Sasha: Beauty Queen, At 11

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Sasha: Beauty Queen, At 11

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Did anyone watch it? If so, what did you think of it? I think it was sick and disgusting, the way the mother treated her daughter. She's just a plain old pusher-mother!
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Spoon » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 pm

I watched it. I thought it was sad rather than sick. Sasha genuinely thought she was stupid and her parents didn't do much to stop that belief. This was the only way she felt she could succeed and I think that's really sad.
Spoon
Mega Poster

Postby Danni » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:32 am

I'm watching it now (BBC iPlayer) and I feel sorry for Sasha. It seems to be all about what her mum wants. It's scary.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby druchi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:59 am

i think the whole child beuty queens is disgusting and yes i watched the show and i have to agree that the mother was very pushy and i felt sorry for the girl no mother in there right mind would make there child feel stupid and not try and fix it

genuinly saddning
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Alice » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:15 pm

I felt really sad for her when I watched it. It seemed like her mother saw her more like a doll and a way of realizing her own ambitions then a person she cares for and wants to be happy. I think it's wrong to make someone that dependent on their looks (and they did seem to be sending her the message "it's modeling or flipping burgers"), but esspecially when she's not even close to mature. How do they expect to repair the damage they've done if she grows up to look different to how they expect? I also thought it was awful the way they made her look. I could tell she was a very pretty girl and that she was around 11, but she looked like she was trying to be a grown woman which was sad because children shouldn't have to worry about how they look and should look like kids. She also seemed like she didn't really want to do it, her mum kept telling her to smile and telling the camera she was happy, but she seemed sad.

I actually think that beauty pagents for adults are pretty harmless, but for kids I think it's ussually quite damaging.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Cartouche » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:24 pm

I find it really rather tragic how the adult model of beauty is increasingly being pushed on children. I was a little shocked when my 9-year old cousine sang us a song with lyrics like 'Touch me baby' with the appropriate actions. It must lead to such a great deal of pressure, and girls of 11 shouldn't be worrying about that. :(
Look Again
Cartouche
Splendiferous Member

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Is that the mother that puts fake tan and takes 2 hours to put her make up on her child and she live somewhere near Liverpool. If so she is a disgrace of a mother and is just fulfilling her dreams through her child
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Return to Debate Forum