Gay Marraige / Civil Partnerships

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Gay Marraige / Civil Partnerships

Postby Brian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:01 am

What do people think of Gay Marraige / Civil Patnerships. Do you support them or oppose them.

NOTE: This is about partnerships, co-habitation and if people want to bring up adoption that is fine by me. ANYTHING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY AND WHETHER IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG; GOES INTO THE HOMOSEXUALITY THREAD BELOW
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Re: Gay Marraige / Civil Partnerships

Postby JamesStanley » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:59 am

I think its right and it should be allowed in church i dont see what the problem is after all didnt god say that everyone should be treated equally i dont know whats so different about gay marriage and straight marriage i think it should be treated in the same way.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby wadey » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:50 pm

i think it right.....we all indviuals and we all have different taste, we shouldnt judge people for this. it up to them!!
wadey
Site Admin

Postby bpcooper » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Support.
2 people who want to spend their lives together should be able to regardless of gender of either person
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby Dizzy D » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:04 am

I think it's al-right. My big sisters best friend is like a brother to me and he is gay. And my sister infact is going out with a girl, there sooooo sweet together :)
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby 07williamsdj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:17 pm

I agree with bpcooper
07williamsdj

Postby Remus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:43 pm

I completely 100% support Civil Partnerships. Male/Male or Female/Female, whatever, as long as those individuals are in love and want to spend their lives together, then why not.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:11 pm

I also 100% support it. There is a gay middle aged couple on my estate who have been together for 20 years and are a lot more committed to each other than most heterosexual couples. They should be afforded the same rights.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby DystantMind » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:07 pm

There's no logical reason why two people of the same gender can't be together. Who is anyone to say that they can't? Its there lives, you can't tell them what they can or can't do.

People say its unatural, but it is nature that made them that way. Homosexuality isn't a choice, as the ignorant are led to believe. Your sexuality is as much a part of you as your skin colour and gender. There is so much difficulty, prejudice and hate that comes with being a homosexual, so why would anyone CHOOSE this lifestyle.

As we're on this topic, what do we think of the news story about the Christian b&b owners who were fined for turning away a gay couple? Personally, I am in complete support of the couple. I understand that we must accept other peoples' faiths, but the compulsion of homosexuality should always come before someone's beliefs, as you should never discriminate over something that cannot be helped.

Also, gay adoption? Right or wrong? I was against the idea at first but I'm beginning to come around.
DystantMind
DystantMind
Advanced Member

Postby JamesStanley » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:17 pm

I 100% approve of Gay Adoption there was an article on one of the newspaper websites that i saw on google news earlier to try to encourage more gay couples to adopt. I think more people should adopt with all the people currently in the world and all the children that don't have families people people should adopt rather than bring new children into the world when it comes to me having kids i want to adopt.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:30 pm

I think that people should be able to adopt children if they are suitable, it doesn't matter about their sexuality or their relationship they are in.
07williamsdj

Postby MinogueLover » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Support 10000%!!! Love is love, and in the end, that's the whole point of a marriage, because two people love each other. I support gay right so much because it's unfair how homosexual students get picked on so much. I'm not gay but I really do think that they should deserve more rights.
I was browsing the web, when I found this:

'Want to marry your cousin in America? 23 states will let you do this, 4 of them under special circumstances
But want to marry your homosexual partner? Only 5 states will let you marry.'

I think this is completely sickening. We live in 2011, not the 1800s!!
MinogueLover

Return to Debate Forum