the next gen wars who will win?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

who will win

Xbox 360
21%
The Nintendo Wii
63%
The Playstation 3
16%

Total votes : 19

the next gen wars who will win?

Postby intowiz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:01 pm

im rooting for my boy the xbox 360 and after that my favourite growing up nontendo. screw sony. but what does everyone else think.
this link is great, whos that in front xbox hells yer.
http://nexgenwars.com/
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby cookie-monster » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:11 pm

ooh i can't choose, i have an x-box 360 and a wii but i'm a playstation girl at heart
cookie-monster
Mega Poster

Postby intowiz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:23 pm

yer but if it wernt for third party companies like square enix and rockstar games no one would give a crap about playstation. and the ps3 is to expensive (mostly because of blue ray which should be optional) they took to long to bring it out over here and alot of the companies are leaving sony to go with other consoles like rockstar games.
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Page » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:01 am

I don't think that there will be one clear-cut winner that displaces all of the other consoles. However, Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages.

PS3: extremely expensive, going for $600US. The reason it costs so much is that it uses sony's blu-ray technology. Sony has the notorious habit of trying to redefine standards with their own proprietary technology when they are in no position to do so, often to their detriment (remember minidisc and UMD?) Blu-ray currently has the upper hand over HD-DVD in the DVD successor war. The PS3 lets people get a blu-ray player for cheap (a standalone player costs over $1000US currently) Then again, most people are satisfied with DVD, so there is a decent chance that both new HD movie formats will flop, reducing their practical use to game discs and computer data storage.

Wii: I liked it better when it was called the Nintendo Revolution, but the name isn't everything. I haven't actually played one (stores here can't keep them in stock b/c they sell so fast) The new remote feature is interesting and people say that it redefines gaming. Nintendo has always been an industry leader. The price on the Wii is very competitive, as well. Out of all consoles, I think that this one will be the most successful.

Xbox360: It hit the market first, so it had a 6 month head start over the others. It uses HD-DVD for both its gameformat and as a movie player, which has had some problems lately: (http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/news/show/552)

My bet goes to PC Gaming since the hardware on a decent gaming PC is usually a lot newer and better than what is on consoles at any given time, and it shows. (Unless the comp is running Vista; then all bets are off)
Page
Mega Poster

Postby intowiz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:20 am

i love nintendo and have been a hardcore fan for years but the wii disspointed me. the controls are great but its tiering if you come in after a hard day and just dont want to stand up and move about alot.but the controls are still awesome (though a tad to sensitive). the graphic however made me want to cry, they havnt updated it. it looks like gamecube graphics. and the remote revolutionising gaming didnt they say the same thing about the power glove. that reminds me there making a wii powerglove (glee), im giddy with exitement. tehres already videos of it on the net.
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Shaun » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:10 pm

Who cares which one 'wins' in terms of sales? It's about the games, people.

Page wrote:It uses HD-DVD for both its gameformat and as a movie player

Nope. The 360 uses standard DVDs for its games.
Last edited by Shaun on Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun
Forum Master

Postby cookie-monster » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:46 pm

i went with the wii just because it's different.
cookie-monster
Mega Poster

Postby Bladen » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:14 pm

The wii isn't doing so well now, in the end the quality of the overhyped games is that of crap. Zelda TP was excellent but I enjoyed OOT better.

The Xbox 360 is a very strong contender with the ability to wipe the floor with any of the consoles.

The PS3, despite the price it looks very good, the games upcoming for it look brilliant. It's had a slow start in the states but it's dominating europe, it's already sold millions.

The PS3 is going to snag the title once again. With the 360 coming in 2nd.
The wii is basically all talk with nothing to back it up. IMO the wii is a piece of worthless crap for a games console, sure you can download games, that's nice but the wii games are what brings it down.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby cookie-monster » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:22 pm

I think i'm addicted to Zelda at the moment
cookie-monster
Mega Poster

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:11 am

I'm a deprived child and I've never had any of them, but I did have a Game Boy so based upon that I'd have to go for Nintendo.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Katielauren2001 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:48 am

I voted Nintendo Wii because it's not just about sitting down doing nothing.It can get you to dance, move and exercise.In a recent news paper report,I read that the a man was setting up a exercise class using a Nintendo Wii.And a Nintendo Wii will help you lose weight.

This is a genius,its not as boring as an excerise bike,but much more energetic than a Playstation or XBOX .I have always loved the Playstation and Nintendo DS or one of those old fashioned Nintendo game stations.I have never liked XBOX,and although in I don't have a Nintendo Wii I can see it may help keep today healthier.Sorry for rambling can't help it :oops:
Dyspraxia is me I would never change that :)
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby intowiz » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:35 pm

a good point but what if you dont want to be actiove and want to just sit back and chill by using a normal control.
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Katielauren2001 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:35 pm

Yes,thats also a good point.
Dyspraxia is me I would never change that :)
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby Syrons » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:20 pm

I got to go with my new toy the PS3 :D some people say how you got one i dont drink and i dont smoke it soon adds up to amount every month. but i did recentley get giving some money for a reason. i brought a ps3 and i wasnt expecting the money so i thought what i wanted nothing set for the PS3. I think at the end of the day the PS3 will come through and be better than the Wii as adventurely they realese a controller like the wii. as it has senstive joypad and you just have to move it but its really hard so i dont do it on F1. plus i dont know about Xbox 360 or wii but you can play any game from any country like different regions on the ps3 what you counldnt on ps2. All three have got internet but you have to pay 40pound for xbox. you dont for the wii i dont think so nor playstation 3. you get a blue ray player included with the PS3 you dont with 360. for me i like racing games so ps3 will have the better racing games as it always does with grand tutrusimo. but i also hear some shotting games are comming out for the ps3 which are not for the 360. the price is very expensive at the moment i wouldnt of brought if i didnt get giving the money i normally save money. but not this time im addicted to grand prix on the internet but after i played it. it makes me really tired and i have to go to sleep afterwards :P after concenrating so hard about every move. at the end of the day ps3 for racing games. x box for shotting games. and wii if you want to have fun with fun games which are normally poplour with not the serious gamer 8) i think Wii will do the best but Ps3 i think is the better out of the 3 :)
Syrons
Mega Poster

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:51 pm

My sister played a Wii and said it was awesome. :)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Debate Forum