What do you think about the Baby P petition?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

What do you think about the Baby P petition?

Postby kerrianne92 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:01 pm

It's been all in the papers and on the news and i no I thought the way Baby P died was awful and think there shouldn't need to be petitons to get the people who failed to do their jobs properly fired, iif they failed to spot broken bones on a small child, what else may they have missed?

what does everyone else think?
They will not force us, They will stop degrading us, They will not control us, We will be victorious - Muse
kerrianne92
Mega Poster

Postby hortonsheardawho » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:13 am

I am completely and utterly against it with every moral strand on my body.
A social worker did not kill him
A nurse did not kill him
A health authority didn't kill him.
"Mam, Forgive Me This Is Some Damn Fine Coffee"
hortonsheardawho
Forum Master

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:14 pm

hortonsheardawho wrote:I am completely and utterly against it with every moral strand on my body.
A nurse did not kill him

I agree, the blame is being put on the social services who have to make extremely difficult decisions, I agree this is the case where they got it wrong but taking a child away can often have very serious consequences on well-being of a child. Social services have to make sure they always make the best decision.

Also, there's too much media attention on this story, there are plenty of absolutely horrible things happening in the world, the only reason this is so famous is because they can blame it on a large number of people.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:02 pm

hortonsheardawho wrote:I am completely and utterly against it with every moral strand on my body.
A nurse did not kill him

I agree too, the only people who should be blamed are the ones who really did killed him, not the social workers and all the rest. Sure, social services messed up but the people involved will have to carry their guilt with them for the rest of their lives and also like Dan said, it extremely difficult making sure they make the right decision.

So I'm pretty much against it.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby hortonsheardawho » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:30 pm

wooo, people agreee with me
"Mam, Forgive Me This Is Some Damn Fine Coffee"
hortonsheardawho
Forum Master

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:22 pm

hortonsheardawho wrote:wooo, people agreee with me

That's gotta be a first don't it Joe? - :p

miss you bud!
x
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dork_Lord » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:22 pm

I agree with Joe on this. If they'd have taken Baby P away they would only have recieved complaints about taking children away from their parents. The only people really to blame are the poor child's killers.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:02 pm

I don't think the geeral public know enough detail about exactly what happened and exactly who made which mistakes and why to judge who was responsible.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Joss1991 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:36 am

i dont much about it but from what i have hear it seems obvious that he suffering abuse as there stories like they covered his bruises in chocolate when the social services came round. Theres no doubt that the social services messed up and they have be known to quite a few times , but im not sure of a punishment
the darker it is the more stars you can see
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Postby C » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:26 pm

I agree with you, Joss, I mean I also agree that we don't know enough about the case to really say (but then isn't that true about everything we hear on the news?) but I also think that the way the child was treated was barbaric and social services (the same ones who also failed to help Victoria Climbie) should really have picked up on it as neighbours and people were complaining.

Having said that, of course the blame lies with the people themselves for inflicting abuse on the child.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Debate Forum