what do you think of scientology?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Re: what do you think of scientology?

Postby nathanw-j » Sun May 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Rodge1991 wrote:what harm could that bring?

*coughs* radical religious people doing terrorism and turning up at funerals to say gays are a disgrace - that hapenes in america ( the funeral thing that is, terrorists happen everywhere) *coughs

oh not much
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan D Lyons » Wed May 22, 2013 11:02 am

You would find that the Westboruogh Baptist Church turns up to funerals and be vile. They irritate me so much.
07williamsdj Nov 15, 2010 - Jul 11, 2012
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Postby nathanw-j » Wed May 22, 2013 12:29 pm

3 things

1) i didn't know it happened in the uk, that is disgraceful
2) http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=70039
3) http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=4823
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan D Lyons » Wed May 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Westboruogh haven't been reported to do it in the UK but there are still people who are bad about "different" sexualities. I have experienced it myself. However, I doubt that they are scientologists :P . I don't think I know any of them :? . And not all religious people are bad about it, I know someone who is a christian and is lovely about my sexuality. Its not good to generalise.
07williamsdj Nov 15, 2010 - Jul 11, 2012
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Postby nathanw-j » Wed May 22, 2013 2:13 pm

they were going to, BUT THEN THEY GOT STOPPED !!!!!!! HAHAHAHA :lol:

and if you don't know who they are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

i know that some churches don't hate gays but quite a few do and that is wrong
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Rodge1991 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Without trying to push too much anger here, my real opinion is this:

The top leaders of religion have power,
they use this power to get what they want-some force certain beliefs while others make them kill the non-believers (a true fact is from the crusades, knights sent by 'God' to kill anyone who didn't believe

So certain people are brainwashed to kill and die for this belief because they think it will secure a place in Heaven or their version of an after-life

As far as I am concerned if they don't enforce their belief onto anyone else...or make illogical decisions (put the health of a child in the hands of God for example and REFUSING medical care) then that;s fine...
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Dan D Lyons wrote:You would find that the Westboruogh Baptist Church turns up to funerals and be vile. They irritate me so much.

Urgh, the Westboro Bapist Church are vile! Nothing but a hateful cult using religion as an excuse to spread hatred. I'm so glad they got banned from entering the Uk.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby nathanw-j » Fri May 24, 2013 1:44 pm

i know. as i read that they had been banned from the uk i burst out laughing and the people near me looked at me like i was a loon
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Paddington » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Two things
Firstly I think scientology is like any of the smaller religions like pastapharianism, for me personally it seems highly unlikely to be true but then I am sure a scientologist would think atheism was a mad idea or Christianity.

Secondly
If you really look at religion the amount of wars that have been fought over it outweigh everything else. There are some people in this world who claim to have views when in my opinion they just seem to enjoy harming others. They all claim they are doing it for a good cause and to do what is right by their religion but I do not see how ( as most religions encourage peace) that burning some ones house or massive terror attacks count as peace.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby Rodge1991 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 am

Paddington wrote:If you really look at religion the amount of wars that have been fought over it outweigh everything else. There are some people in this world who claim to have views when in my opinion they just seem to enjoy harming others. They all claim they are doing it for a good cause and to do what is right by their religion but I do not see how ( as most religions encourage peace) that burning some ones house or massive terror attacks count as peace.

Unfortunately religion is just the excuse. and a very big one. if it wasn't for religion people will find another/other, illogical, reasons to harm/torture/kill each other. I bet you anything that the top figures in religion don't believe the faith themselves and just use it for awesome power. it also doesn't help that some people take holy books out of context-this where the excuse comes to kill others. My reasoning is this:

I don't believe it, I made that choice myself. However whatever faith you may have, you don't push it onto other people or terrorise others. If I have picked the 'bad' choice then I'll meet my fate in the afterlife where I would be judged there and then. It's not up to any mortal to choose my fate now and here.
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Postby BethanyGillam » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 pm

It is a load of rubbish
BethanyGillam
Super Poster

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Whilst Scientology is supposedly a religion, I consider it more of a large cult. Their message is ridiculous and there are lots of questionable happenings in the last few years related to the religion. It doesn't really bother me that much, but I do wonder what possesses people to believe in a religion heavily based on science fiction.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to Debate Forum