Full House Rules! a forum for old 1980s/90s shows that rock!

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Full House Rules! a forum for old 1980s/90s shows that rock!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:27 pm

I love the show Full House! My avatar is Uncle Jesse from Full House! I have watched every single episode I think and I just love it! I miss the old shows like this from the 1980s/90s. here are some of my faves:

Full House
The Cosby Show
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire
Boy Meets World
Family Ties (actually before my time, but undeniably good show that started in like 1980 and lasted until around 1988 or so I think). I was born in 1986 so I was a little young for it.
The Wonder Years - This show was so cool!
The Flintstones
Dennis the Menace (cartoon)-they just don't make them like they used to.
Doug (cartoon)-I could totally relate to this awkward kid. :)
Family Matters
old Sheira Princess of Power and Spiderman cartoons
Ghost Busters!
Ghostwriter
Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego? gameshow for kids
Everybody Love Raymond
Will and Grace (ends new episodes this year-started in 1998)
ER when Carter (Noah Wyle) was on-it's still good and still on, but not as good w/o him

all good shows that I miss terribly...Some are still on Nick at Nite, TNT, and TBS, but it's not the same...
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Thu May 11, 2006 3:00 pm

I have the first 2 seasons on dvd of Full house as its a fantastic show, over here it used to be on the sky/cable channel SKY 1 that was a long time ago I was a kid, I have a multi regional dvd player so buy dvds from american sites online as they are cheaper, plus full house isnt availble in the uk on dvd!! I have the fresh prince rap as my cell/mobile fone call alert *now here's a story about how my life got flip turned upside down...* I also used to love the wonder years and the cosby show, used to also love, saved by the bell, babysitters club (both books and the tv series) nancy drew, and loads of other things!! :D
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:32 pm

I never really watched The Fresh Prince as a kid, but it's on Nickelodeon's Nick at Nite on channel 45 here. They play old shows like Full House and Roseanne and Fresh Prince on there. :) It's fun to see them on again. I didn't know the Babysitter's Club was a tv show. I just thought it was books and a movie. I never really got into them though...
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Wed May 31, 2006 9:11 pm

Yup babysitters club was a show, I remember watching Nancy Drew and Sweet Valley High as well (Am I showing my age here!?) I also used to love stuff like the Cosby Show and The Wonder Years!!
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby meme » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:27 pm

I read the Babysitters Club books when I was younger and also saw a movie of it once on TV. Didnt know they had actual programmes though
meme
Advanced Member

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:34 pm

the series was on sky/cable but repeated at times on channel4!
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:17 pm

Never heard of the BSC tv show. They must not have had it in the US, unless I just never heard of it...
I have seen the Nancy Drew one once though because the mom of the kids I babysit had a copy of one of the episodes taped off the tv.

I liked The Wonder Years. Also, I used to watch reruns of Family Ties (with Michael J. Fox) and Different Strokes (with Gary Coleman) on UPN Power 50 a few years ago when they had on all the old shows. I think they still maybe do, but I have no time in the morning to watch. Ahh good oldies... 8)
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc