School

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Postby mattie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:29 am

The thing is, is there really any point to knowledge either? :? :D Is it just another form of vanity?

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby intowiz » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:42 am

i think knowledge is important and it would be a sad world without it. although in some ways it would illiminate things such as the stockmarket and giant community which threatens the earth each day.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby mattie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:29 pm

knowledge is the route of most evil. without knwoledge we may not have medical knowldege but we also wouldn't have nuclear and harmful weapons. knowledge is one of the biggest deceiver there is.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:34 pm

It is possible to be extremely well educated and yet very ignorant at the same time. There is no knowledge behind nuclear weapons - only ignorance of the crudest sort. It takes a moral vacuum to create weapons of mass destruction.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:01 am

Joss1991 wrote:the goverment needs to improve schools for everyone (especially for SPLD learners)

I agree. The American goverment is the same way. They just don't seem to understand that people need to be schooled well in order to be successful. Well, unless you are one of those lucky high school drop-outs who lands a hit comedy act and becomes an actor (Jim Carey).
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Katielauren2001 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:55 pm

I agree schools need to be improved,especially for us who need an extra little help with our learning.
Dyspraxia is me I would never change that :)
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:14 pm

Katielauren2001 wrote:I agree schools need to be improved,especially for us who need an extra little help with our learning.

Yeah, and no child left behind is ironically leaving every child behind by setting unrealistic standards!
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eastlondonluke » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:37 pm

They do improve but only in certain things,they dont do anything for kids whith special educational needs
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby Alice » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:14 pm

mattie wrote:The thing is, is there really any point to knowledge either? :? :D Is it just another form of vanity?

The point of knowlage is to form a base for understanding. Some pepole, myself included, need to continue gaining knowlage and understanding to feel that there is a point to life. Knowlage isn't anything to do with vanity. It's simply the most basic thing beyond instinct that we posses, and the foundation of everything more complex that we add to our thoughts.
Last edited by Alice on Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby druchi » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:39 pm

not sure of this really adds to knowledge being bad but...

When i found out my brother was autistic age 7 the 1st thing i did was looked up websites books anything i could lend my hands on to understand him sure he could be hard but i understand the wayy he is

When i found out i had Dyspraxia i went on a another knowledge quest i found out everything i could lay my hands on

so knowledge can mean understanding as much as anything else so if there was no knowledge would any of us have realised that it wasent our fault we just fell and tripped over our own feet? or the fact our writting is so illegible had a reason?

Knowledge does not mean understanding or ignorance it gives the 'choice' between both and more
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Splendid » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:33 pm

I think school can be a waste of time for some people. If you want to be a doctor then you'll want to stay in school but if you want to be rich you don't have to go to school. Their are people who dropped out of high school and became rich. However their's people who dropped out and didn't. I think if a school doesn't try to help you appreciate life then it wasn't a very good school no matter what sort of mark you got.
Life, The Universe, Everything - 42
Splendid

Postby Bladen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:06 pm

School's good for learning the basic educational skills, verbal, mathematical and in some ways scientific. Apart from the basic skills you learn the system is useless. Requirements to study courses for certain careers is fricking ridiculous, The requirements for University courses is the same. It isn't fair on the people who want to learn but struggle at scoring high on exams.

It's not about numbers, grades and a measurement of what skills you're good at that gets you the job it's the fact you want to do it and want to learn it. Well that would be the system in a perfect world...
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eastlondonluke » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:25 pm

I did't aprechate my education cause the schools iv been in havent realy done anything for me thats why i started bunking off in the end
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

School :(

Postby baybee-gurl69 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Heyyah

I get bullied quiet alot and get called fat

I dont have the highest marks but i have a amazing group of mate sxxxxxxxxxxxx
Martha Chapman
baybee-gurl69

Previous

Return to Debate Forum