What is Normal? Is it an attainable thing?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Postby mattie » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:07 pm

I didn't mean I am guilty of prejudging people. I realise, like I said, that there are lots of people who do not care about conforming much (I'm one of them). :) I was just making the point that the majority of teenagers do try to fit into the popular crowd and do have sex, drink too much etc. That doesn't mean that I think they're necessarily bad, just that most young people like to be popular and be seen as 'cool'. By most, I only mean the majority.

not everything that's in newsprint is true - especially if it is from a rag like the Daily Mail.

I loathe that newspaper! :? My parents always buy it, even though I find it so bigoted. :( I often refer to it as the 'doom and gloom' newspaper because everything in it seems to be so depressing. I don't agree with a lot of it either.

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby Danni » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:33 am

They do? I know a minority do so, but definitely not the majority.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dork_Lord » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm

the majority of teenagers do try to fit into the popular crowd and do have sex, drink too much

A lot of people i know claim to drink vast amounts of alcohol but im my experience this is ujst boasting to attempt to make themselves look cool but in reality they drink much less than they say.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby mattie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:30 pm

in reality they drink much less than they say.

True.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Previous

Return to Debate Forum