Uncontrollable Speech Volumn

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Uncontrollable Speech Volumn

Postby Rodge1991 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:01 pm

For a very long time (And still now) on occation I find that I cannot control the volumn in my voice-most of the time I seem to shout out my sentence, I don't actually know I've actually literally shouted unless someone tells me. On rarer occations it goes very quiet (It happened during a Maths lesson once, I said my answer and people were looking at me strangly-and then the teacher said "lost your voice did we?" I didn't know I had whispered it! Very embarrassing :oops:)
I decided to go digging around the old internet and found that this is indeed linked to Dyspraxia-but does anyone here have the same problem and what do you do to control it?
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Re: Uncontrollable Speech Volumn

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:45 pm

I think I occasionally have this problem. I sometimes find I suddenly say things very loudly/in the library with friends when I was a college I would talk too loudly without realising it. On the whispering, I only unconsciously do that if others are have lost their voice and are whispering, even thought there's no need for me to whisper.

I didn't know that was linked to Dyspraxia.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:32 am

My family and friends always joke that I was born with no volume control! I get told I shout all the time!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Rodge1991 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:17 pm

When my parents kept telling me on a daily basis that my voice gets too loud, I knew it was something-they thought I was deaf or something!
But seeing as dyspraxia is linked to speech I decided to look it up-and found it was linked.

My parents still have a go at me for it and they say I CAN control it, but I can't!
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Return to Debate Forum