The Moon Landing

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

The Moon Landing

Postby Bladen » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:52 pm

So, Do you reckon the entire program was a hoax, just apollo 11 or was it all real and no cover up involved?

well the subjects there, GO!

I've been reading a few things to consider certain aspects were indeed fake, I myself reckon Apollo 11 was the hoax, the others "maybe"

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm is one website giving points and evidence to consider the entire thing was fake.

So, what do you think?

CONSPIRACY! W00t!?
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:52 am

Well, I didn't really have the time to look over your link, but I don't believe it was a hoax. I mean, there are people still alive today that went on all those missions and people who saw it on tv. Apollo 13 was definitely true. Why would you make something up like that where people almost die in space?

I don't know if you are talking about all of the space missions, but if you are then I would think that it's really sad that people believe it's all a hoax. Some people have died on these missions to space. We saw it on tv. There are real people's families involved in the accidents. The Challenger explosion happened just one day after I was born and lots of people died. Then, about four years ago there was another explosion where everyone died. It's kind of mean to make that kind of stuff into a hoax when it involves people's real lives.

I mean, to me it's kind of like saying that September 11th attacks didn't happen. Those people, in my opinion, need to ask the people who suffered losses on Sept. 11th 2001 and then talk about how it didn't happen.

I wasn't born when Appollo 11 happened (or when any of the Appollo missions happened), but I believe they did. It just doesn't seem right that somebody would make that stuff up.

Okay, well I did finally read it and I still think it isn't a hoax. I mean, maybe this is just because I've been told Neil Armstrong landed on the moon my whole life, but I still don't believe the hoax thing. I mean, all this info looks like it was from Wikepedia. That's not the most reliable source because anybody can go in and type anything they want there. The website doesn't really look all that professional even though NASA's name is mentioned on it. I won't buy it unless it's printed on some professional page with a person who has a doctorate in science's name on it.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:15 pm

People who create conspiracy theories tend to exaggerate and completely make up facts, I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure they really did land on the Moon, if they did make it up it was to make the Soviets feel less inclined to attack the US, and if that was the reason they'd hoax the mission, then why did they have problems on Apollo 13? If it was a hoax I mean.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bladen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:28 pm

Well those are good points but my beliefs of the hoax is narrowed down to Apollo 11 specifically. The other missions were pretty much real, or could of been or whatever.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:25 pm

I don't believe it was a hoax, but if it were then I think it would be limited to Apollo 11. I mean, why make up stuff about people almost dying on Apollo 13? Why make up stuff about people dying on the Challenger and the other space ship which blew up in 2003 (can't remember the name at the moment)?
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bladen » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:04 am

challenger and that other shuttle weren't part of the moon landing program though. The entire thing could of been a hoax, Apollo 11 moreso for the Americans to win the space race.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dork_Lord » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:39 am

Although i wouldnt put it past them, I believe Apollo 11 did land on the moon. It seems peculiar not to go to the moon after the vast resources spent on the project.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby Goldenhamster » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:52 pm

I don't believe that it was a hoax. The answer to the moving flag is simple, it fluttered because it was driven into the ground with force, and kept moving for quite a long time because being no atmosphere there would be no air resistance to stop it. They did attempt to send another mission Apollo 13 to the moon, but it encountered such serious technical problems that it is a miracle that the men got safely home. Possibly this put people off the idea.
You don't have to be dyspraxic to be exeptional

But it helps!
Goldenhamster
Mega Poster

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:51 pm

Goldenhamster wrote:I don't believe that it was a hoax. The answer to the moving flag is simple, it fluttered because it was driven into the ground with force, and kept moving for quite a long time because being no atmosphere there would be no air resistance to stop it. They did attempt to send another mission Apollo 13 to the moon, but it encountered such serious technical problems that it is a miracle that the men got safely home. Possibly this put people off the idea.

Yeah, they didn't really try to go to the moon after that because I think they might have been worried Apollo 13 might happen again. Space is so dangerous! I watched the movie Apollo 13 and it was really scary to think that something like that actually happened to people!
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dork_Lord » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:50 pm

From a programme i watched on the space race between USA and USSR around half the astronauts/cosmonauts were killed during those flights because its so dangerous to try and go to space.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby Katielauren2001 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:21 pm

I don't believe it was a hoax either.
Dyspraxia is me I would never change that :)
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:28 pm

There was more than one landing on the moon...

Apollo 11 and 13 weren't the only attempts, most people don't care about the others though, also, the facts they have behind the conspiracy make sense to a certain extent, but when they make something up it's stupid, they say there's radiation around the moon and you'd die if you went there. Well, they did on a program I watched about it.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Oh, yeah I do remember them saying in the film Apollo 13 that one of the characters (Tom Hanks' character) had been to the moon before but it wasn't on Apollo 11. It was before that.
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Goldenhamster » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:54 pm

I love Apollo 13 because when most of the world had given the astronaughts up for dead the guys on the ground at NASA and the astronaughts themselves were determined that the mission should be a success. Even though it didn't get to the moon, Apollo 13 is sometimes described as America's greatest space sucess because they managed to acheive the seeminly impossible in keeping those men alive.
You don't have to be dyspraxic to be exeptional

But it helps!
Goldenhamster
Mega Poster

Postby Bladen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:14 pm

ROFL, Neil Armstrong's speech has a backwards sublime message in it!
"Man never space walk"

If the Russians were/are so much more technologically advanced then America then why did they never go to the moon?

Why hasn't anyone been back in 36 years?
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Debate Forum