Is it right to give drug addics herion to reduce crime rate?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Re: Is it right to give drug addics herion to reduce crime rate?

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:52 pm

KILBAHA wrote:Now way! that stufs ilegal. You could get ino loads of trouble with the police for that.

I don't follow.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby babooshka2002 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Dan wrote:It is true. I am currently too tired to find a source. Alcohol is surprisingly bad for you, even in small amounts. A lot of class A drugs are less physically harmful long term than alcohol, but their psychological impact is far greater. MDMA is safer than caffeine by deaths a year, yet caffeine is accepted and MDMA is not because of the psychological issues that MDMA can have.

Alcohol is certainly very dangerous - according to scientists, more dangerous than cannabis, LSD and MDMA, but where deaths from caffeine/MDMA are concerned, does that include when you compensate for the fact that masses more people consume caffeine than MDMA?
babooshka2002
Super Poster

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:27 pm

babooshka2002 wrote:
Dan wrote:It is true. I am currently too tired to find a source. Alcohol is surprisingly bad for you, even in small amounts. A lot of class A drugs are less physically harmful long term than alcohol, but their psychological impact is far greater. MDMA is safer than caffeine by deaths a year, yet caffeine is accepted and MDMA is not because of the psychological issues that MDMA can have.

Alcohol is certainly very dangerous - according to scientists, more dangerous than cannabis, LSD and MDMA, but where deaths from caffeine/MDMA are concerned, does that include when you compensate for the fact that masses more people consume caffeine than MDMA?

1.3% of the population took MDMA last year. Imagine that! 600,000 people admitted use of MDMA. If 600,000 people took a "recreational" dose of Caffeine once a year, it'd still likely cause more deaths. MDMA is a remarkably safe substance, tainted only by the legislation against it which encourages adulterating the product and lack of useful education.

Also, LSD and Cannabis have such high lethal doses that nobody has ever died directly from the effects, of COURSE alcohol is more dangerous. I can say with certainty that Caffeine is more dangerous than LSD and Cannabis. Even if people used them both daily, due to the fact that their effects are mostly psychological rather than physiological.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Alice wrote:
Dan wrote:Heroin has been proven to be less harmful than alcohol to your body in the long term however it is dangerous because of its illegality.

Where did you hear that?

Right, I have a bit more energy now. What I am implying is that Heroin is not chronically toxic. There are no major long-term effects from ingesting opiates of any kind, assuming it is orally. Alcohol can cause cirrhosis, neuropothy, DEADLY withdrawals (Opiates do not) and alcohol is almost as acutely toxic (ie, short-term overdose) as Heroin, remarkable.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to Debate Forum