Everyone should watch Everwood so it does not go off the air

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Everyone should watch Everwood so it does not go off the air

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:46 pm

Everwood might be going off the air here in America so I think everyone should start watching it (regardless of where you live) so that it can get some better ratings. It was off the air from December to last week because of an issue with its network, The WB, merging with another network, UPN. Finally it is back on, so watch it! It is a GREAT show!!!!!

Unlike those other shows like 7th heaven, it deals with real life issues, but doesn't try to preach out to its audience or solve every problem at the end of every episode. It deals with everything from death of a family member, s*x (although not really explicit like other shows), teen pregnancy issues, love, health issues (as there are two doctors on the show), religion (Andy and Ephram are Jewish and the rest of the town in Christian), sibling and friend relationships, parent kid relationships. Everwood is a very good show that everyone who is over age 14 should watch. It is not a show for young kids (due to the topics covered) but everyone on here is in their teens so it will be good for all of you. 8)

please go to http://thewb.warnerbros.com/web/show.jsp?id=EW# for more information on Everwood and its kick butt cast. 8) [/url]
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Danni » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:33 pm

And where would I watch it in the UK? :)
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Umm...I thought that someone said it was on tv there...I used to have a thread for it on here and it said all about the show and when it was on...but I can't find that thread anymore.

Here's the premise of the first episode of the first season:

Dr. Andrew Brown (Treat Williams, Hollywood Ending, The Late Shift) is a world-famous neurosurgeon whose career always overshadowed his obligations as a parent, until the day that his loving wife died. Faced with the daunting task of raising his two kids, 9-year-old Delia (Vivien Cardone, A Beautiful Mind) and 15-year-old Ephram (Gregory Smith, The Patriot) by himself, Andrew moves his family from New York to the beautiful Rocky Mountain town of Everwood, Colorado, where he opens a free medical clinic. Delia adjusts quickly to her new surroundings, but the sudden shift in everything he has ever known is hardest on Ephram, who resents all the years his father lavished on his career at the expense of his family. [/url]
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:37 pm

Flextech Television Limited (2003-) (UK) (TV)
LivingTV (2003-) (UK) (TV)

Those are the UK distributers. I have no clue what station they are on. But I think that someone said it was on at 2 pm on weekdays in the UK.

I am not sure that anyone watching it in the UK will affect its ratings though as it is a US show. It's worth a try, though. :D

This review done by Luke-31 from Chicago IL on imdb.com in 2003:

As the second season of "Everwood" has gotten underway, I have moved this show up in my ranking-it has now become my second favorite show of all time behind "Once and Again". Although "Once and Again" was a superb, one of a kind show, "Everwood" possesses many stylistic and thematic similarities to the prior show. It also boasts excellent acting from its adult as well as teenage cast. "Everwood"'s two core families-the Browns and the Abbotts-are written as real people with strengths and weaknesses, and played by talented actors who bring these characters to life. Greg Berlanti has proven with this show that he has the ability to make a contemporary family drama that can be popular as well as real. "Everwood" is definitely my second favorite show of all time.
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc