Multinationals having fairtrade products

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Postby parnassus » Sat May 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Erm, last time I checked (which wasn't very long ago), China was a communist country. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think happy_go_lucky means that China is communist in name only - it doesn't really live up to the communist principles it claims to believe in. He is right, but no country on earth has ever succeeded in running a communist society. It looks like an excellent theory on paper but in reality it doesn't work - read George Orwell's Animal Farm.

http://www.fairtrade.org.uk/about_what_is_fairtrade.htm
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby cookie-monster » Sat May 20, 2006 3:03 pm

i think fairtrade products are good, fair trade chocolate from co-ops yummy :P well if the people get the money thats all that matters in my opinion
cookie-monster
Mega Poster

Postby kitty_cute » Sat May 20, 2006 3:39 pm

read George Orwell's Animal Farm.

I love that book!

Yeah, Communisim seems good on paper, but in reality.. it just doesnt work. Ive to a fair few Communist countries, and theres nothing in the shops etc..
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby happy_go_lucky » Sun May 21, 2006 7:58 pm

animal farm is george orwell arguing not against communism but the authoritarianism and elitism of the bolsheviks orwell was making a comment on stalinism no country has ever truly being communist and the so called communist countries you are talking about where where they esatern europe asia or south america and if their wasnt much in the shops couldnt it be that the goods where distributed to those who need it and consumerism might just be frowned upon and seen as slightly wrong
happy_go_lucky
Super Poster

Previous

Return to Debate Forum