Chief Drugs Adviser Sacking

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Chief Drugs Adviser Sacking

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:02 pm

Another fresh drug-related debate here.

I'll keep it short but basically the Chief Drugs Adviser was sacked yesterday because he claimed that LSD, Ecstasy and Cannabis are less physically harmful than Alcohol and Tobacco. He has also been mentioning that the reclassification of Cannabis to class B was political not scientific.

I happen to agree with him and I have yet to understand why Ketamine is class C and Cannabis is class B. I agree less strongly with his point about Ecstasy and LSD as although they're unlikely to kill you, they can impact your emotional state profoundly.

What is everyone elses views? (Remember the debate is about whether it is right that he was sacked or not, let's not go off-topic like we did on the homosexuality debate)
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Re: Chief Drugs Adviser Sacking

Postby druchi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:58 am

He was part of an independant body he should have told the Gov, to have a hot steamy cup of shut the feck up.

He shouldnt have been fired hes a freaking scientist expert on drugs the whole of their thingy is and now you can lose your job if you dont agree with our Govorment says alot about the Govorment =)
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Fortnox » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:44 pm

I've been reading that, it's interesting. Apparently he made a statement that Cannabis was raised from a class C to a class B on unscientific, exaggerated evidence. In other words, he told the truth. Well, hopefully this can have a positive effect, if it gets into the public eye.
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby madame_tigre » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:02 pm

I think it's ridiculous fot the Government to sack him just because he says something they do not want to hear. We need to listen to scientists, however conroversial their research is, as at the end of the day it's for our own benefits. I agree with him. I have friends who get stoned and it only makes them lazy but I've seen friends who get trashed and it can turn them into monsters.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby stamfordmax » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:13 pm

He got sacked for telling the truth and everyone knows it. Alan Johnson can claim all he wants that he was undermining the govt, but if saying something which the majoirty of sensible people already know is undermining than it doesn't say much about this govt does it?
Anyway, I agree,alcohol can be far more dangerous than cannabis. Ive taken both, and in my experience the effects are entirely different. When Ive been stoned, I just feel lazy, being totally drunk out of your head makes you almost fearless and prone to do and say stupid stuff, although I've always been aware of my limits. I think what this pathetic govt is afriad of is that society isn't ready to come to terms with the possibility of alcohol been tarred with the same brush as drugs. IMO both are safe in moderation
stamfordmax

Postby annemary100 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:56 pm

thanks for sharing it with us :)

Drug rehab
annemary100

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:59 pm

annemary100 wrote:thanks for sharing it with us :)

Drug rehab

Hey guys, ban this spambot please.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Fortnox » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:06 pm

If my bro gets back to me I might be going on a protest for Prof Nuts tommorow
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Fortnox wrote:If my bro gets back to me I might be going on a protest for Prof Nuts tommorow

I'd love to, but protests are futile unless you have enough people involved.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:12 pm

according to one of my health and social care teachers, what's he's saying is true. We were discussing what health campeigne to do, and she told us that the main reason the government don't ban alcohol was because the get so much tax from it.
if that's true, then the government sacked him because they get money for ignoring him.
I don't think he should have been sack.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Fortnox » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:34 am

Dan wrote:
Fortnox wrote:If my bro gets back to me I might be going on a protest for Prof Nuts tommorow

I'd love to, but protests are futile unless you have enough people involved.

I prefer to act on principle, rather than logistics. That is to say, even if it will achieve nothing, I will never eat Israeli goods, I will never buy McDonalds and I'll always stand up for what I know.
Fortnox
Forum Master

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:03 pm

chocolatefudgecake wrote:according to one of my health and social care teachers, what's he's saying is true. We were discussing what health campeigne to do, and she told us that the main reason the government don't ban alcohol was because the get so much tax from it.
if that's true, then the government sacked him because they get money for ignoring him.
I don't think he should have been sack.

Well, we did try to ban alcohol, but as you probably know, it was a horribly bad decision. The prohibition of marijuana and hemp in 1930 went relatively unnoticed.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby druchi » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:45 pm

America banned alcohol for a bit and it became more widely consumed :roll:

Worlds a funny place :D
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Return to Debate Forum