Dogs vs. Cats

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Do you like cats or dogs better?

Cats are better
43%
Dogs are better
34%
No opinion
No votes
Both are equal for me
23%

Total votes : 53

Postby druchi » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:38 pm

Lol i prefer cats personally
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby mel » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:30 am

Dogs can vibrate too, just install a mobile phone that runs on hairballs!

But dogs don't HAVE hairballs!
mel
Super Poster

Postby druchi » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:58 pm

but htey can lick there balls :P sorry off topic :)
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:26 pm

mel wrote:
Dogs can vibrate too, just install a mobile phone that runs on hairballs!

But dogs don't HAVE hairballs!

Get a cat too.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Henri » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:46 am

I have been with my two cats since I was four years old, which may make me slighly biased for declaring cats as my preference. :D

Dogs often seem unpredictable. If I encounter one on my travels, I am never sure of its intentions.
Henri
Forum Master

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:08 am

It's true that dogs can sometimes be "unpredictable," "mean," or "aggressive," but for as many mean and unpredictable dogs there are just as many nice, more predictable ones out there. I'm sure cats are the same way. I have seen some pretty mean cats and some unpredictable ones. I've also met some nice ones. I'm more of a dog fan, but I think that's because my relatives have always had dogs and I've grown up with them all my life. I myself began having dogs when I was seven and then a while after my first dog, a very sweet puppy, died in 2005, I got a new dog. They are both very different, but they are both kind yet admittedly sometimes unpredictable. That's what I sort of like(d) about them though. The d is in () because it's past tense for my old dog who died.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:44 pm

I like cats better! I have five now! Cats have been in my family for generations. Cats are cute and cuddly but at the same time cunning, sly and devious creatures!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby intowiz » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:02 pm

you know if your in a room with a cat for a few days without food the cat will try to eat you in your sleep while a dog would stay loyal.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby jellyjay88 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:39 am

intowiz wrote:you know if your in a room with a cat for a few days without food the cat will try to eat you in your sleep while a dog would stay loyal.

Look up the lady in france who had to have a face transplant because her dog ate her old one off while she was passed out (it was kind of starving)

I have both cats and dogs, but I prefer the cats. Though to be honest, I think I've been pretty lucky with the cats i've had so far. One is like a giant, living soft toy who squeaks and begs to be picked up and carried around like a ragdoll, and the other one adores me and likes to sleep on my feet.

The dogs on the other hand...the older one hates me, always steals my seat and never listens to me, and the younger one isn't all there, and has a penchant for trying to run off cliffs.
jellyjay88
Advanced Member

Postby monkey » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:52 am

my cats would enver try and eat me. when i am away pebels stops eating. she stays with em all day meowing and pering and sitting on me or next to me or on my ebd. pebels was my ebst freind for many years. i think there is a chance i might not be alive nwo if i had not had her. i lvoe her very much. dogs smell bad.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:25 am

Look up the lady in france who had to have a face transplant because her dog ate her old one off while she was passed out (it was kind of starving)

Although I prefer cats, in fairness, from what I remember readin, the dog wasn't starving and did act out of misguided worry. I read a magazine interview with the lady concerned and she said she had taken sleeping pills and, when the dog came to wake her up in the morning, she couldn't rouse her so, in a desperate attempt to wake her up, she clawed and chewed her face off. Still a horrible story but I don't think the dog itself meant any harm!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Steph wrote:

Although I prefer cats, in fairness, from what I remember readin, the dog wasn't starving and did act out of misguided worry. I read a magazine interview with the lady concerned and she said she had taken sleeping pills and, when the dog came to wake her up in the morning, she couldn't rouse her so, in a desperate attempt to wake her up, she clawed and chewed her face off. Still a horrible story but I don't think the dog itself meant any harm!

Most dogs aren't mean that I've met. It often depends on the breed. And the dog probably didn't mean any harm. He was trying to help her and accidentally hurt her. Poor puppy and lady.
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:08 pm

I love cats, just because there are such a fascinating species!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:59 am

I love big dogs. The small ones, I don't like at all.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Alice wrote:I love big dogs. The small ones, I don't like at all.

Yeah, the only small dogs I like are beagles. They are cute, but the others...no. I'm a big dog fan. I like collies the best. I've had two collies (Lassie-dogs) in my lifetime and they are the sweetest breed of dog you will ever come into contact with. They love people and though they are kind of hyper sometimes, they are a lot of fun to play with. They are also very loyal dogs. Love collies! :)
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

PreviousNext

Return to Debate Forum