a tuesday, Whilst I'm at Karate. I saw one of the newer episodes a while back, as I didn't go to karate that night. It can't have been that long ago, because I think I saw that 1 episode (That I didn't see Jack in) This year. It sounds like I've seen later episodes than you. when you last saw stargate, was Jack a General, was General Hammond still there, or was it Dr. Weir (if thats spelt right.) in charge of the SGC? I think It's someone new now. And did you know about Stargate Atlantis?

Here, the new episodes/series are on Sky one on Tuesday evenings (when there is a new series), and old episodes are shown on weekends, but they keep changing the times and I keep missing them. I don't know about other countries though.
-ChocFC-
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Fortnox » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:55 pm

Not any more they're not, the finale of this series was earlier this week :( They're probbably going to be either replaying old episodes now, or they might go through the series again. If you want to catch up on series 9 now is the time, unless they play old episodes, so just hope they play through the seires 9 >_< Also, if you miss it because of karate, its on again on Saturday, (Repeat/second chance) some time around 8 I think, check your planner.
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:34 pm

I haven't seen lots of episodes, not just last series. I'd Like to rent out the episodes on DVD (not all at once, obviously) and watch them all in order, I started to on this blockbuster thing that my mum did, but she stopped doing it. so in a way, I hope the show all the episodes through, right from the start again (I know they've done it before) at a set time on weekends/after school.
It was a lot easier when to watch when they were doing the repeates after school, twice. but they stopped doing that.

If your up to date on stargate, could you tell me how many series I've missed? I'll PM you (so as not to spoil it for anyone) the last thing I remember watching (not includeing that one episode i saw, because I was only half watching it.) just after I post this.
-ChocFC-
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Taradino_Cassat » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:45 pm

My older brother loves Star gate and he has the series 1 to 7 DVD box set, I never really liked it. I prefer Inspector Rex, it's a cop show, with a Dog, In german! How can you say no?
If you can find a Videogame you can beat me at I'll give you $1000000.

"Whoops I dropped the soap! ^_^;"
Taradino_Cassat
Advanced Member

Return to Debate Forum