BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Fortnox » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:07 pm

If everyone who doesn't give a crap is required to vote they'll vote for the first party to ask them to vote. That's even worse
Image
User avatar
Fortnox
Forum Master
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Alice » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:48 am

Not really, those who really don't care would be spread out pretty evenly among different parties, and most pepole have some idea of at least who they would like not to win.
User avatar
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!
 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Henri » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:23 pm

I am not concerned, for one primary reason, and a few secondary ones too. The BNP gained two seats in the European Elections, which is based on proportional representation. This happened in a time of political and economic turmoil, with the expenses scandal and the economic crisis both influencing the decisions of voters. These circumstances are often prime opportunities for small political parties to break through and achieve electoral success - the BNP, however, only won two seats.

I vehemently despise parties like the BNP, but it is objectively clear why more and more people are turning to them. Immigration into the country in the last 10-12 years has been at unprecedented levels, and has caused social change and societal change at a pace which most ordinary people find discomforting. Coupled with the fact that an atmosphere has been created where these matters cannot be discussed openly - political correctness - then it was only a matter of time before this bottled up rage was unleashed.

It is painfully clear that we need a sensible debate on immigration to prevent parties like this from capitalising on the issue.
Feel free to contact me about anything on hrapson@gmail.com
Henri
Forum Master
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:19 pm
Location: Reading, U.K

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby KILBAHA » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:35 am

I'm scared because my mum was bourn in kenya. Does this mean she could get kicked out of the country if BNP win a seat.
KILBAHA
Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:46 am

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:20 pm

*hugs* No - there are a huge number of seats and a single seat will not give them enough power to ibring about something like that.
Image
User avatar
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !
 
Posts: 5688
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:37 am
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, England

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Fortnox » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-leVOqj93BE

Haha. Argument over. Spread this video around enough and the BNP loose all face.

It's rare but extremely interesting to see a politician speaking what they mean. I love how he talks about manipulating the Media in such a casual way, he knows what it's like, he knows he only needs money to do so. Most of all it's interesting to know that people act that way consciously, purposefully, it's not something that just happens. There are very few records of Presidents being honest over the past century, but those that there are are similarly interesting.
Image
User avatar
Fortnox
Forum Master
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Page » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:44 pm

I'm not familiar with UK politics... What is BNP?
User avatar
Page
Mega Poster
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:54 am
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, USA

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby druchi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:22 pm

British Nazi Party.

Or it may as well be...
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Scotland, Helensburgh

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Steph » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:32 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party

Obviously, given as it's a Wikipedia page, it's not the best political source but that does describe succintly what the BNP are all about.

Actually, Page, your post reminds me of something that happened at university. There was an American student at the University Catholic Society who was friends with one of my housemates. This particular housemate is very patriotic and loves England. This American guy had heard about the British National Party but did not know what it was all about and thought it was for people who love England. He said to her that, as she loved England so much, she should join the BNP. She looked at him in shock and told him what they stood for and that she would never join the BNP particularly as she is from Indian heritage. He was very embarrassed!
Steph
Forum God !
 
Posts: 7853
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Surrey, south east England

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Brian » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:30 pm

having read some of the BNP's policies, I have two controversial views.

1. The BNP deserves credit for being such a party in a country that fought the nazi's during world war two.
2. the anti islam views is the attitude the western countries need to adapt because islam is an absolutely f**ked up religion that has still implements age old rules and punishments and yet they want to change the world to suit them and laws in very predominant Christian countries.

personally, if i was british [very grateful im not] i would consider joining that party.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Brian wrote:having read some of the BNP's policies, I have two controversial views.

1. The BNP deserves credit for being such a party in a country that fought the nazi's during world war two.
2. the anti islam views is the attitude the western countries need to adapt because islam is an absolutely f**ked up religion that has still implements age old rules and punishments and yet they want to change the world to suit them and laws in very predominant Christian countries.

personally, if i was british [very grateful im not] i would consider joining that party.


1.

I don't understand what you're talking about. They did not fight Nazi's at all. They are very similar to Nazi's.

2.

Islam is not a fucked up religion, that's INCREDIBLY rude and racist, yes, RACIST. There's nothing wrong with Islam at all. There are extremists who have used Islam as a tool to help with their agenda but at the base, Islam is a fine religion just is Christianity. Christianity has also caused lots of violence which is what I bought up on the other thread which you quickly jumped down my throat for saying. This does not make Christanity bad.

You REALLY need to reconsider these views, I find it very offensive.
Image
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: UK, England, Watford

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Macha » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:42 pm

Brian wrote:having read some of the BNP's policies, I have two controversial views.

1. The BNP deserves credit for being such a party in a country that fought the nazi's during world war two.
2. the anti islam views is the attitude the western countries need to adapt because islam is an absolutely f**ked up religion that has still implements age old rules and punishments and yet they want to change the world to suit them and laws in very predominant Christian countries.

personally, if i was british [very grateful im not] i would consider joining that party.


From the other thread:
Brian wrote:Dan if you claim your atheist than you shouldn't be taking part in thread's relation to religions or religious beliefs.


By your own logic, you should not post in this thread, as you are not British.

And your judging your opinions on what exactly? One of my very good friends is a muslim, and his family are far from f**ked up, they don't implement age old rules and punishments, and they certainly don't expect the laws here to change to suit them.
User avatar
Macha
Forum Master
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:37 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Brian » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Dan wrote:Islam is not a fucked up religion, that's INCREDIBLY rude and racist, yes, RACIST. There's nothing wrong with Islam at all. There are extremists who have used Islam as a tool to help with their agenda but at the base, Islam is a fine religion just is Christianity. Christianity has also caused lots of violence which is what I bought up on the other thread which you quickly jumped down my throat for saying. This does not make Christanity bad.

You REALLY need to reconsider these views, I find it very offensive.


1. read the the first part again because i said country

2. islam is a very fucked up religion that executes a massive amounts of people each year for stupid offences like being gay, adultery. can you say that is right and can you say the way islam treat women is right because i think its very wrong.

macha; you can post all you want but the fact is i couldn't care less what you think and im not wasting my time responding to your posts and reading then where you claim your a mature person.
Last edited by Brian on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Brian wrote:
Dan wrote:Islam is not a fucked up religion, that's INCREDIBLY rude and racist, yes, RACIST. There's nothing wrong with Islam at all. There are extremists who have used Islam as a tool to help with their agenda but at the base, Islam is a fine religion just is Christianity. Christianity has also caused lots of violence which is what I bought up on the other thread which you quickly jumped down my throat for saying. This does not make Christanity bad.

You REALLY need to reconsider these views, I find it very offensive.


1. read the the first part again because i said country

2. islam is a very fucked up religion that executes a massive amounts of people each year for stupid offences like being gay, adultery. can you say that is right and can you say the way islam treat women is right because i think its very wrong.

macha; you can post all you want but the fact is i couldn't care less what you think and im not wasting my time responding to your posts.


So you're saying they deserve credit for being the very thing many many lives were lost to destroy? (Fascism).

Also, Islam does not execute people, people execute people. There are many crude references to human life in some editions of the Bible too. I suggest you read the Qur'an before making sensationalist comments.
Image
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: UK, England, Watford

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Brian » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:16 pm

Dan wrote:So you're saying they deserve credit for being the very thing many many lives were lost to destroy? (Fascism).

Also, Islam does not execute people, people execute people. There are many crude references to human life in some editions of the Bible too. I suggest you read the Qur'an before making sensationalist comments.


islam law which goes under laws laid out in the koran. i would not waste my time reading the koran aswell.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to Debate Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron