screw so called adults

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

screw so called adults

Postby intowiz » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:05 pm

im sick and tired of all this so called adults. at the moment i have peaple really fecking presuring into me about oh grow up be an adult. i look at adults, grownups whatever you want to call them and im just fed up with them being on there bloody high horse. what right do they have to tell ME how to live to tell ME how i should act, what i should do. i get anoyed that they bark off and give orders but GROWNUPS fecked the world up for me, oh thankyou so much elders thanks for fecking up the world for me. by the time there dead i will be in a whole world of crap war poverty wasted resources polution rainforests being cut down floods and the wether turning against all of us. my future looks terrible now, thankyou so much.and you know whats worst no one takes me seriously because im 17. im the young there the old there the ones who are right. no way do i believe that. im young ok fine but that does not mean my view does not count. and you know whats worse i cnt do anything about anything about it there the ones in control. they have been in charge of the future of the world and they screwed up. you know what i just hope my generation will finnaly stand up and say enough is enough we want change we dont want to screw the world up for ourselves and our kids we want efficient power sources a world without poverty etc. but its all wishful thinking the world is in dissaray and i now have to live in it. adults owe us an apology. by the time im 60 (if i even make it to that age) the world from how its going now will be a horrible place.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:50 pm

It's not all wishful thinking, Jason. Think about it this way. The adults of today were the youth of yesterday. Many of them probably held the same aspirations to help the planet that you do. Some of them will have dismissed the thought of 'saving the world' as youthful idealism; others will have gone out and done something about it. A lot of awful things are happening in the world today, but there are also people who are doing wonderful work for humanity and the environment. Our earth is far from being a lost cause, although it is tempting to think like that sometimes. If you become disillusioned now, you will become part of a cycle of frustration and bitter apathy that prevents people from accomplishing what we might accomplish if we held on tight to what we know to be right.

I agree with you in that age does not always confer wisdom. There is a passage in the New Testament in which Jesus tells his followers that unless they become like little children they will never see the Kingdom of Heaven. I think he was referring to the unspoilt interior knowledge that young children often possess.

Have faith in yourself and in other people, and don't lose hope.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby mattie » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:52 am

I agree with Vicky. Whilst there are people, there is always hope. :)

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:15 pm

Yes, I agree with Mattie and Vicky. There are lots of terrible things in the world, but people are working hard to change them. Problems aren't as easy to solve as they might appear. I turned 18 this summer, so I'm technically an adult, but I wasn't suddenly handed a magic wand with which to fix the world's problems if I so chose. There are many people out there who are two, three, four or five times your age who feel the same desire for a better world as you and who feel equally powerless. As individuals, we can't change much. The world can only get better if all people of all ages work together for it.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:54 am

Thirteen-thirty-seven wrote:Yes, I agree with Mattie and Vicky. There are lots of terrible things in the world, but people are working hard to change them. Problems aren't as easy to solve as they might appear. I turned 18 this summer, so I'm technically an adult, but I wasn't suddenly handed a magic wand with which to fix the world's problems if I so chose. There are many people out there who are two, three, four or five times your age who feel the same desire for a better world as you and who feel equally powerless. As individuals, we can't change much. The world can only get better if all people of all ages work together for it.

Yup. We have to work together if we want a change. :D
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:32 am

As individuals, we can't change much.

I agree with the rest of what you've written, Esther, but I don't know about that one. Remember what Gandhi said. "You must be the change you want to see in the world."
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby intowiz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:37 am

yes but what change do most peaple want to see. i now alot of peaple who would like to see iot through war. i dont agree with war. gandhi was a great man. what needs to happen is change through political methods by the peaple not mindless blood shed. hate breeds more hate and at the moment theres plenty of it to go around. how can i not feel dissalusioned.
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby mattie » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:04 pm

how can i not feel dissalusioned

with a great deal of difficulty, it must be said. :? the problem is that 95% of the population don't care about anyone but themselves. how this can change, i'm not sure. i basically don't think it ever will, in fact i think the world will only get worse and worse.

mattie
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:09 pm

the problem is that 95% of the population don't care about anyone but themselves.

Mattie, that is completely untrue. There is no evidence behind that statistic. You have just pulled it out of your own head. If a victim of the Holocaust (Anne Frank) could write in her diary, "In spite of everything, I still believe that all people are good at heart," then there must be something decent about our fellow human beings. We're not shut up in a poky old attic and facing the threat of a death camp; surely the world ought to mean a lot more to us because of what we have?
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:45 pm

Mattie wrote:i basically don't think it ever will, in fact i think the world will only get worse and worse.

Gandhi wrote:Throughout the history of mankind there have been murderers and tyrants; and while it may seem momentarily that they have the upper hand, they have always fallen. Always.

^What he said
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby intowiz » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:29 pm

which one?
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Knowing Esther as I do, I think she was referencing Gandhi. ;)
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby intowiz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:56 pm

thankyou mattie
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eastlondonluke » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:36 pm

Adults can be crap at times true but dats partly da resson why all these youth man are out of controll cause alot of parents these days dont diserplin der youngsters.

I hate it when kids try to destroy adults lives so there has to be some give and take wid authority but i can see where ya comin from though
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Return to Debate Forum