Psychoactive drug use and Dyspraxics

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Re: Psychoactive drug use and Dyspraxics

Postby babooshka2002 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Dan wrote:
babooshka2002 wrote:
Dan wrote:Remember this topic is about psychoactive drug use. I'm keen to hear of any other dyspraxic experiences of drugs. Be this Marijuana, MDMA, Cocaine, Codeine, etc.


I take codeine on a regular basis, but not for psychoactive use, it's for pain relief. I've had up to 120mg of it in a night before - 60mg when I go to bed and if I wake in pain I have another dose. It's with paracetamol, so I can't take more than that. I have had codeine prescribed by itself before (30mg tablets) and I found that it was far too tempting to take more than I should, because obviously when tolerance develops, the pain relief is less and it's so tempting to try more (what I actually have to do when tolerance develops is stop taking it for a number of weeks, which is fairly unpleasant because I have to try and compensate as far as possible by taking ibuprofen, which gives me stomach ulcers, woo yay). When it was just codeine, I took more than 10 in a night easily, once or twice. Serious waste though, because after about four at a time I didn't get any additional pain relief or sleepy drowsy chilled side-effects - what I did get was severe and uncontrollable itching, which led to me scratching a large amount of the skin on my shoulders off, since I had recently given up a lifetime of biting my nails and wasn't used to having miniature weapons on the ends of all my fingers... :P

Oh yeh, another enjoyable (sarcasm) side effect of codeine is the epic and extreme constipation (if I wasn't on laxatives as well, I would not be going to the toilet at all - I have been bunged up for a month before due to difficulty in remembering to take the laxative and ended up in hospital twice with severe bowel cramps due to this - it was so agonising that they insisted on checking that I wasn't pregnant and having contractions). I wouldn't really recommend it unless you have to take it, even though the other side-effects can be pleasant.


Haha. I've used Codeine recreationally. You can't have more than 400mg of Codeine at a time due to the fact there's a dosage threshold which means your body cannot metabolize that much so it gets wasted. I've taken 120mg and it definitely gets me "buzzed". I normally do it if I have a headache and I fancy a bit of fun. It's interesting but it loses its magic after the first few times. It's a little psychadelic, once when I took far too much Dihydrocodeine, I had bizarre dreams that were sorta semi-sleep and kinda interesting but I do not understand how people find this effect addictive, I guess it's for the same reason people find alcohol's effects addictive which baffles me. Not to say I don't find some effects addictive, I find Xanax's effects to be nice, because it rids me of anxiety, but I know their withdrawal is the worst in the world so I never use them more than once in a 3-day period.

Well, it's interesting to know you've used them anyway. By the way, you can get rid of the paracetamol from normal codeines using a technique called Cold Water Extraction, people buy 30 8/500 pills, CWE them then drink the water. Paracetamol is denser than Codeine at low temp so it sinks to the bottom and then the drink is almost 100% Codeine, it's quite interesting but not recommended.

I've used quite a lot of things and cumulatively they've probably made me a more well-rounded person, they've shown me my share of addiction, hedonism, sadness and regrettably, a little psychosis. I probably wouldn't change a thing about my use but I understand on a dyspraxic forum people may look down on me for this. This makes me feel sad but I've always had "obsessions" in my life, be this titanic, astronomy, programming. Right now it's psychoactive drug use and I do it for the academic side as much as for the hedonistic side.

But yeah, 120mg of Codeine is a dose where I'd feel quite good, must have been nice being prescribed 'em. ;)

Regarding MDMA and LSD. These are both very safe drugs. LSD is perhaps physically impeccable as regards to long-term effects. LSD is also shown to be incredibly effective as a cluster headache cure, and for the record, no medication has competed, it's speculated it is due to 5HT2C agonism that this effect occurs, but nobody knows for sure. MDMA is great for opening up to people but it's still a highly abusable drug. It should NOT be class A, I believe it should be class C, and marijuana should be legal. I also believe Methamphetamine should be class A, not class B. The government have very skewed drug policies. Makes me angry.


:)

I knew about cold water extraction, but I'm very very cautious about drugs and alcohol. Both my dad and my dad's mother were alcoholics at some time, so I am very aware of that and I don't want to risk addiction to anything, which is why I asked my doctor for the codeine with paracetamol rather than just the codeine. I can be impulsive at times but I think the fact that it's with codeine would prevent me from doing anything stupid. I don't think of illegal drugs as all bad, I just don't trust myself with them and have never taken them.

My tablets are 30/500 - I'm told I can have up to 8 of them in a 24 hour period, but I almost never go above 4 and generally only take them at night, becase if I take them in the day I'm pretty much non-functional and my concentration is screwed. At night though, this side-effect is helpful. Also, during the day I can ignore pain if I'm doing something to distract myself from it (unless it's really severe) but at night there is nothing tio distract me.

Unfortunately the fact that I'm in pain before taking it rather takes the fun out of it. :P I suppose the reason it's addictive could be due to habit rather than enjoying it, and too many painkillers can cause headaches, which can lead a person to take more painkillers. Also, although I'm sure this effect is a lot more pronoounced with things like heroin, the codeine does cause me to feel very warm and cosy. I can understand people liking that and wanting more of it.

I agree that LSD is very safe, but MDMA bothers me a lot because of the really vicious depression hangover that I've seen in friends of mine, and read about. I also agree that Methamphetamine is thoroughly evil and I really don't understand why it's not Class A.

A friend of mine also believes that his drug use has made him a better person and given him immense appreciation for things like nature, which he never saw before, not in the way he does now after taking the drugs. He's tried all sorts - his perspective is pretty similar to yours, he approaches it from a very educational point of view, researches things before taking them and makes sure he's in a healthy environment before doing so, rather than just going, "hurr, I wanna get trashed".

I wonder if we - people with specific learning difficulties - already see the world in that way, sometimes? I do find that I notice things that neurotypical people do not - they just rush around in their daily business and would never even think of studying the beauty in a single leaf of a tree. They'd consider that to be weird.

What bothers me about the government is that they are not interested in educating people about drugs. They just want people not to take them and will say anything to achieve that objective. So, there is an awful lot of information out there that is wrong or incomplete - the result of which is that when people do take drugs they haven't a clue what they are doing and are more likely to hurt themselves. Any good advice that is out there is dismissed because it's in with a lot of rubbish and people don't take it seriously because they know the government doesn't tell the truth. Lots of people take drugs, so anyone who knows a friend who's taken cannabis (for example) knows that it doesn't turn a person into a raging lunatic/a werewolf/an alien, so any good advice is disregarded because of that false assertion.

Having said all this, I am not convinced about any drugs being made legal - we British are stupid. Really really stupid. I don't mean you or me, but the British population in general seems to be quite thick. It's considered to be a normal social activity to go out and get pissed as a newt, fall out of clubs, urinate in the street, throw some punches, spend the night hugging the toilet and declare the next day to all and sundry that it must have been a great night because they can't remember it. This is crazy behaviour. It makes people ill and they still do it. Throw other drugs into that melting pot - no thanks. Hospital A&E departments are swamped as it is because of this stupidity. Everyone knows that mixing your drinks is a great way to be ill and people still do it. Everyone knows drinking to excess does all sorts of horrible things to you and they still do it. If some other drugs were legalised I would not trust the average British idiot to follow the advice about what to take and what not to take.

Then again, it's not at all fair to punish the sensible British person for the idiocy of others, so I don't really have an answer - I can argue it from both sides.
babooshka2002
Super Poster
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:00 am
Location: England. Earth, The Universe

Re: Psychoactive drug use and Dyspraxics

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Regarding MDMA and LSD. These are both very safe drugs.


But apparently SSRIs aren't? I give up.
Image
User avatar
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !
 
Posts: 5688
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:37 am
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, England

Re: Psychoactive drug use and Dyspraxics

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Thirteen-thirty-seven wrote:
Regarding MDMA and LSD. These are both very safe drugs.


But apparently SSRIs aren't? I give up.


SSRIs are a drug you take every day. MDMA is something you should not take more than once a month. So yes, SSRIs are more harmful than MDMA in my opinion.

SSRIs are not dangerous anyway. I don't recount saying they were. They're neurotoxic and cause dependance. This is the same reasons people use to classify MDMA as class A. Why are SSRIs not class A? Oh yeah, it's because they don't get you "high".

I don't have anything against SSRIs if they help people. But I hate how people argue that MDMA, LSD, Mescaline etc. are "horrible, deadly" etc. There's a demand for these drugs and the prohibition of MDMA caused Mephedrone (implicated in many health problems that MDMA could NEVER cause), Methylone, Butylone. The prohibition of LSD bought about "BromoDragonFLY" which killed 5 people in the space of a few weeks due to the extreme potency. LSD on the other hand has never killed anybody by overdose.

To conclude, 1337, SSRIs are probably similarly harmful physically and neurologically to MDMA if taken at a rate of once a day to once a fortnight respectively. I'm not arguing that SSRIs are dangerous, I'm arguing that MDMA is not that dangerous, and that prohibition just causes mimics to come out that have absolutely no research and no quality control.

I hope I have not offended you. That is not my intention.
Last edited by Dan on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: UK, England, Watford

Re: Psychoactive drug use and Dyspraxics

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:16 pm

babooshka2002 wrote:
:)

I knew about cold water extraction, but I'm very very cautious about drugs and alcohol. Both my dad and my dad's mother were alcoholics at some time, so I am very aware of that and I don't want to risk addiction to anything, which is why I asked my doctor for the codeine with paracetamol rather than just the codeine. I can be impulsive at times but I think the fact that it's with codeine would prevent me from doing anything stupid. I don't think of illegal drugs as all bad, I just don't trust myself with them and have never taken them.



My tablets are 30/500 - I'm told I can have up to 8 of them in a 24 hour period, but I almost never go above 4 and generally only take them at night, becase if I take them in the day I'm pretty much non-functional and my concentration is screwed. At night though, this side-effect is helpful. Also, during the day I can ignore pain if I'm doing something to distract myself from it (unless it's really severe) but at night there is nothing tio distract me.



Good to hear. Yeah, my mum is quite dependant on alcohol (I wouldn't say addicted) and it puts me off it. I don't really enjoy the effects either.

babooshka2002 wrote:
I agree that LSD is very safe, but MDMA bothers me a lot because of the really vicious depression hangover that I've seen in friends of mine, and read about. I also agree that Methamphetamine is thoroughly evil and I really don't understand why it's not Class A.



Don't get me wrong. MDMA has negative effects. I'm hardly some drug-zealot desperate to dispel ANY negatives from drugs (not implying that you think I do this). MDMA definitely makes people depressed over the next few days. I think they call it "depressive Monday" or something, implying two days after dropping MDMA, people feel a huge sense of loss. I've tried MDMA analogues and I can attest to this.

MDMA has ups and downs. My argument is not that everyone should take MDMA. Not at all. In an ideal world, nobody would ever need to take recreational drugs but we're not in an ideal world. People will take drugs despite being criminalized for it, so why don't we educate? Regulate MDMA perhaps, similarly to alcohol. Yes, this could be an extremely rash thing to try but I honestly believe it could work tremendously at reducing cocaine and amphetamine use which contribute to more deaths each year than MDMA ever has. (or at least since records have started).

babooshka2002 wrote:
A friend of mine also believes that his drug use has made him a better person and given him immense appreciation for things like nature, which he never saw before, not in the way he does now after taking the drugs. He's tried all sorts - his perspective is pretty similar to yours, he approaches it from a very educational point of view, researches things before taking them and makes sure he's in a healthy environment before doing so, rather than just going, "hurr, I wanna get trashed".

I wonder if we - people with specific learning difficulties - already see the world in that way, sometimes? I do find that I notice things that neurotypical people do not - they just rush around in their daily business and would never even think of studying the beauty in a single leaf of a tree. They'd consider that to be weird.



Yeah, I find it attunes me to nature more but I always had an attunement to beauty. Or at least I've always felt this way. I feel "connected" emotionally to things that some people would find bizarre. I stare at a cloud and see an awe-inspiring system of precipitation, evaporation etc., others see "oh, it's going to rain".

babooshka2002 wrote:
What bothers me about the government is that they are not interested in educating people about drugs. They just want people not to take them and will say anything to achieve that objective. So, there is an awful lot of information out there that is wrong or incomplete - the result of which is that when people do take drugs they haven't a clue what they are doing and are more likely to hurt themselves. Any good advice that is out there is dismissed because it's in with a lot of rubbish and people don't take it seriously because they know the government doesn't tell the truth. Lots of people take drugs, so anyone who knows a friend who's taken cannabis (for example) knows that it doesn't turn a person into a raging lunatic/a werewolf/an alien, so any good advice is disregarded because of that false assertion.



I agree, at least we're better than America but it is quite hilarious how far they go to persuade us that Cannabis is terrible sometimes. The more I've seen people use it the more I realise how much I've been betrayed, yes, betrayed, by our government and the education system as far as advice and information goes.

Sure, I'm not going to try and argue that Cannabis is a perfect drug but it really cannot be argued that it's unique in it's ability to give an incredibly potent effect, with no physical addiction, and a rather slow tolerance increase. It's also got an astronomical lethal dose which has never been reached in history (in laymans terms, if you wanted to kill yourself with Cannabis, you'd have to eat it until your stomach explodes!)

babooshka2002 wrote:
Having said all this, I am not convinced about any drugs being made legal - we British are stupid. Really really stupid. I don't mean you or me, but the British population in general seems to be quite thick. It's considered to be a normal social activity to go out and get pissed as a newt, fall out of clubs, urinate in the street, throw some punches, spend the night hugging the toilet and declare the next day to all and sundry that it must have been a great night because they can't remember it. This is crazy behaviour. It makes people ill and they still do it. Throw other drugs into that melting pot - no thanks. Hospital A&E departments are swamped as it is because of this stupidity. Everyone knows that mixing your drinks is a great way to be ill and people still do it. Everyone knows drinking to excess does all sorts of horrible things to you and they still do it. If some other drugs were legalised I would not trust the average British idiot to follow the advice about what to take and what not to take.

Then again, it's not at all fair to punish the sensible British person for the idiocy of others, so I don't really have an answer - I can argue it from both sides.


Well, I see your points it's just that Portugal have been very successful in decriminalizing (I agree this is different to legalization) small amounts of Cannabis, Heroin, LSD, MDMA etc. effectively making people immune to prosecution. As a result, deaths from overdoses have reduced dramatically and people seeking treatment has increased dramatically (may sound bad, but it's actually GOOD, it represents the fact that people feel safe going to seek help).

Thanks for the post Babooshka :)
Image
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: UK, England, Watford

Re: Psychoactive drug use and Dyspraxics

Postby parnassus » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Dan wrote:SSRIs are a drug you take every day. MDMA is something you should not take more than once a month. So yes, SSRIs are more harmful than MDMA in my opinion.


I take a multivitamin pill every day. This does not mean that multivitamins are more harmful than MDMA. The frequency with which you take something does not necessarily have any bearing on how dangerous it is.

SSRIs are not dangerous anyway. I don't recount saying they were. They're neurotoxic and cause dependance. This is the same reasons people use to classify MDMA as class A. Why are SSRIs not class A? Oh yeah, it's because they don't get you "high".


SSRIs do not cause dependence in the vast majority of people. I mentioned this before, linking to the NHS factsheet that provided this information. You have said that you don't trust GPs to prescribe drugs properly, so perhaps you don't consider the NHS a reliable source of information, but personally I'm going to take the word of people who have years of specialist training in biochemistry and experience in conducting clinical research over the word of somebody who may have a strong interest in the subject, but whose knowledge is anecdotal. Some people do have bad reactions to certain drugs. That goes for all drugs, from psychotropics to penicillin. But doctors can generally be trusted to pinpoint when there is an allergy or dependency issue and adjust their prescriptions accordingly. They have the training for that. None of us here do.

You said in an earlier post that you think people might look down on you for your views on drugs. I certainly don't look down on you for believing in the liberalisation of drug laws, and I'm often interested to read what you say. My own views on cannabis have changed quite a lot because of your posts - you've made some good and persuasive points here. But I take serious issue with anybody who makes erroneous statements about prescription medications, statements that have the power to cause damage to any unsure and frightened person who might be reading. Esther was not exaggerating when she said in the other thread that misinformation about psychiatric drugs on the Internet nearly killed her. I remember that painfully well. I am someone who almost lost one of the closest friends I ever had to this kind of misinformation. Well-intentioned misinformation, but misinformation nonetheless.

I don't want to derail this thread any further. Feel free to talk about your personal experience of drug use and your views of liberalisation all you like. But please, please stop making these statements about prescription medications. "SSRIS can KILL you." "Prozac is the ultimate worst." "SSRIs are neurotoxic." You don't know who is reading what you write, or what they might be inspired to do because of these untrue remarks.

If there are any more posts from anyone that go contrary to available NHS information on prescription medication, suggest that a poster should stop/start taking a particular drug, or generally fall outside the scope of our competence, it will be removed for safety reasons.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5883
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:10 pm
Location: Over here

Re: Psychoactive drug use and Dyspraxics

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:52 pm

parnassus wrote:
I take a multivitamin pill every day. This does not mean that multivitamins are more harmful than MDMA. The frequency with which you take something does not necessarily have any bearing on how dangerous it is.



I should have been more clear about what I meant. I'm implying that although one SSRI pill is not very potent, the fact that they are used daily means their toxicity, however minor, is amplified to roughly a level of some Serotonin releasers such as MDMA. There's very little research on SSRI toxicity because they've not been around long enough. MDMA has been around for a long while now and there was no significant neurotoxicity in even "heavy" users. Although it has occured.

Reuptake inhibition is less toxic than release but it's still slightly neurotoxic (please don't let this word scare you, it's just the terminology) and it downregulates 5-HT receptors which causes the withdrawal that you claim not to exist.

parnassus wrote:
SSRIs do not cause dependence in the vast majority of people. I mentioned this before, linking to the NHS factsheet that provided this information. You have said that you don't trust GPs to prescribe drugs properly, so perhaps you don't consider the NHS a reliable source of information, but personally I'm going to take the word of people who have years of specialist training in biochemistry and experience in conducting clinical research over the word of somebody who may have a strong interest in the subject, but whose knowledge is anecdotal. Some people do have bad reactions to certain drugs. That goes for all drugs, from psychotropics to penicillin. But doctors can generally be trusted to pinpoint when there is an allergy or dependency issue and adjust their prescriptions accordingly. They have the training for that. None of us here do.

You said in an earlier post that you think people might look down on you for your views on drugs. I certainly don't look down on you for believing in the liberalisation of drug laws, and I'm often interested to read what you say. My own views on cannabis have changed quite a lot because of your posts - you've made some good and persuasive points here. But I take serious issue with anybody who makes erroneous statements about prescription medications, statements that have the power to cause damage to any unsure and frightened person who might be reading. Esther was not exaggerating when she said in the other thread that misinformation about psychiatric drugs on the Internet nearly killed her. I remember that painfully well. I am someone who almost lost one of the closest friends I ever had to this kind of misinformation. Well-intentioned misinformation, but misinformation nonetheless.

I don't want to derail this thread any further. Feel free to talk about your personal experience of drug use and your views of liberalisation all you like. But please, please stop making these statements about prescription medications. "SSRIS can KILL you." "Prozac is the ultimate worst." "SSRIs are neurotoxic." You don't know who is reading what you write, or what they might be inspired to do because of these untrue remarks.

If there are any more posts from anyone that go contrary to available NHS information on prescription medication, suggest that a poster should stop/start taking a particular drug, or generally fall outside the scope of our competence, it will be removed for safety reasons.


When have I said SSRIs can kill people? It saddens me to read you think I am endangering lives by just warning people that SSRIs are not always the best solution. The intention of this thread wasn't to discuss SSRIs. It was not me who brought it up. SSRIs ARE almost certainly neurotoxic, any drug that affects release and reuptake of neurotransmitters is at least a little neurotoxic but unfortunately there's not enough research in the area to be sure to what extent. SSRIs are not so bad at all. I'm not trying to say SSRIs are dangerous, I'm using them as a comparison to argue my point that LSD, MDMA etc. have similar mechanisms to safe prescription drugs such as SSRIs.

I'm glad to hear I've moved your views a little bit on cannabis, it's always nice to hear that my posting about it is appreciated by a few.

RE doctors prescribing medication:
It's not that I don't believe they have the education necessary to do it. But my mum and my friend's mum could well have died from medication prescribed by two different doctors. This almost brought me to tears. ME of all people had to tell my mum about the risk of mixing zolmitriptan and tramadol.

My friend's mum was prescribed DHC, Zolpicone and Valium by separate doctors. This could easily cause fatal CNS depression. I really think people should question doctors a little more. Not in an aggressive manner. But if you pay for a service, you should have a right to question their prescriptions.

If you want to delete this bit then so be it. But I don't think I'll be coming back to DT if you do, as I always thought this was a censorship-free forum:

SSRIs cause a tolerance increase after use due to a downregulation of 5-HT production(Serotonin, aka the mood-management neurotransmitter). Downregulation of Serotonin means that eventually dosage would need to be increased for a user to see any benefit due to the fact that the brain has compensated naturally to the change. Downregulation of 5-HT production will just keep continuing to increase proportionately to dosage. If somebody uses an SSRI for a year and then stops, there will be withdrawal symptoms. They can be minor, they can be quite severe, it depends on the dosage used.

I really do have to disagree fundamentally. SSRIs do cause withdrawal. This should not scare people away from using them if they believe they will be beneficial. But I feel really upset that you think having facts about a drug somebody is going to take is endangering their life.

I've not once claimed to be an expert, I've felt as though what I say is advice, not gospel. I'm obviously not an expert. I'm an enthusiast.
Last edited by Dan on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: UK, England, Watford

Re: Psychoactive drug use and Dyspraxics

Postby babooshka2002 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:06 pm

I'm going to back Dan up here in the sense that when I was on 20mg citalopram tablets, I was strongly warned by the doctor that if I was to come off them, I would need to do so slowly and gradually, downgrading the dose to 15 or 10 first, rather than coming straight off them. Also, when they put me on them I had 10mg first and then went up to 20, to avoid bad effects. So, they don't cause dependence in the sense of addiction necessarily, but once you are on them your brain is significantly affected to the point that you can't just come off them straight away, or you are not supposed to anyway. This is a good thing - if they didn't do anything then they would not be useful at all!

SSRIs are a great thing, for many people they are literally a life-saver. But all medication is toxic, just like paracetamol is. Doesn't mean you should be afraid to take them and NOBODY who has been prescribed antidepressants or any other medication should EVER come off them based on something they read on a forum. By all means if something they read on a forum disturbs them, then have a word with their doctor about it - I find that the docs I've seen are always willing to discuss things and provide reassurance if I need it. :)
babooshka2002
Super Poster
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:00 am
Location: England. Earth, The Universe

Re: Psychoactive drug use and Dyspraxics

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:12 pm

babooshka2002 wrote:I'm going to back Dan up here in the sense that when I was on 20mg citalopram tablets, I was strongly warned by the doctor that if I was to come off them, I would need to do so slowly and gradually, downgrading the dose to 15 or 10 first, rather than coming straight off them. Also, when they put me on them I had 10mg first and then went up to 20, to avoid bad effects. So, they don't cause dependence in the sense of addiction necessarily, but once you are on them your brain is significantly affected to the point that you can't just come off them straight away, or you are not supposed to anyway. This is a good thing - if they didn't do anything then they would not be useful at all!

SSRIs are a great thing, for many people they are literally a life-saver. But all medication is toxic, just like paracetamol is. Doesn't mean you should be afraid to take them and NOBODY who has been prescribed antidepressants or any other medication should EVER come off them based on something they read on a forum. By all means if something they read on a forum disturbs them, then have a word with their doctor about it - I find that the docs I've seen are always willing to discuss things and provide reassurance if I need it. :)


Thank you. :)

I don't want anybody to come off a medication because of what I say.

Anyway, I'd say this topic is all but exhausted me now. I'm quite upset by what Vicky said and don't really want to continue posting in this one. But hey, continue it on if anybody else has any experiences, I'm still interested in them.
Image
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: UK, England, Watford

Previous

Return to Debate Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron