Paranormal Creatures

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Which one is the scariest?

Vampire
No votes
Werewolf
No votes
Demon
44%
Zombie
33%
Ghost
22%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 9

Paranormal Creatures

Postby Remus » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 am

Out of all the paranormal creatures in fiction e.g. vampire, welewolves, zombies, mummies, ghosts, spirits, demons and any others you can think of, which one scares you the most?

For me, it's zombies. I don't really know why but they just really freak me out! I so hope there is never a zombie apocalypse because I would be a goner! I like the traditional concept of the zombie, slow and moaning for brains as they don't seem much of a threat but modern day zombies being super fast and sensing where people are, that really terrifies me!
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Paranormal Creatures

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:19 pm

For me, it's demons. Ever since I watched The Exorcist in A Level Media Studies and got to the part where the demon enters the girl's body and her voice changes into a man's voice, they've just freaked me out!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby galexy96 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:49 pm

For me, It's Ghosts, maybe because you can't see them and they could be anywhere and you wouldnt know it.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby lycanfist » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm a huge fan of werewolves, hence my user name, but I find demons really terrifing, the whole concept of being possesed, and them changing their form to suit your fear, and a million other things, I'd say they're the worst :evil:
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Postby 07williamsdj » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:16 pm

zombies as the idea of loosing my mind is scary
07williamsdj

Postby Remus » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Being possessed doesn't bother me, it what the demons would do in my body which would concern me. Like in Supernatural, when a person is possessed, the demons do some right evil and horrible things and all that time, the person is actually aware of what is happening but is powerless to stop it.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Zombies аs dead bodies terrify ме :( to tне extent I refused to eat meat for many years.
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Postby _robyn_ » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:28 am

The exorcist didn't scare me, unfortunately it made me laugh mainly because my sister was laughing and then she snorted. AT that was near the very beginning after she read a funny text so then we just couldn't stop laughing for pretty much the whole film :D

Twilight kinda stopped vampires being scary. and werewolves.

It was close between zombies and ghosts. BUT atleast I can see zombies.

Also I watched the ring recently- so ghosts win. I also watched the grudge as well...

Although you forgot the scariest paranormal thing of all- cartoon bunnies.

watership down has scarred me for life! It should not be a U?!?! I would think 10 times before showing it to a 15 yr old let alone a 5 yr old!!, it is terrifying! I still have nightmares about the bit when the rabbt says "The field is turning red" and then the field turns red and the creepy music! I have only watched it once when I was 4 and I still remember it- it was definitely scary...
The bunny in it was paranormal because it could predict the future...or it was just crazy.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby JamesStanley » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 pm

I had to go with Demons as Ghosts can only float through you, and I've never been scared of Vampires and Zombies. Werewolves are a bit scarier but they are only out on a full moon but zombies can come in all kinds of creepy forms for example some of the ones from the demonata series sound gross
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:01 pm

_robyn_ wrote: Although you forgot the scariest paranormal thing of all- cartoon bunnies.

watership down has scarred me for life! It should not be a U?!?! I would think 10 times before showing it to a 15 yr old let alone a 5 yr old!!, it is terrifying! I still have nightmares about the bit when the rabbt says "The field is turning red" and then the field turns red and the creepy music! I have only watched it once when I was 4 and I still remember it- it was definitely scary...
The bunny in it was paranormal because it could predict the future...or it was just crazy.

I watched the Mummy on the plane quite shortly after it came out (it'd left cinema's I assume since they had it on the plane I know it was quite new still). I must have been about 8 at the time, and I was a very nervous child.

I watched it recently and it wasn't scary at all, but I remember it being terrified by the beetles.

Mabye if you rewatched it you wouldn't find it so scary.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:17 pm

I can agree on that Alice, that film freaked me out the first time I saw. I like the whole egypt theme but I have to admit, those types of things do creep me out. I remember when I was young I used to have a nightmare about being sealed and trapped in this pyramid.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby _robyn_ » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:03 am

Alice wrote:I watched the Mummy on the plane quite shortly after it came out (it'd left cinema's I assume since they had it on the plane I know it was quite new still). I must have been about 8 at the time, and I was a very nervous child.

I watched it recently and it wasn't scary at all, but I remember it being terrified by the beetles.

Mabye if you rewatched it you wouldn't find it so scary.

Maybe, I re watched the trailer and the bunny still creeps me out like mad.

I made up my mind about zombies- I'm not that scared. I could out run a zombie with a brisk walk....
The only time a zombie thing has scared me was in dawn of the dead because those zombies could run!
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Return to Debate Forum