Do you care about the enviroment?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Do you care about the enviroment?

No!
10%
Yes.It is a very important issue.
90%
I don't know.
No votes

Total votes : 21

Postby Bladen » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:50 pm

I'm no Geologist, hell I'm really struggling in AS Geography and still I know all that I know just from reading books, documents, and wikipedia, I intake information at an insane rate from reading and badly from speech, if something's written and simplified enough for me to understand then boom it goes into my head. I've always had an interest in reading about the earth systems, I knew what a pyroclastic surge was and could describe one before I could even do my times tables.

Give me a few things and I bet you I can pick out a good few points from it, that's how things work in my head. It's a really interesting subject but the human and economical side of geography is a real obstacle for me because I barely know much to build onto in the first place.

There are volcanoes all over the planet, some blowing carbon and ash into the atmoshphere right now. comes to prove nature has it's ways with dealing with global warming and global cooling, the current stature of global warming is nothing compared to what nature has done and capable of but it's still a serious thing one way or another.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:03 am

Nature has its ways of dealing with natural global warming, as it's a self-regulating cycle.

It will struggle very much to cope with the hugely unnatural global warming that we are facing now.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:37 am

chocolatefudgecake wrote:I care, but what worries me is that loads of people don't.

If people don't do anything about pollution and global warming soon, it will be too late.

I feel guilty about using electricity soo much on a daily basis. and about turning on christmas lights.

Me too. I feel bad when I don't recycle. Sometimes I just can't find a can to recycle the bottles in though. I feel guilty about driving because America pollutes way too much of the air with gasoline when we could ride our bikes or take a train. The problem enlies with getting the trains in my hometown...

I just watched "An Inconvenient Truth" (the Al Gore documentary film) a few weeks ago. It scared the crap out of me! I don't want our planet to get that warm and I still want it to be here for my kids someday! I hope my efforts and the efforts of leaders can help stop the global warming. Hopefully whoever our next president is can put this as a big issue. It's bigger than the war in my opinion because if global warming were to end the world today there would be no war to worry about and there wouldn't even be a human race!
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eastlondonluke » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Im not all ways carefull bout how much whater i use but i do recical all of ma plastics
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Previous

Return to Debate Forum