Classic Sherlock Vs Film Sherlock (2009) Vs BBC Sherlock?

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Classic Sherlock Vs Film Sherlock (2009) Vs BBC Sherlock?

Postby Dan D Lyons » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Which of these versions of Sherlock Holmes do you like the most?
I personally love the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes. I love how they brought the classic traits of the original sherlock and updated some of the elements fantastically. I also think that all of the actors played their parts flawlessly, especially Freeman and Cumberbatch. Don't get me wrong though, I loved the film and the books are good, its just BBC's version is my favorite.

I also love the soundtrack for the BBC version, absolutely wonderful, I love listening to it on spotify.
07williamsdj Nov 15, 2010 - Jul 11, 2012
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Re: Classic Sherlock Vs Film Sherlock (2009) Vs BBC Sherlock

Postby Paddington » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:26 pm

BBC Sherlock all the way!

Although the films were fun they have turned Sherlock into something he isn't. In the books if you read some of them there are never any fights or big plots. The mysteries are often solved from the comfort of baker street and with simple yet obvious logic. It is more subtle and smaller there is no killing of large numbers of people or danger of anything really big happening. Sherlock is meant to be clever and the "of course why didn't I think of that!" types of books and I simply think that the BBC series captures more of what Sherlock is about and the character of Sherlock who always seems to me like he has abergis/autistic tendencies. Although differing hugely from the book they essentially have the same cleverness about them. I also think benedict cumberbatch is better at capturing the spirit of Sherlock, although some people might think that is they type of role that suits him better I need only point you in the direction of BBC's cabin pressure where he plays a character unlike Sherlock.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 pm

I like all of them but personally my favourite is Elementary. Jonny Lee Miller plays Sherlock so wonderfully and Lucy Lui does a fantastic job as Joan Watson, she really makes the whole gender role reversal work and together, it is a joy to watch them as a team.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby SonicRocks369 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:44 pm

I have not seen the film or classic Sherlock, So BBC Sherlock all the way, I think it's a good series overall too. 8)
Sasha

Sonic the Hedgehog Rocks!!
"An adventure's no fun if it's too easy." - Sonic the Hedgehog

Danger Mouse is Awesome! :)
SonicRocks369
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan D Lyons » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:42 pm

I suppose they just kinda have to put more action in the films, but I do agree with you paddington. My favorite part of the film has got to be the aesthetic, I mean the clothes and the building style and *sigh*.

omg, I forgot about elementary!!! I have watched a few episodes of it but it isn't my favorite.
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Return to Debate Forum