Iraqi War-I can't believe we didn' t start this topic sooner

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Do you agree with the war in Iraq?

Yes
5%
No
73%
not sure
23%

Total votes : 22

Iraqi War-I can't believe we didn' t start this topic sooner

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:41 pm

That's in a nutshell how I feel about the Pres. at the moment. He's like a mindless idiot running around starting wars, not helping people from Hurricane Katrina in time, and spying on people in his own country. Sorry, I dislike him. If you want, you can join my in my anti-Bush campaign. I don't think we should have started this war. I think that we should have tried to handle the problems we had with Iraq without violence first and then resorted to violence as our last choice. Instead, we just went in and blew up everything, and as Rachel Weisz puts it in The Constant Gardner, "started the Vietnam War part II." We will not get out of this war for a long time I'm afraid and it's all because we didn't think in the beginning. Pres. Bush and Co. did not think about the fact that they would be giving so many lives on both sides when they could have tried a different route. War was not the only alternative. I do agree that the Iraqis needed to have Saddam Hussein stopped and they needed some help building schools, etc. That may have been the only good thing that has come out of this. But, I don't think that war was ever the only answer. It's in the book on how to fight wars that they should be used as only a last resort. We didn't do that. Now we're going to go into debt and we are losing loved ones. Not to mention we are making enemies on both sides. I know people who are fighting (or have fought) in this war. I am lucky that no one I personally know has been killed yet (knock on wood). But it is more than likely that at some point I will know someone since ppl my age are going to war. Luckily the draft has not been initiated yet. I think ppl would have a fit. :cry:
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby intowiz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:15 am

i didnt know this was posted on here in appaled that i didnt realise. anyway time for my self rightches indignation more deaths of iraqi civilians have come from this so called war on terror (or the blood for oil war as i like to cool it) than during the suddam dictator ship. in the beggining of the war do u really think that bush and his brains such as dick would have wanted another route this war was perfect for them. OIL OIL OIL. thousands of peaple dead because he wanted money for haliburton. i mean hes running the usa like texas with the whole dont mess with texas philosophy. everything he does affects america and everything america does affects the rest of the world. Bush is by far the worst president ever infact him dick and margeret fatcher would have a grand old time. bush would sit there drinking his beer dick would whisper in his ear about getting the one up on fatcher so they would be bigger and fatcher would be spilling hot water on bush's pet dog tony blair. This war is moronic and how dare soldiers be arrested for not fighting even though its wrong and bush dodged the draft himself before vietnam. i wont say whats full on my mind of what to do to him because i dont want to have fbi bust into my house crack me round the head with a batton and put a bag over my head. welcome to the movie brazil peaple we are now living in it. Bush needs to leave the white house VERY soon. if we can get tony blair to get the message about resigning you americans can do the same.
oh sorry i forgot under his ragime youd be classed as a terrorist and taken to gwentanimo. i hate bush and he has ruined the world worse than it is because of his moronicness and greed. i cant believe he was voted in for more than one term anyway. F**k war, F**k greed, F**k oil, F**k those giant american cars that need all that oil, F**k bush, F**k republicans,f**k conservatives, F**k the BNP, frown america and frown all countries why cant we all be ONE!!!!!
i have a feeling i may be killed in a minuite.
By the way Mr.Bush im not a terrorist im a free thinker and there lies bush's real terror that cause him nightmares free thinkers so renember kids conform to him and be saved from gwentanimo.
huff pufff huff puff phew
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Page » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:47 pm

Iraq is worse off with Saddaam gone.

If anything, saddaam served a purpose-- he kept the various factions from destroying the country like they are now because everyone thought that he had WMDS and would destroy them if they tried anything. What bush and everyone else didn't realize was that Saddaam was BLUFFING. Everyone hated him and he had to throw his weight around or be destroyed by other countries AND his own people. Now that Saddam is gone, the whole country is falling apart because the factions aren't afraid of retribution anymore.

Think about it: If sadaam had WMDS in the first place, why didn't he use them when the US military was camped out in the desert? (A very stupid move by our military having our troops lined up in tents in the desert since at that point we assumed that Iraq had the weapons) At that point he would have had little to lose since people were there to take him down anyway, and a few chemical warheads combined with the right wind conditions could have been a very effective weapon to use against us. The only reason why he didn't do it was because there were no weapons to use.
Page
Mega Poster

Postby intowiz » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:09 am

actually he did have some nuclear weapons and i know this because the americans gave them to him
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Re: Iraqi War-I can't believe we didn' t start this topic so

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:19 pm

Hermionefan5 wrote:I am lucky that no one I personally know has been killed yet (knock on wood).

I don't personally know anyone who's been killed in the war, but on thursday evening we had a christmas dinner at cadets, and we were doing toasts to things like the RAF and the Queen, and one of the toasts was to a man who used to go to our squadren and got killed whilst fighting in Iraq this year.

also one of my friends lost family.

I agree that were other ways.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:11 am

I will pray for all the troops and the war to end soon so everything will be okay again for both sides. Unfortunately, it will take a really long time for things to get back to normal in Iraq. Hopefully election 2008 will help turn the tables. I hope that whomever gets elected next will be better than Bush! He didn't even deserve to be elected both times! :( He won because of the stupid voting machines getting messed up!
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eastlondonluke » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:34 pm

I get pissed when they take are lost hostige god whats da dam point
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby Qasim » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:58 pm

People may think I'm being harsh saying this but I can't get my head round why the media in the UK spend so much time informing us of dead British soldiers being killed there. Just so we can hear of it and think 'Oh no, that's terrible...' and forget it ever happened the next day.

Imagine if they did that for evey Iraqi that's died in this war...
Qasim
Mega Poster

Postby intowiz » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:37 pm

they should do taht for every iraci civilian killed. poor poor people who had nothing to do with the war. bush is evil, the americans support him are evil and anyone who supports this war is a moron.
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:46 pm

intowiz wrote:they should do taht for every iraci civilian killed. poor poor people who had nothing to do with the war. bush is evil, the americans support him are evil and anyone who supports this war is a moron.

Jason, that's not quite true. A lot of people do the right thing for the wrong reasons. That doesn't make them evil, as evil is about your intention. It makes them ill-informed.

Unfortunately the American education system is very isolationist, for want of a better word. I studied in an American school for a while, a place where 'world geography' meant 'the study of the US, Canada, and Mexico'. Every semester we had to colour-code the states based on their agriculture or population, but we very rarely learnt anything of substance about other places. We were also taught that the Second World War began in 1942.

From talking to Americans both online and in real life, I know that cultural and historical ignorance is fairly widespread. I don't wish to offend any of our American users, but I think this lack of broader perspective prevents many Americans from appreciating the way common Iraqis see the current war.

This is a fascinating blog by a young unmarried Iraqi woman who writes under the pseudonym 'Riverbend'. Her blog entries have been collected and published in a book, Baghdad Burning. She usually updates regularly, but ever since her family decided to leave Iraq on 26th April 2007 she has been silent:

http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

The problem is that we don't even know if we'll ever see this stuff again. We don't know if whatever we leave, including the house, will be available when and if we come back. There are moments when the injustice of having to leave your country, simply because an imbecile got it into his head to invade it, is overwhelming. It is unfair that in order to survive and live normally, we have to leave our home and what remains of family and friends… And to what?

It's difficult to decide which is more frightening- car bombs and militias, or having to leave everything you know and love, to some unspecified place for a future where nothing is certain.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby intowiz » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:52 pm

vicky i know all that about there illinformant. just look at foxnews.
and they say iraq is safer now
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:38 pm

To be fair, there are a lot of Americans who don't take Fox News particularly seriously.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Syrons » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:05 pm

Just look at the incdeients like what happen in london yes it was bad. but we couldnt cope. iraq and other war countries have to put up with that every night. i do feel sorry for them.

But now you look at things Saddam sounds like he did a alright job i mean he proberly killed less people than whats happening now. its just another palastien now. I cant see that place ever being safe now.

How can it really?

They have to split up in little countires probably just like yugoslavia was once. then bosnia. macadonia. albania, serbia, montengro.

Like my mum saying in certain some things are best leaved alone. and i think thats true with iraq.

The only way we could of went in there safer was if were on good terms with other middle eastern countries which we not.

There wont ever be peace this world always going to get worse and worse.

Im not going to hide and say i know everything about this. i stay out news most of time i dont to be persured by newsreaders and goverment people. i simply look after number one thats me. its just simply my opionion thats all.
Syrons
Mega Poster

Postby parnassus » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:07 pm

But now you look at things Saddam sounds like he did a alright job i mean he proberly killed less people than whats happening now. its just another palastien now. I cant see that place ever being safe now.

He was a despotic mass murderer who was responsible for genocide, among other horrible things. I don't believe that this war should ever have happened, but I wouldn't say that anything Saddam Hussein did was all right.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby intowiz » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:10 pm

what should have happend is that america shouldnt have given them guns in the first place. back in the 80s america gave them alot, including nucleur arms that can be remade.
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Debate Forum