Seal culling!

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Do you think that the seal culling is acceptable?

No- i think it should be stopped:
100%
I'ts ok, in a controlled number:
No votes
Im ok with the cull:
No votes

Total votes : 7

Seal culling!

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:45 am

Maybe you have heard about all those seals being culled in canada and other parts. Where young seal pups are skinned, and used in th e trade between countries.
I have seen footage on http://www.ifaw.org and i think it's really sad- there are baby seals trying to swim through all this slushy ice and it's been said they probably won't live so nature has it's own way of culling the seals and we may not need to help it.
But people argue it keeps numbers down and it's good for bussiness etc etc...
But research has shown that with the culling and added environmental difficulites the harp and hooded seal population could be in danger!!
And the fisherman are to slaughter thousands of pups this year- and apparently most of them arn't even dead when the get them or even skinnt them as you can see on a vidio link on the ifaw website! :(
I personally disagree- but this here is a debate forum what do you guys think???
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:11 pm

Seal culling is totally unnecessary in my opinion. Whales eat the seals, so the numbers are kept down by nature - there's no need for people (and corporate greed) to interfere and endanger the species.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Return to Debate Forum