Only one week until I get to go see WICKED!!!!

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Only one week until I get to go see WICKED!!!!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:53 am

I get to go see the musical Wicked on June 8th in Chicago!! I'm so excited! :D :D I love the book and the songs from the musical are really great. It has been a critically acclaimed show winning many awards. I'm really glad I get to go see it!!! T-minus 7 days and counting! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby rachel » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:46 pm

whats wicked
rachel
Splendiferous Member

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:53 pm

Fantastic!
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby kitty_cute » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:09 pm

Ooooo hope you have a good time! =] x
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:39 pm

T minus 3 days!!

rachel wrote:whats wicked

If you've ever seen or read The Wizard of Oz, it's kind of based off of it. It's a musical about the witches of Oz when they were roommates at school. It puts out a lot of questions like: is anyone truly good? Can anyone be truly wicked? Who decides who is wicked and who is good as well as religious and political questions. The storyline is very interesting and includes a love story, a friendship story, it deals with the issues of popularity and moral values. Wicked is a very fun musical with some serious subject matter. It is based off of the book by Gregory Maguire called Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. It originated on Broadway in 2003 and has become such a big hit that they have a national tour, a Chicago cast (which I am seeing), a Broadway cast, and a London cast (new). Idina Menzel (from Rent) was the original Elphaba (Wicked Witch of the West), and Kristin Chenoweth (Bewitched) was the original Glinda the Good Witch. In the story, Glinda and Elphaba form an unlikely friendship at school. For more info, visit the official site at http://www.wickedthemusical.com/ or Gregory Maguire's official site at http://www.gregorymaguire.com/books/. Hope this answers your question, Rachel. 8)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc