Life: How do you see it?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Life: How do you see it?

Postby Remus » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:43 pm

I see life as a journey and sometimes we have to explore different areas e.g A forest could represent a new job. Many days life chucks boulders in my way as a obstacle that I must get pass.

I also see life as a rollercoaster with its ups and downs.

How do you see life?
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Danni » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:26 am

A neverending spiral downwards. That's just my life though.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bladen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:32 am

A mass series of crossroads, all joined at the beginning and the end.
You choose your series of roads you follow the roads, you don't know what you're gonna get, when or even what will happen, you just keep moving along. Don't stop for anything, getting to the end is the goal.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:38 am

Well, not to be completely cliche, but I really do agree with Forrest Gump when he says, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Each day is an adventure and you don't know what's going to happen so sometimes you just have to take a taste of that chocolate and then see what you get.

Another one of my favorite quotes about life: "You don't throw a whole life away just because it's bent up a little."--From Seabiscuit. I like this quote because I think its true that everyone has their problems, but the important thing is to recognize that every life matters.

And of course, "Life is a highway. I'm gonna ride it all night long."--Tom Cochran. :)
Life is one of those twisted highways that you ride until you die and sometimes, you've just got to wait it out. Other times, you're very happy to be on that road.

Now that I'm done with this philosophical lesson, I'm going to bed because it's 3:40 in the morning here. Night everyone! :)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby pinkparrot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:08 pm

The best and worst thing in the world, plus everything in-between.
Ancilla sum xx
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Bladen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:52 am

Lyrics from a favourite song of mine: "They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell, oh well
And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's Heaven and Hell, oh no!" Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell. This one verse, this climax describes it all.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Cartouche » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:04 am

I can't think of any answer even beginning to approach truth.

Life is being alive. Life is living. That is life.
Look Again
Cartouche
Splendiferous Member

Postby Katielauren2001 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:58 am

I see it as living and taking part of the game.
Dyspraxia is me I would never change that :)
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:39 am

I simply see life as too short and full of surprises.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:18 pm

Life...is hard.
Life...is short.
Life...is happy.
Life...is sad.
Life...is being angry.
Life...is loving others.
Life...is sometimes hating.
Life...is what Peter Pan calls "a great adventure."
Life...is a gift only given to some
...and usually taken away too soon.
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Syrons » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:48 pm

Thanks to people in the past life can be very easy for us all in the first world.

We don't experience many things like a third world country would.

- Dying when life hasn't even started
- Medical care non existent for some, Diseases especially aids
- Working all sorts of hours a week for just 50p
- Violence
- Corruption
- Can't say what you think and be who you want to be, that's a gift in Britain, its things like that we take for granted.
- No water walking miles for just clean water.
- Tortured
- No heating, we can sit in a nice warm room.
- We have food every day, there is perfectly normal families who not on drugs, who been honest and hardworking people who still find it hard just to put food on the table.
- No education, no future no opportunity's, no chances that matter what. I mean i screwed a lot but there is still a chance for me. For many that wouldn't happen.
- Women rights bad.
- No help, we wouldn't get any help or a chance in most countries. That is special, that we do have that. There will be people who won't understand but we just remain happy that we have got chances. People with same problems in other parts of the world, must suffer not ever understand themselves because that what it was like for me to i find out.
- Being forced to do something or risk your life.
- No option but to enter gang life, there is a option for kids in Britian I believe, it's weather they have the guts and take there chances. I don't it like that in other parts of the world because chances in life are slim.

While i know most does happen still in our countries, its more of a minority compare to other parts of the world, where these problems are still at large.

So my picture is life can be easy, our dreams can come true not like for some in other parts of the world. We all different but some have special differences, even know they don't find it but somehow become stronger in different areas. We all want to be happy and go far but we should remember if it doesn't happen are life isn't at a end. We still have chances to express ourselves in many other ways and be happy with the little things we have in our life.

I moan about this country but the best thing about this country is there is always a chance in life, We have colleges, we have nearly every support you can think of for help, so the most important thing is too not give up and make yourself better if you think life is rubbish. There is help out there. It's about weather you want to be helped or not. I think you can be lead in the right direction because we have that chance to change it. Too me long as we have that chance for near everyone life can be good because the world will never be perfect and there always be bad things happening no matter what. if we can make a fundamental chance for every country in the world, then life can be better for more and more people in the world.
Syrons
Mega Poster

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:15 pm

Syrons wrote:Thanks to people in the past life can be very easy for us all in the first world.

We don't experience many things like a third world country would.

- Dying when life hasn't even started
- Medical care non existent for some, Diseases especially aids
- Working all sorts of hours a week for just 50p
- Violence
- Corruption
- Can't say what you think and be who you want to be, that's a gift in Britain, its things like that we take for granted.
- No water walking miles for just clean water.
- Tortured
- No heating, we can sit in a nice warm room.
- We have food every day, there is perfectly normal families who not on drugs, who been honest and hardworking people who still find it hard just to put food on the table.
- No education, no future no opportunity's, no chances that matter what. I mean i screwed a lot but there is still a chance for me. For many that wouldn't happen.
- Women rights bad.
- No help, we wouldn't get any help or a chance in most countries. That is special, that we do have that. There will be people who won't understand but we just remain happy that we have got chances. People with same problems in other parts of the world, must suffer not ever understand themselves because that what it was like for me to i find out.
- Being forced to do something or risk your life.
- No option but to enter gang life, there is a option for kids in Britian I believe, it's weather they have the guts and take there chances. I don't it like that in other parts of the world because chances in life are slim.

While i know most does happen still in our countries, its more of a minority compare to other parts of the world, where these problems are still at large.

So my picture is life can be easy, our dreams can come true not like for some in other parts of the world. We all different but some have special differences, even know they don't find it but somehow become stronger in different areas. We all want to be happy and go far but we should remember if it doesn't happen are life isn't at a end. We still have chances to express ourselves in many other ways and be happy with the little things we have in our life.

I moan about this country but the best thing about this country is there is always a chance in life, We have colleges, we have nearly every support you can think of for help, so the most important thing is too not give up and make yourself better if you think life is rubbish. There is help out there. It's about weather you want to be helped or not. I think you can be lead in the right direction because we have that chance to change it. Too me long as we have that chance for near everyone life can be good because the world will never be perfect and there always be bad things happening no matter what. if we can make a fundamental chance for every country in the world, then life can be better for more and more people in the world.

Good points. I often take my country for granted too and it's important to remember that we're lucky to live where we live.
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Debate Forum