very premature

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:40 pm

Well, I was breach too. Maybe we should start a club... :lol: Anyway, my mother says that I was almost a cesearean section because I was so big, but they let her have me vaginally for some reason. It has been studied that a factor in causing NLD, which is what I am diagnosed as, might be that part of the brain (the cerebellum, which helps with coordination, among other things) is either partly missing or partly damaged. This missing or damaged part might be due to part of it being missing or damaged before birth or it somehow getting damaged during birth. I am not sure if my cerebellum was damaged during my birth or if I am just missing a part of it. But if it were the first option, I would probably have been better off if they had C-sectioned me. I don't really worry too much about it because I can't do anything about it and it may not even be the cause of my disability. Plus, I like the doctor who delivered me. I know I would not blame him for what happened. He wouldn't have known. I am doing well anyway so it doesn't really matter. :) I hope they do more research on brain disabilities in the future. My mom and dad say I was born either right on time or a day late. They are not really sure as they can't remember my exact due date. 8)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby kitty_cute » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:05 pm

I was born a week late = D
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby monkey » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:31 pm

i was born a month early. i came out so fast that they had to trun my mum up side down to try and stop me. i came out in 20 seconds. i was sevely jandus and the docotrs almost gave me a full blood transfusion becase they were afraid of brain damage, but in the end desided not to. hen my mum was pregnatnt with me the doctors gave hersome blood presre medicaton. they told her it could cause some problems with me but if she didnt take it i would die. i was also born with a club foot that was easily corrected. on a funny part, i was born cross eyed i cant remmeber when mum said that came right :) but its funny when you look at photos of me as a baby and my eyes are corssed. the worst birth was my brother rather than me, he was not breathing when he was born, he was bron by forsips.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby invisifish » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:05 am

i was only about two weeks erly, when i was born i dident cry, i looked around the room.
invisifish
Splendiferous Member

Postby carrie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:41 am

i was born ten days earlybut my brother who is dyspraxic aswell was ten days late
smile it could be worse

carrie

MY blog all about me and muy interests a bit like an online diary

http://runrigangelic.blogspot.com
carrie
Forum Master

Postby Joss1991 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:13 pm

i was born a week early (in a hurry apartly) and there wasnt any trouble at my birth .
the darker it is the more stars you can see
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:50 pm

I was breach. I almost was a cesearean section. My mom said that there were nurses all around her so they could give the C-section if needed. Sometimes I think they should have done it because I was such a big baby. According to research, since I am NLD I am missing or have damaged a part of my brain. It's the part that deals with awareness of people's body language and such. This part, they say, could have never been there or it might have been damaged severely. If it is damaged, I think that the damage may have been caused by the vaginal birth. But there's really no way of knowing right now. By the way, I was born on time.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Charmbracelets » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:26 pm

I was a week early but there was lots of problems with my mother fainting in the first few months of her pregnancy with me and then she was not sure whether she was actually in labour with me or not so they gave her a drip which contained a chemcial which induces labour. When I was only a few hours old, they thought I was blind because I could not track movements with my eyes and even then I had no eye contact with either of my parents.
Charmbracelets

Postby Bladen » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:32 pm

I was born right on time apparently, I've been told I was lazy git from day 1, I slept most of the time, the light, zit burrrrrrrrns ZIT BUUUUUURNS! *hiss*

I didn't develop dyspraxic symptoms til later on, I was tongue tied and had problems with wax build ups in my ears.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Katielauren2001 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:14 pm

I don't think there is any link with premature and dyspraxia,I think I was about two weeks early.
Dyspraxia is me I would never change that :)
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby carebear15 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:30 pm

My due date was october 31,1984
I was born on october 21st,1984

My mom said when she got in the hospital and she had me a half hour later .

My mom said after she had me she started having problems with her heart.

my mom got her heart fixed when i was in high school and i would guess i was between 16-19 years old at the time.

My mom said they left the after birth inside her.

I was born with lots of hair .

My mom found out about my deafness when i was little, i do not know what age.

preschool diagnosed me with mild mental retardation first and then the doctor diagnosed me with mild mental retardation.

Someone told my mom that i will be like this my whole life.

My mom put me in preschool at age 3 -5 years old.
My mom thought it would help me catch up with kids my age but i didn't catch up with kids my age and so it didn't help me.
Last edited by carebear15 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby carebear15 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:31 pm

My due date was october 31,1984
I was born on october 21st,1984

My mom said when she got in the hospital and she had me a half hour later .

My mom said after she had me she started having problems with her heart.

my mom got her heart fixed when i was in high school and i would guess i was between 16-19 years old at the time.

My mom said they left the after birth inside her.

I was born with lots of hair .

My mom found out about my deafness when i was little, i do not know what age.

preschool diagnosed me with mild mental retardation first and then the doctor diagnosed me with mild mental retardation.

Someone told my mom that i will be like this my whole life.

My mom put me in preschool at age 3 -5 years old.
My mom thought it would help me catch up with kids my age but i didn't catch up with kids my age and so it didn't help me.
Last edited by carebear15 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Charmbracelets » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:42 pm

I was born at 2 pm on October the 24th 1986-that night, I slept for 14 hours straight and the nurses at the hospital said they had never seen a newborn sleep for that long especially since I hadn't had my first feed before I went to sleep. My mum has always told me I was a very passive and well behaved baby-I almost never cried and would let anyone hold me and everyone said I was such a nice baby! I know that autistic babies are meant to be one of two extremes-either screaming all the time or really passive and withdawn-I wonder whether the same is true of dyspraxic babies too.
Charmbracelets

Postby Dork_Lord » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:39 pm

I was born as expected on April 28th 1990 at 1am. I wasnt really late or early. My birth was not traumatic.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:17 pm

I was due on the 14th of may, but luckily I was born on the 5th instead (the 14th is my sister's birthday. She is 2 years older than me).

The only thing weird about my birth was that I came out facing the wrong way.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to Debate Forum