News...

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Do you think the media present issues differently in different places?

Yes
69%
No
No votes
I'm not sure
31%

Total votes : 13

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:06 pm

I don't know - it could be.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Danni » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:37 pm

Yes- the same stories are often portrayed very differently in different countries.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby mattie » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:07 pm

all news channels and newspapers are shi* and should be taken with a pich of salt.

mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby Katielauren2001 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:26 pm

Yes news reports are portrayed differently in other countries.
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:28 pm

I think it depends on where you are and what the new is- for exsample i'd be curios to see or comapare news bullitons aired from iraq and america?
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby Fortnox » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:00 am

I know a guy who, when going to a fund-raising event at a hospital in jedi gear with his other jedi friends and a guy in a jar-jar costume, was reported by a newspaper to be "Three wizards (jedi) with magical staffs (lightsabers) and a dragon(Jar Jar)". Who on earth mistakes Jar Jar freakin' Binks for a dragon? Not much needs to be said. Having said that,
I went to a PSC march once (One of the only ones I went to before realizing how much of a work out it is. Maybe again after someone invents the hover-chair.) and so many people must have turned up, there were press standing around in a few locations and some people being interviewed, so we thought it'd get good coverage, there must've been 100,000 people there easily. But the closest the press got to was "over 50,000" one of the main ones, I think it was The Sun or something I can't remember simply said "thousands", having been there myself and seen how many people were there, I never trust the press after that.
Fortnox
Forum Master

Return to Debate Forum