Aliens!!!

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Aliens!!!

Postby SonicRocks369 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:13 pm

This topic is about aliens and whether people think they are real or not and whether you guys would be ready for a alien invadesion........ :) :mrgreen: 8)
---------------------
the following questions
:arrow: Are aliens real or not?
:arrow: How would you survive a friendly/unfriendly alien invadesion?
:arrow: Would you like to meet a alien? (Any type)
Sasha

Sonic the Hedgehog Rocks!!
"An adventure's no fun if it's too easy." - Sonic the Hedgehog

Danger Mouse is Awesome! :)
SonicRocks369
Splendiferous Member

Re: Aliens!!!

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Wed May 08, 2013 10:21 am

I think the universe is too big for aliens not to exist, so I think they do.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "friendly invasion", surely any invasion would be unfriendly? otherwise it wouldn't be an invasion?

On an (unnfriendly) alien invasion, I don't think we are ready for an Alien invasion, because the chances are they would have been watching us/finding out out strengths and weaknesses, and we know nothing about them. So if we were to be invaded, I don't think we would stand much of a chance. How I would react would depend on how they were doing it. If they were just killing everyone, I would probably hide and try to make my way to the nearest military base, as they have the means of fighting back. Once there I would help in anyway I can. If they weren't just killing people, but were capturing people or making them slaves or something, I would not put up a resistance to start with so they don't think I'm a threat and then secretly resist later, sort of like French Resistance style, but different as it would be different circumstances and there might not be anyone free from the aliens to help.

I don't know if 'd like to meet an alien or not. If they were friendly, the I guess it would be ok. If they weren't, I'm not so sure.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dan D Lyons » Wed May 08, 2013 10:40 am

SonicRocks369 wrote::arrow: Are aliens real or not?
:arrow: Would you like to meet a alien? (Any type)

:arrow: Yeah, they have to exist because time and space is so large.

:arrow: I have listened to Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds so many times, of coarse I can survive 8) ... ish

Whether there would be an unfriendly or friendly invation is an interesting point. If their society is anything like ours, the last of their species would be the ones that won all of the wars, which poins to it being an unfriendly invation. However, they would far more intelligent than us and transmissions detected from us would be ones from a long time ago, so they may just ignore us (or they might have a stereotype that all humans are like the charecters in Emmerdale Farm when it was on in the 70s :P ). They will notice us if they pointed any type of receiver at us, we are a very noisy with all of these microwaves, radiowaves e.c.t., so there is a chance they may visit.

:arrow: Meh, only if the aliens would understand me better than most humans do, otherwise im not too bothered... as long as they aren't darleks...
07williamsdj Nov 15, 2010 - Jul 11, 2012
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Postby SonicRocks369 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:35 pm

chocolatefudgecake wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "friendly invasion", surely any invasion would be unfriendly? otherwise it wouldn't be an invasion

What I mean is if they were kind aliens unlike the daleks on doctor who.
Sasha

SonicRocks369
Splendiferous Member

Postby Rodge1991 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 am

:arrow: They have found bacteria (dead) on Mars.....Bacteria is life (or was at some point :!: :?: )

:arrow: Also with the aspects of the various civilsiasions such as Egyptians, Mylans & Aztecs etc, they were so far advanced than the rest of the world...able to construct vast structures that align with the stars etc etc...one similarity they all share is aligning with Orin's belt cluster (a theory that that is where the Alien race came from and 'planted' us on Earth)

:arrow: You have to look at the fact that as time progresses there has been NO evidence of a link between us and the caveman. Also the sudden leap denies all science and nature. we acquired a voice-box plus changed radically from the Cavemen. This doesn't make sense...unless they were replaced by something the didn't belong here in the first place.

The truth is out there
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Thu May 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Rodge1991 wrote: :arrow: You have to look at the fact that as time progresses there has been NO evidence of a link between us and the caveman. Also the sudden leap denies all science and nature. we acquired a voice-box plus changed radically from the Cavemen. This doesn't make sense...unless they were replaced by something the didn't belong here in the first place.

I dislike the Term Caveman/cavemen. it's too general, could you be more specific?

I also think it's a bit much to say "NO" evidence - I believe there's quite a bit. Just because we're missing pieces of the puzzle, doesn't mean they aren't there. I would go into detail about the evolution of man, but pre-history isn't my strong point. If I can find my notes from my first year of uni, I might be able to explain it.

I don't remember hearing anything about voice-boxes/speech, but I don't think they survive in Human remains, so it's a bit of a leap to say we suddenly went from no voice boxes to having them. Aren't they like the nose and ears and made out of Cartilage? They don't tend to survive thousands of years after death.

sorry, I seem to be arguing against you a lot at the moment.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Rodge1991 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm

chocolatefudgecake wrote:I dislike the Term Caveman/cavemen. it's too general, could you be more specific?

I wish I could, but I've forgotten the actual term for the creature....whatever came before the "missing" link

chocolatefudgecake wrote:I also think it's a bit much to say "NO" evidence - I believe there's quite a bit. Just because we're missing pieces of the puzzle, doesn't mean they aren't there. I would go into detail about the evolution of man, but pre-history isn't my strong point. If I can find my notes from my first year of uni, I might be able to explain it.

OK I can agree with that logic, however with all the digs and findings scientist haven't found one. single. remain of the missing link....surely there has to be one. With all the other remains we have found it is curious that we haven't found this one connection between us and the previous evolutions. If there is solid proof of this link then I'll change my mind-until then I'm sticking to my guns!

chocolatefudgecake wrote:I don't remember hearing anything about voice-boxes/speech, but I don't think they survive in Human remains, so it's a bit of a leap to say we suddenly went from no voice boxes to having them. Aren't they like the nose and ears and made out of Cartilage? They don't tend to survive thousands of years after death.

That's my fault in my writings; basically you are right there cannot be remains of the actual voicebox. BUT there is a space on the human skeleton for the voicebox that the other creatures don't have.

chocolatefudgecake wrote:sorry, I seem to be arguing against you a lot at the moment.

This is the debate forum! So I wouldn't call it an argument, but rather a debate, a chance to send across your own voice of gained facts and opinions. To be honest how much of a debate would it be if it was all one sided? That would be so boring!
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Postby Paddington » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:13 pm

the following questions
:arrow: Are aliens real or not?

there is a large probability that they do exist
simple - become a nuclear physicist and start mining in Cornwall- this might sound crazy but I recon the best chance we have to withstand alien invasions would be our nuclear missiles the more nuclear physicists the more research the better developed the technology the more powerful are nuclear weapons will be to defeat the aliens ( it might kill a couple of million humans in the long run but hey ho at least we would be alive ,some of us, and we wouldn't be slaves or anything horrible). Cornwall also has large supplies of un exploited plutonium ( neuclear fuel) if we dug up as much of it as possible then we would have more missiles
I would deal with a friendly alien invasion by becoming an astrophysicist (we might need a few more researchers on deep space activity).
:arrow: Would you like to meet a alien?
I would love to meet an alien it would be so fascinating to see how they had evolved differently to us and to compare lifestyles/planets/ everything.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby BethanyGillam » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Watching confessions of an alien abductee.
BethanyGillam
Super Poster

Postby SonicRocks369 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Saw a bit of that show, very intersing.
Sasha

SonicRocks369
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:19 pm

I think aliens definitely exist, and that there's a chance we may have come from an asteroid. If any space-faring civilization came to Earth, they'd be hundreds of years more advanced than us, and we would have absolutely no chance to retaliate. We have nuclear weapons, so if they just wanted to exterminate the planet, it would be seriously easy. However, I think any species that puts enough time into finding another habitable world would like to meet its inhabitants rather than destroy them. Our world is much more liberal than it used to be, so any sentient life hundreds of years ahead would likely be pacifists.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Debate Forum