a film that really makes me laugh

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Postby parnassus » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:52 pm

Hmmm...it has its merits. But as it is very unfaithful to the novel (grrr - why did the filmmakers think it necessary to turn Bingley into such an idiot?) I was quite cross when I went to see it.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby pinkparrot » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:10 pm

I tried to watch it but I kept falling asleep! Note: this was daytime, not another bedtime film! I also found it difficult to tell the difference between Kitty and Lydia, and Bingley and Darcy. When I finished watching it I ended up with a crush on Darcy. Bingley's sisters are just like my four aunts.
Last edited by pinkparrot on Mon May 01, 2006 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby kitty_cute » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:24 pm

Yeah, I HATE it when film makers, change the author's oringial plot... -fumes-
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed May 03, 2006 1:52 am

pinkparrot wrote:I tried to watch it but I kept falling asleep! Note: this was daytime, not another bedtime film! I also found it difficult to tell the difference between Kitty and Lydia, and Bingley and Darcy. When I finished watching it I ended up with a crush on Darcy. Bingley's sisters are just like my four aunts.

I haven't read the book. My sister said it was close to it though and she'd just read it before she saw the movie. :) I found it hard to tell the difference btwn Kitty and Lydia at first, but as I watched it more often, it was not as confusing. And doesn't everyone fall in love with Darcy by the end? Did you ever notice that he's the only character besides Mrs. and Mr. Bennett that you never know the first name of? I have seen both the A&E version and the new one and I think that both Mr. Darcys are great. However, I do like Keira Knightley better as Elizabeth. What's up with her and playing characters named Elizabeth? She's got Elizabeth Turner from Pirates and Elizabeth Bennett! And she was nominated for the Oscars for this movie so I think she did great!
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc