Are today's children pushed too hard?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Re: Are today's children pushed too hard?

Postby Paddington » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:36 pm

for me it seems that children aren't getting as much of a childhood as they should be I think the problem is the economic crisis. People are having to work longer hours and both parents are having to work. The thing that is cheapest/ least problematic is tv/ computer and the kids like it. Also in older generations mums were expected to stay at home as they were discrimated against . As this decreases women are doing more things and work I think they want a family but they still want to work and I can understand why. They also want their kids to be top of the class and so are hiring tutors. If their child struggles with school it can really help. I had a couple of years and it seriously helped me but children who are bright are getting put under pressure to do better. I am not saying that this it everyone but the figures for private summer holiday tutors were too high.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Re: Are today's children pushed too hard?

Postby Luna_is_so_cool_like » Mon May 12, 2014 6:56 am

I think the education system needs to be altered completely.
I'm beginning my exams today, and after all the revision and mocks I've done, I think it's all just a matter of how much you can remember, and there's nothing in subjects like humanities, science etc that really tests your own intellect.
- If ever you feel hella sad, just remember that you're hella rad -
Luna_is_so_cool_like
Splendiferous Member

Previous

Return to Debate Forum