very premature

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

very premature

Postby rita » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:59 pm

Does anyone else think there might be some kind of link( however remote it might be) between prematurity and dypraxia?

When I use the term premature I'm thinking in terms of people who were born between 25 1/2 wks- 27wks approx.

Any thoughts...
rita
Advanced Member

Postby GirlInTheGraniteCity » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:54 pm

I have no idea but I myself was not premature, I was a few days late.

{{{[[[~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<OOOO♥OOOO>>>>>>>~~~~~~~~~~]]]}}}

Heyy I'm Caroline, add me on MSN if you like =D Peace out xxxxxx

{{{[[[~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<OOOO♥OOOO>>>>>>>~~~~~~~~~~]]]}}}
GirlInTheGraniteCity
Forum Master

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:54 am

I was born a week late. My brother, who is also dyspraxic, was born 10 days late.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:01 am

I was premeture but i think my brith was very traumatic for me and my mum- i went into shock and i think at one point they thought i had died or somthing! And i think that in those circumstances it dosen't matter when you were born- late or early. So i think environments can change alot of things as well- but if some day they found out that disabilities and such can be linked to premature births i would not be suprized many many of my friends who other disablilties of many sorts have all been premature!
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby Abi-18yr with dispraxia » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:20 am

i was 24 weeks prem weighing 1lb 7oz i was 3 months early i was meant to be born on the 28th semptember 1987 instead i was born on the 10th june 1987, i was breach i came out bum first and my dad said i let off when i was coming out *a bart simpson* i "died" a few times in the 80's i could of be an abortion. it was VERY frighting for my parents i was 4 months old when i came out of hosptial my mum lived with me she is my best friend in the world! im 5ft 0in. just thought i'd tell ya....
Last edited by Abi-18yr with dispraxia on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abi
birthday: 10/06/87
Abi-18yr with dispraxia
Advanced Member

late

Postby k9ruby » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:08 pm

I was a bit late by a couple of days...my sense of urgency was bad from the very beggining...lol :lol:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:22 pm

I was premature, but not terribly so - I was born at thirty weeks. Six weeks early.

However, I know a significant number of people with dyslexia and/or dyspraxia who were born extremely early. One made his appearance after twenty-four weeks. I'm sure there has been a study into this (I think it was conducted in Sweden) but I didn't read it in full - I was just skimming through some library archives.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby madame_tigre » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:21 pm

I was born 10 days late.

Abi-18yr with dispraxia wrote:i was breach i came out bum first

So did I! That has just got me thinking; could breach births be linked to dyspraxia? I was told that everbody at the hospital was getting very excited when they found out I was going to be born that way (apart from my Mum - she was just desperate to give birth - any way would do!)) The nurses called some student nurses in to have a look and they were intrigued as it was the first breach birth they had seen.

I tired my poor mother out, she stayed in the hospital for two weeks after I was born, whereas with my older brother (who incidentally was born 3 days late and does not have dyspraxia/dyslexia or any other related ondition) she was out within 2-3 days! However, I was a healthy baby and my Mum was fine after that episode!
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby C » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:36 pm

I know that there may be a link between prematurity and/or difficult births and specific learning difficulties I was eight days early so not premature. I was, however, an emergency caesarean (my mum's pelvis was too small too fit me through) and my mum was in labour for a day prior to the caesarean. The author Jacqui Jackson has four sons with specific learning/behaviour disabilities and three of them were premature.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby cookie-monster » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:43 pm

i was born a few weeks early because my mums blood cells thought i was an invader or something like that so it was a traumatic birth and i had to have alot of tests done. My mum said i was the worst birth out of the three (now 2 my brother died when he was a few months old). A few months later my parents discovered a lump on my back and took me to the doctors luckily it wasn't anything serious and went down (now it looks like i've got bad stretch marks or i've been punched) i think all of those things could have contributed to it
cookie-monster
Mega Poster

Postby Andy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:56 pm

I was six weeks early and had fractured ribs and a pneomothorax (deflated lungs) :?
Andy
Splendiferous Member

Postby Danni » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:50 am

I was born 5 days late, so that wasn't a problem for me :)

Funnily enough, Samantha was born 3 weeks early, and I had to have an emergency cesarean with her, as my pelvis was just too small.

My partner has cerebral palsy (mildly) from being 5 weeks early and getting pneumonia as a young baby. He was the same size as Sammie was though (6lbs 11) so wasn't exactly small!
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby rachel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:28 pm

I was bron 4 days late
rachel
Splendiferous Member

Postby Goldenhamster » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:49 pm

Not very typically, I was born right on time!
You don't have to be dyspraxic to be exeptional

But it helps!
Goldenhamster
Mega Poster

Postby Goldenhamster » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:09 pm

Oh, by the way, I was dyspraxic right from the start! I managed to get all tangled up in the umbilical cord on the way out.
You don't have to be dyspraxic to be exeptional

But it helps!
Goldenhamster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Debate Forum