After Death/reincarnation

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

After Death/reincarnation

Postby Dizzy D » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 am

Just wandering what people think happens after death? Personally I'm a strong believer in reincarnation
Reincarnation is the belief that when one dies, one's body decomposes but something of oneself is reborn in another body. It is the belief that one has lived before and will live again in another body after death. The bodies one passes in and out of need not be human.

What do you think...
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Re: After Death/reincarnation

Postby Remus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Reincarnation I think is a pretty cool idea but personally I don't think I would want to restart all over again but then again, I wouldn't know about it.

I like to believe in the whole heaven/hell concept. I just hope there is more after death, I think it would be tragic if there wasn't.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby wadey » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 pm

i believe that nothing happens
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Dizzy D » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:38 pm

i believe that nothing happens

fair enough if that's your view but personally I literately couldn't believe that. It would unsettle me to much. I find comfort in reincarnation, it helps me if close ones die because I can think that they are now living again as something else. but again, that's just me
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby 07williamsdj » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:23 pm

I am a strong believer of reincarnation as it is one of beliefs of the religion I practice. Also I think the idea of past lives interesting.
07williamsdj

Postby Steph » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:46 pm

My family always joke about how we reckon one of our cats is a human who has been reincarnated as he has so many characteristics that are like the stereotypical office bully-pushing our other cats out of the way, dictating where they can and cannot sleep and stealing their food. I personally would hate to be reincarnated but I do believe in Heaven-I find it a great comfort to think that my nan is still looking down on me and seeing what I am up to as I would hate to think that she never knew what happened to me after she passed away.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby haemopath_bro » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:19 am

i believe in reincarnation. some say that we were all reincarnations of animals and even in this life we take on characteristics of certain animals. all those who know me well say i'm quite the kitsune (japanese red fox, often pictured with multiple tails)
marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu boku hetalia
haemopath_bro
Mega Poster

Postby Dizzy D » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:07 pm

all those who know me well say i'm quite the kitsune (japanese red fox, often pictured with multiple tails)

I know how you mean, people who know me often say how very cat like I am
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby billy15uk » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:07 pm

whats reincarnation??
Visit my voting website http://www.pollsfun.com.

You on vote on Fun Polls about entertainment/music/sports and lots more.
And you can make new friends around the world and talk about anything in our chat room.

We have over 100 Fun Polls to vote.
billy15uk
Forum Master

Postby Alice » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:48 pm

I beleive that my mind will die with my brain, but my soul will continue after death in a state which I can only hope to guess at and aproximate but cannot fully comprehend as I curently am. I am also fairly sure that during my life I should do something to alter what this state would be, but I am not sure exactly what. It's hard to explain. I guess you could say I beleive in heaven and hell, but I find it hard to think of them so much as places.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby lycanfist » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:24 am

My religion makes me believe in the whole heaven/hell concept, but it would be quite annoying if didn't happen, because I've given up so many things, most of all my freedom (not being able to go out after sunset)
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Postby Alice » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Go out after sunset?

I didn't know any religion had rules about that. What faith are you?
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby _robyn_ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 am

I believe in heaven. It is a good thought to have that after death there is just peace.

After death for there to be nothing is a really scary thought.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby kitty123 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 pm

i belive in heaven and hell but heaven is simly a place with god and hell is were there is no god not all fire or angels
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Postby Liz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:17 pm

_robyn_ wrote:I believe in heaven. It is a good thought to have that after death there is just peace.

After death for there to be nothing is a really scary thought.

That's interesting because I thought of the whole heaven/hell-issue the other way around -- after death there'll be nothing which is a comforting relief.

I'd like to believe in going to heaven after I've died but I can't. I'm not religious and I dislike the whole idea of the Catholic belief that souls undergo some kind of judgement whether there'll be either in paradise or in hell. So believing in the idea of heaven just to be less scared of dying feels sort of fraudulent since I don't believe in religion at all. (does that make any sense :?: )
Liz
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Debate Forum