BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Re: BNP gaining a seat in European Parliament.

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:31 pm

Brian wrote:
Dan wrote:So you're saying they deserve credit for being the very thing many many lives were lost to destroy? (Fascism).

Also, Islam does not execute people, people execute people. There are many crude references to human life in some editions of the Bible too. I suggest you read the Qur'an before making sensationalist comments.

islam law which goes under laws laid out in the koran. i would not waste my time reading the koran aswell.

I'd just like to say I've lost all my respect for you Brian. I am also leaving this thread.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Every religion has its fundamentalists that I know of with the possible exceptions of Sikhism, Buddhism and Hinduism (I'm not saying extremism does not exist in those religions-I'm just saying I have never heard or read of extremism in those 3 religions). There are fundamentalist Christians who campaign outside abortion clinics in America-I am against abortion but I don't believe anything is going to be achieved by scaring away women wanting to use the clinic, many of whom are young and vulnerable. That, to me, is intimidation pure and simple. However, just because some Christians behave like that, doesn't mean Christianity as a religion is flawed. The same goes for Islam. Anyway this thread is beginning to go spectacularly off topic too-maybe going off on so many tangents is a dyspraxic trait :lol:
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:36 pm

To get this thread back on track, I will safely say that, if the BNP gets into a position of power in this country at an influential level, I will be on the first flight out of here with my African boyfriend. I wouldn't want to stay in a country where such bigots were in power or were able to influence Government policy.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:44 am

My best friend is a very religious Muslim girl. I've spent most of my life to date in a Muslim country and Islam was a big part of my upbringing. I'm incredibly grateful for that. I would be a much poorer person if it hadn't been for the devout Muslim neighbours whose kindness and generosity taught me so much. If I can ever be even a little bit like them one day, I'll be a happy woman.

Brian wrote:islam law which goes under laws laid out in the koran. i would not waste my time reading the koran aswell.

That's a shame. You might learn something from it. I've read it, and it's one of my favourite books of all time. There are some valuable things in there. I would also like to suggest, respectfully, that if you don't want to 'waste your time' reading the Qur'an, then you don't waste your time reading distorted interpretations of the Qur'an from sources like the BNP website. If you want to understand Islam, the people to turn to are knowledgeable Muslims for whom this religion is a way of life, not a group of politicians who are trying to make a profit out of other people's fears.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Fortnox » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:26 pm

Steph wrote:To get this thread back on track, I will safely say that, if the BNP gets into a position of power in this country at an influential level, I will be on the first flight out of here with my African boyfriend. I wouldn't want to stay in a country where such bigots were in power or were able to influence Government policy.

If you want to fight against injustice and invasions into your personal freedom you should have left this country a long, long time ago.
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:18 am

Fortnox wrote:
Steph wrote:To get this thread back on track, I will safely say that, if the BNP gets into a position of power in this country at an influential level, I will be on the first flight out of here with my African boyfriend. I wouldn't want to stay in a country where such bigots were in power or were able to influence Government policy.

If you want to fight against injustice and invasions into your personal freedom you should have left this country a long, long time ago.

...and go where? There does not exist, a government free of corruption.

If I had to go anywhere, it'd be Finland as it's seen as one of the most stable and liked governments in the World, but even then, it's not perfect.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Fortnox » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:35 am

Either Finland or Canada would be your best best if you wanted to live in a Western society, but I was thinking more about becoming a hermit and leaving society all together.
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby stamfordmax » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:58 pm

I am not a supporter of the bnp at all but I find the whole crusade against them quite dissapointing. We live in a democracy and these people are entitled to their views, regardless of how repugnent they may seem. I think that the bnp's success is based entirely on immigration and the mainstream parties fear of tackling it, out of fear of being branded racist. If for example the Conservative PArty produced a list of policies regarding immigration i.e. a quota on foreign workers emplyed by businesses etc than the bnp would vanish over night
stamfordmax

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Fortnox wrote:Either Finland or Canada would be your best best if you wanted to live in a Western society, but I was thinking more about becoming a hermit and leaving society all together.

That's ridiculous. I've had two medical conditions in my life that would have killed me. I would be dead if I didn't live in society.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Fortnox » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Dan wrote:
Fortnox wrote:Either Finland or Canada would be your best best if you wanted to live in a Western society, but I was thinking more about becoming a hermit and leaving society all together.

That's ridiculous. I've had two medical conditions in my life that would have killed me. I would be dead if I didn't live in society.

It's not that ridiculous, you just think it is. I'm not that bothered about dying either, if I could live part of my life free and independent.
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Fortnox wrote:
Dan wrote:

It's not that ridiculous, you just think it is. I'm not that bothered about dying either, if I could live part of my life free and independent.

Then why have you not done it?
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Fortnox » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:59 am

Dan wrote:
Fortnox wrote:
Dan wrote:

Then why have you not done it?

I don't know what I want to do with my life yet. My ambition is to be someone that knows what their ambition is, that's all. At the moment I'm thinking after a few years university I'll major in web design, make a few scam websites to bring in a small amount of money (Enough to live a bare minimum life style off), learn to drive, get a van and hit the road. But that's one of many vague plans, none of which include getting a job and working for the man. I could also deal drugs and use the money to build schools in Africa
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Fortnox, please tell me you'e joking.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:41 pm

Fortnox wrote:I don't know what I want to do with my life yet. My ambition is to be someone that knows what their ambition is, that's all. At the moment I'm thinking after a few years university I'll major in web design, make a few scam websites to bring in a small amount of money (Enough to live a bare minimum life style off), learn to drive, get a van and hit the road. But that's one of many vague plans, none of which include getting a job and working for the man. I could also deal drugs and use the money to build schools in Africa

If you just want to deal cannabis, I say fair enough, but if you plan on dealing heroin and meth, then you should seriously reconsider.

I say dealing cannabis is more moral as
a) It's fairly close to legalisation
b) It does not ruin lives in the same way as drugs like heroin
c) It's not common to cut it with other things so I would assume you wouldn't

As far as scamming goes, that's very immoral, taking advantage of people because they do not understand the Internet is completely wrong, it doesn't matter what you plan to spend the money on however I think it's admirable that you would use drug money to build schools and I do support that as long as nobody is damaged in the process.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Scam websites suck :evil:
Steph
Forum God !

PreviousNext

Return to Debate Forum