Political Orientation

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Postby hortonsheardawho » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:26 pm

haha, yes henri i always up for a debate
"Mam, Forgive Me This Is Some Damn Fine Coffee"
hortonsheardawho
Forum Master

Postby champagne_supernova » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:37 am

Predominantly, you're all left wing libertarians. Strange.

I'm in the centre of the social scale and on the far right economically. I'm from New Zealand, and personally, I think the state needs to leave a lot of social aspects alone and intervene in the areas they aren't intervening in yet.

In terms of economics, I'm all for free trade, laissex - faire, and paying high taxes when all it's doing is fuelling the dole - bludgers (the GENUINELY disadvantaged could be funded by well organized private organizations) and paying for 'artists' to produce a range of 'abstract work' that is just total bollocks.

New Zealand's Labour Government gave 26,000 dollars for a hip - hop dancing tour to the US a few years ago (the performers weren't esteemed at all), presumably under the Performing Arts sector of the budget.

Now that's injustice.
"To love one's self is the beginning of a lifelong romance" - Lord Goring of 'An Ideal Husband' (written by Oscar Wilde)
champagne_supernova
Advanced Member

Postby HairyLemon » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:42 pm

On that political compass it said i was a left winger which is strange because i've always considerd myself right wing. :?
HairyLemon
Mega Poster

Re: Political Orientation

Postby talbotthefox » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm an anarchosyndicalist, meaning that I believe in the co-operative nature of politics, and favour an eonomy based on a co-op model. I'm also a feminist, queer liberationist, anti fascist, anti imperialist and an ardent proponenet of eco and animal liberation!
talbotthefox

Postby jjk3 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:31 pm

I am very liberal on most things but not on Others. EG I believe in Gay Marriage (even though I'm not gay) and gay adoption but I'm totally against abortion and birth control that allows the egg to be fertilized but not develop (I am very catholic that way :P )
jjk3
Power Poster

Postby Maximus » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:51 am

Reading most peoples answers it appears that I am in a minority i.e. on the Centre Right. Essentially I believe that the State should provide the bare minimum for its people (decent healthcare, education, police and emergency services etc) and that is it. In regards to Welfare then the State should again be as small as possible, only people actively looking for work should expect government support but of course this would differ if one is physically or mentally impaired.
Maximus
Advanced Member

Postby Brian » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:02 am

I am a centre - right liberal.

Don't really know what party that would be in the UK
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby BethanyGillam » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 pm

I am a conservative.
BethanyGillam
Super Poster

Previous

Return to Debate Forum