Ghosts! Oooooohhh.....

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Ghosts! Oooooohhh.....

Postby Remus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:39 pm

I thought after with all the recent events around here with the Homosexuality and Vegitarianism boards, there has been some bad blood between us so to try and light the mood, why don't we just simply do a debate which isn't taken into serious account and something that was can have some fun with.

The first thing that came into my head was ghosts which I think we had a topic on before but I couldn't find it so what do you think? Do you believe in the supernatural or is it just our imaginations going into overdrive? Does anybody have any spooky stories they would like to share? Any movies or books about ghosts that you to scare you senseless as a kid?

And oh my, I'm writing this when it's pitch black outside and I'm alone in the house! :shock:
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Ghosts! Oooooohhh.....

Postby k9ruby » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:56 pm

I would call myself a cynic.

However, watching paranormal activity gave me the creeps!
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:31 pm

I saw the trailer for that, it looked scary!

Personally when it comes to ghosts, I'm actually quite a believer but I've always been interested in the whole paranormal world. I blame too much watching A Haunting, that series is spooky!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Piers1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Remus, I believe you and I have a lot in common in regards to our interests in sci-fi and the supernatural! Yes, I am open to ghosts. Well probably less so than aliens, but My Nana has a HUGE bookcase collection on reincarnation and life after death etc. I think that I have inherited an interest in spirituality and sorts from her. She's told me how she saw a ghost the other day in fact... I've never seen one though. At least I don't think so...
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Awesome, a light hearted debate thread!

I personally don't believe in ghosts but they're interesting to ponder anyway. I think ghosts of the mind exist though.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:04 am

Piers I agree with you definitely on the supernatural, not so much sci-fi. I love things like Doctor Who and Torchwood but really spacey things like Star Trek and Star Wars, I've never really got. I love the supernatural though whether it be ghosts, werewolves, vampires, whatever, I'm interested in.

Well we certainly could do with something light hearted with all that has gone on lately. Too many dark clouds on here!

That's what I love about ghosts. Whether you believe or not, it's makes an interesting and fun topic. I mean, take Halloween, can you imagine that without ghosts? It wouldn't be the same.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:31 pm

i am also a big fan of sci fi but i dont fully believe in ghosts as some people see them i believe in spirits though
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Piers1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:53 pm

What shows, books, movies, artworks etc do you like James?
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby druchi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:39 pm

I think ghosts and spirits and such are just things we cant explain... yet.
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Return to Debate Forum