The Moon Landing

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Postby Dork_Lord » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:20 pm

The reasons that no-one has been to the moon in more recent years is more a case of reduced nasa funding. Since the USA got to the mmon first they no longer were in rivalry with the ussr to get there first. Therefore the department had a massive bbudget cut and no-longer manufacures the Saturn V rockets capable of travelling there. The reason the USSR never went to the moon was that when they were developing a moon rocket their head scientist died of old age and the project generally floundered after this.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby Bladen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

the USSR could of easily managed to get on the moon before and after the USA though, regardless of a death they could of done it. COnsidering the useless spare change they got they could easily get a rocket, it's the damn Americans for crying out loud, if they could they would go. If they could of they would of in the first place.

NASA does have the money, they still send rockets and missions up and wasteful missions, they could easily get the funding for another project if they could.

If you look at the photographical evidence of apollo 11, where the hell are the stars, why is the contrast dark when the radiation and lack of atmoshphere would of made visibility limited. They took a hell load of pictures too, most of them different, considering the time spent on the moon and the pictures took as well as the time to get positions in place and such it comes to something like 3 photos per second.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:08 am

I'm not sure if it really matters anymore who got there first. The question is: When is someone going to go back?
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dork_Lord » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:14 am

There isn't really any research purpose to going to the moon at the moment. It costs a lot more to send a human to the moon than send probes into space or people to the space stations using the relatively economic space shuttles.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby Bladen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:32 pm

They have the money though, so why not?
The reason why I think they have the money? It's America, they should be bong high rich!
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:09 pm

Bladen wrote:They have the money though, so why not?
The reason why I think they have the money? It's America, they should be bong high rich!

Maybe we don't want to spend it on something like going to the moon since we've already been there. I mean, maybe we want to spend it on something like Mars. Plus, NASA's been going through a lot of issues lately with that attempted murder by one of our astronaughts and I just don't think we'll be launching again anytime in the near future. Maybe next year. Usually we launch in January because that's the best time of year and it has already passed. I'm not saying we shouldn't spend some money on moon research, but NASA's just got a lot to worry about with other stuff right now. Plus, it was only four years ago that the space shuttle blew up after landing on February 1st 2003. It wasn't a moon mission, but people are more cautious nowadays about launching.
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bladen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:32 pm

I doubt a Mars mission would happen in the next 20 or so years. There has been a space launch scheduled but delayed because of storms.

If people want to prove moon landings are possible then NASA should do it.
The costs is just pocket money, if it succeeds they'll get image.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:17 pm

Bladen wrote:I doubt a Mars mission would happen in the next 20 or so years. There has been a space launch scheduled but delayed because of storms.

If people want to prove moon landings are possible then NASA should do it.
The costs is just pocket money, if it succeeds they'll get image.

That's true, but clearly it's not on their agenda right now. I guess we'll have to wait.
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Shaun » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:22 pm

I think it was all fake. Just a race to beat the Russians - and they faked it.
Shaun
Forum Master

Postby Bladen » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:20 pm

Shaun wrote:I think it was all fake. Just a race to beat the Russians - and they faked it.

The reason that this conspiracy is so widely believed is because America are sore losers and would actually pull off something like this, it's all win, win, win, win, win for them. A loss is like a nuke slamming the country.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to Debate Forum