Id cards

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Do you think ID cards are a good idea

Yes
17%
No
52%
maybe
17%
dont know
13%

Total votes : 23

Postby Katielauren2001 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:25 pm

ID cards aren't a good idea. They are very easy to lose! :oops:
Dyspraxia is me I would never change that :)
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

medic alert

Postby k9ruby » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Medic alert- have to wait to get to hospital to phone whats wrong with you. I carry a card, but only first aid treatment( 2 adrenaline hypos and antihistamines). With these cards, you can get the history INSTANTLY and it tell them exactly what I need.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:03 pm

What exactly are the ID cards about? Nobody really has one here except if you want to get a state ID.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby intowiz » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:09 pm

there a card that once they come into affect you will have to carry them around with you all the time so that if the police stop search you they have all your information (retinal and eye scans will be on them).
This will according to the muppets in parliment help stop terrorism.
i appose them because i think they abuse our privacy.
ID does not establish intention. Competent criminals and terrorists will be able to subvert the identity system. Random outrages by individuals can't be stopped. Ministers agree that ID cards will not prevent atrocities. A blank assertion that the department would find it helpful is not an argument that would be entertained for fundamental change in any other sphere of government but national security. Where is the evidence? Research suggests there is no link between the use of identity cards and the prevalence of terrorism, and in no instance has the presence of an identity card system been shown a significant deterrent to terrorist activity. Experts attest that ID unjustifiably presumed secure actually diminishes security.
we have very little freedom now days as it is without having to be scanned like cattle when walking down the road.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby carebear15 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:45 am

that reminds me i need to get my state id. because it expired last month and my mom hasn't taken me to the license branch.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bladen » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:05 pm

That is the one of the craziest things I've heard. It'd be useful when you're drunk as a skunk on pot but to stop terrorism?! Now that is PARANOIA. kekeke.

I can't decide whether or not it's a good idea but at the moment I think it's psychotic.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby intowiz » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:04 pm

how can you be drunk on pot lol. aww man i dont want to have to show an id every time im smokey happy.
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Ross Millar » Wed May 02, 2007 11:14 pm

I carry a drivers licence card on me, I own a passport, I have student ID, I have a birth certificate too. Y would I want to carry another peice of Identification? How on earth would a glorified "social and cultural credit card" enhance the lifes of the public and prevent terrorism?

It would be a legal requirement to be in possession of one in which you would have to pay for not only that the card will have to expire at sometime in which you will need to pay for a new one.

If your not convinced of the arguments against, consider the following...

:arrow: It isnt going to stop terrorsim, the piece of plastic dosesnt stop people preforming these acts, plus anyway many potential terrorists are now considered "home grown". Its mearly a tax! Which is really a hidden charge! ... the labour govt. dont really like using the "T" word when it comes to this issue

:arrow: Is the govt. planing on merging my drivers licence, passport etc. onto one card?

:arrow: The card will save govement expenditure on the NHS and inprove waiting times (how?) Well you will be required to present the card when getting treatment. If you lost the card or forgot to pick it up before leaving the house they may be able to refuse to treat, therefore placing you lower down on the waiting list.

:arrow: Thre not dyspraxic friendly!

:arrow: The govt. shouldnt be allowed to decide on this issue in its entirty and any major dicision which affects us shoud really be put forward for a referendum. I would see this been put forward as a major constitutional change.

Think its time for the govt. to listen - People should be trusted to decide for once on the issues which most effect them.

Thats my case over .... You think im for ID Cards?
Ross Millar
Super Poster

Postby intowiz » Thu May 03, 2007 4:37 pm

dude you said what i wanted to say
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Miranda » Thu May 03, 2007 5:27 pm

Did you guys know in the UK the Government can trace who made each vote

That's out of order

Something to do with serial numbers.