Dogs vs. Cats

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Do you like cats or dogs better?

Cats are better
43%
Dogs are better
34%
No opinion
No votes
Both are equal for me
23%

Total votes : 53

Dogs vs. Cats

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:09 am

Well, let the debate begin...

I'm a dog person myself. I think they are a bit more friendly than cats and they don't really judge. I like how they'll defend you in a given situation and they love to play. Mind you, this is all in my experience with dogs and cats. Cats are okay, but they are too unfriendly sometimes. I like an animal I can cuddle with. I haven't met a cat I could do that with yet.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby sakura_celia » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:04 pm

You'll have to forgive me, Shanna...I am a die-hard cat lover. I don't paticuarly like dogs, but I would never do anything bad to a dog and would help a dog in trouble given the opportunity. However, I would much prefer to have a cat to a dog.

I don't think liking cats or dogs determines your personality, but in my experience, people who greatly prefer either cats or dogs seem to have certain personalities. For example, all the people I have met who much preferred cats tended to be quieter, readers, and more reserved. I am sure many dog people fit this description as well.

Cats bond well with me, but that is because I come from a long line of cat lovers, and I have a cat loving gene. :D
sakura_celia
Forum Master

Postby parnassus » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:19 pm

I much prefer cats. I like their independence and their quirks of character. They're fascinating to watch.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:29 pm

Im a dog lover, i just think thier better for my families lifestyle as we go out for walks alot, and are natually active! We've always had a dog for as long as i can remeber, so im probably bias that i prefer dogs more, my puppy's right by me now actually sleeping, quite cute acutally!

That's her right now, bless!
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

dogs

Postby k9ruby » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:47 pm

DOGS! Let my picture of Archie hypnotize you all!

Dogs are very loyal, and look up to you if you respect them. Cats are way too independent! Not sure about defending you though if you have a lab like archie, maybe cus of the size of him people may get nervous but hes a gentle giant really, although I never tell the chavs that when I walk him ;)
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby pinkparrot » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:05 pm

I'm allergic to cats, but I spent quite a while as a cat lover before I found out! I do like pictures of cats but real ones are scary at times...I don't remember doing anything so why does it look as if it wants to shoot me?!

*the parrot takes off*
Ancilla sum xx
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:16 pm

I prefer dogs, cats tend to be less affectionate, my cat is pretty friendly though.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Danni » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:58 pm

I love cats. They're cute and independent and the ones around here are very tolerant of a 3 year old running after them and cuddling them :)

I do like dogs as well, but prefer cats.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby monkey » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:04 pm

cats. i have to cats. Pebels is turning 14 years old this yera. ive had her since i was 8 and cats make the best freidns. my cats are very affectionate. when i used to go to school when i got hoem pebles would always be watign for me at the end of the dreive way. and she used to wake me up in the mroning meowing otu side my window. and then i would let her in and she would crul up on me beor i had to get up. she follows me around the house. she likes to sit next to my compurotr or sit on my lap and watch when i am ont he copurotr. Isak is 3. he runs alot. he likes to climb trees and likes leaping at people and climing on there laps. he likes sleeping on top of tedybears and on my bed. isak can open doors and likes to visit dad at work.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:04 pm

Also all the cats i've met have been skistophrenically evil, and been all happy to see me then all of a sudden thier trying to claw my eyes out, for no apparent reason or motive! LOL, maybe it's me?
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby pinkparrot » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:22 pm

I don't think it's you, RHG. Cats follow me as soon as they set eyes on me and then if looks could kill...

Though I haven't actually been attacked by one...I think they're just toying with my mind.
Ancilla sum xx
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Bladen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:13 pm

Cats, they're all just independent, do what they want and are at times hillarious.

Mine has one hell of a personality, he's really smart and crafty too. He opens doors, knows how to get fed and is at time akward, he just pops up out of nowhere, everywhere you look he is there. He even talks to you in some ways, He's pretty loveable too, he likes to have attention and goes in moods if he's ignored. He's fast as hell too, you have to shut the door in seconds so he doesn't get out.

MY Nana has 3. 1's just an old 100% lovable, affectionate and dopey cat (like likes to drool and sleep in the laundry basket, he's called Dumplin because that's basically what he is. The youngest is a longhaired, weirdo. He's a longcat with a long bushy tail and very affectionate, he just likes to lay down on your head, face, shoulders, arms, just anywhere as long as he gets love.

The other is a big fat black cat who is the brother of mine, he is just evil and fat, very fat. He is sadistic, malevolent and everyone's scared of him even if he's in a good mood. He goes round minding his own business but does like to play alot.

The last 2 play fetch like a dog, the former of the last 2 brings papers, chocolate bars (wrapped) and even socks to you. The Latter just brings papers and toys.

Dogs can be fun too, I got a big black Labradour (scared boneless of my cat) and is pretty lonesome since the other dog Dio died in 2005. He usually has always been a lonely dog but enjoys attention and food, he's very, very rough too, I've had alot of injuries to my legs from enduring charges from him.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:39 pm

sakura_celia wrote:You'll have to forgive me, Shanna...I am a die-hard cat lover. I don't paticuarly like dogs, but I would never do anything bad to a dog and would help a dog in trouble given the opportunity. However, I would much prefer to have a cat to a dog.

I don't think liking cats or dogs determines your personality, but in my experience, people who greatly prefer either cats or dogs seem to have certain personalities. For example, all the people I have met who much preferred cats tended to be quieter, readers, and more reserved. I am sure many dog people fit this description as well.

Cats bond well with me, but that is because I come from a long line of cat lovers, and I have a cat loving gene. :D

Yeah, think I fit your discription. :) I'm more reserved too. I have had Collie dogs for a long time. I got my first when I was seven. She was more quiet like me. My new dog compliments my personality though. She's a little more rambunctious. :) I also love to read. I didn't used to like to read though when I first got my first dog. I think another reason I've always liked dogs is because my extended family has always had them. My aunt has had at least one German Shepard for as long as I can remember. My uncle had two dogs and my grandpa has had three within my lifetime. I think that if they had had cats I might have been more inclined to get a cat. Also, the first few movies I remember liking had dogs in them: Lady and the Tramp, The Adventures of Milo and Otis, 101 Dalmatians, Beethoven, The Incredible Journey, Old Yeller, Lassie.

Also, my dad hates cats. For some reason they just really annoy him. He probably wouldn't like it if I brought one home... I don't mind them though. :) I just don't like how they jump up on people's bookshelves and stuff. I'd have to get one that couldn't jump really high and had more of a dog-like personality. 8)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:46 pm

To me, Cats and Dogs are equal. I've never owned a cat or a dog, but I have a friend who used to have a dog and a friend who has a cat, and to me, they just seem equal.

Dogs seem like too much work, and Cat's don't seem cuddly enough. I prefer Rabbits.

So I chose the last option.
Although, I must say that most the pictures I see of Dogs look cuter than most pictures of cats. But I still think they are equal.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:48 pm

I used to love cats but I now accosiate them with burning eyes and not being able to breath. I've always realy liked big dogs, and they have the added bonus of me not being alergic.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Debate Forum