Friends!

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Have you watched Friends before?

Yes, I love it!
50%
Yep, Its okay
28%
No, Havent seen it in my life
11%
Nah, it wasnt funny/boring
11%

Total votes : 18

Friends!

Postby kitty_cute » Wed May 24, 2006 2:43 pm

As im at home sick, I decided to rumage through my Friends DVDs. I lay in bed, propped up on my pillow, inserted the DVD in my laptop drive... and was HOOKED. I haven't seen this brilliant, best show for AGES! I dont really watch it on E4 anymore!

I watched half the entire first series - its great. I reccomend..

And please answer the poll ^_^
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed May 24, 2006 4:40 pm

I wasn't allowed to watch it for the first few years it was on, so I guess I just never really started watching even after I was allowed. I do watch it occasionally now, but I wouldn't say that I have to see every episode or anything. It's a great show though. :D I hope you feel better. :)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Wed May 24, 2006 6:08 pm

Hermionefan5 wrote:I do watch it occasionally now, but I wouldn't say that I have to see every episode or anything. It's a great show though. :D I hope you feel better. :)

Same here.
I didn't know about it untill it was nearing the end. I saw the last episode though.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:48 am

Yeah it came on in 1994 when I was 8 and some of my classmates watched it. But my mom and dad, being the very loving, caring parents wouldn't let me do it because they said I was too young for the subject matter in it. My big sister was in fifth grade and already knew all about "the birds and the bees" so she was allowed. I always was so jealous of her when she made me leave the living room after that episode of Full House that was always on before Friends to go into my room. Grr. I remember stomping down the hallway of our ranch style home because I had no stairs to stomp on back then. Now I know it was all for my own good. If I had watched it, maybe I would have gotten the wrong idea about s*x or something. It was the same way with my parents and other big shows (i.e. the Simpsons, Roseanne). I wasn't allowed to watch either one because they said "shut up" on both. Nowadays shows like Friends, Roseanne, and The Simpsons are considered to be some of the more tame ones. Ever since about 1995 (The year Full House ended), there have been more and more racy shows like The O.C., One Tree Hill, and the very controversial one: The Bedford Diaries (which is all about a teacher and his students doing a study on s*x in college-Jess from Gilmore Girls is on it).

I personally am glad I grew up in the Full House family friendly sitcom era where there weren't so many s*x driven shows on. The only good shows on TV in my opinion are ER, Everwood, and Gilmore Girls. They're real as in they talk about real topics, but they are also realistic as in they don't have teens sleeping around all the time and never ever getting pregnant. This is especially true with Everwood (aka Our New Life In Everwood (UK title)), which deals with situations like teen pregnancy, suicide, death of a family member/friend, cancer, realistic boyfriend/girlfriend relationships, realistic friendships, good parent child relationships, Comas, Car accidents, AIDS, and homosexuality just to give a few.
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby meme » Fri May 26, 2006 1:20 pm

I LOVE friends. I wasnt really "allowed" to watch it until I was about 12 or 13 cos of the subject matter. But now Im hooked on it. :D
meme
Advanced Member

Postby kitty_cute » Fri May 26, 2006 8:33 pm

Full House? That wasn't on here in the UK.. but is that one show with either M.K Olsen and Ashley Olsen, or Jamie Lynn Spears?

kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:10 pm

kitty_cute wrote:Full House? That wasn't on here in the UK.. but is that one show with either M.K Olsen and Ashley Olsen, or Jamie Lynn Spears?

Someone told me on here that it was. It had Mary-Kate and Ashley on it. It was the show that launched them into fame. They did it from when they were 9 months old (in 1987) until they were 9 years old in 1995. Then, in 1998 they did a show called Two of a Kind, which stayed on the air for a few years. It pretty much bombed here though. Jamie Lynn Spears is much younger than the Olsen twins (they will turn 20 on June 13th). Jamie Lynn is only fourteen and she is on Zoey 101 on Nickelodeon.

Just some trivia: The Olsen twins became the most wealthy 18-year-olds when they turned 18 in 2004. They still hold the record (as far as I know) for being the wealthiest six-year-olds and the wealthiest thirteen-year-olds in history. 8) They own their own company, which they currently have management rights of. It is called Dualstar Entertaiment. Also they own their own clothing and makeup lines. Ashley is older than Mary-Kate.
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby kitty_cute » Fri May 26, 2006 9:53 pm

Ah yep! I know all about M.K and Ashley - I watch loads of programmes!

I love Zoey 101! And Two of a Kind! Its still showed here on Nickelodean!

kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Sat May 27, 2006 8:13 am

Does rachel have her baby??????? Thens when i stopped watching it!
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby meme » Sat May 27, 2006 10:22 am

Yeah, rachel had the baby. A girl-Emma
meme
Advanced Member

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Sat May 27, 2006 7:09 pm

Wicked! :D
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:49 am

Yup and in the series finale Chandler and Monica get their adopted twins. THey actually get to see them be born! 8)
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby C » Wed May 31, 2006 4:32 pm

Friends is one of the few programmes that I can watch over and over again and know all the words and all the jokes and still find it funny and never get bored of it.

I only really started to watch it in series seven and from then on watched it religiously. Having watched repeats of the earlier series, I prefer series 1-5 to series 5-10. Series 9, in particular I thought some episodes were rubbish, like TOW The Sharks (Awful, awful television) but then series 10, got better, some episodes were really good.

One thing bothers me though; Ross's ex-wife Carol, her lesbian partner Susan and Ross and Carol's son Ben are shown a lot in the earlier seasons yet Susan isn't shown from series six, Carol from series seven and Ben from early series eight. Ben is never shown with Ross and Rachel's baby Emma, his half-sister. I think it would have been cute for viewers to see them together but it felt like once Emma was born, Ben just got forgotten about.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc