Waterloo Road

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Re: Waterloo Road

Postby Steph » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 am

I have just checked the spoilers on Digital Spy and it is going to be airing on Thursdays. I guess the producers must think they will gain more viewers by sticking it in the slot just after Eastenders.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby kat95 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Ahh thats a shame. I kind of like having Waterloo Road on Wednesdays. Oh well still really looking forward to it though! Really hope this series is going to be a bit better than the last. I was not so keen on the previous series mainly because of the storylines.
kat95
Mega Poster

Postby wadey » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:31 pm

cant wait for tonight episode so exicted
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:25 pm

I saw it had moved to Thursdays too. I'm just so glad it's not clashing with the Hotel Inspector otherwise I would have to catch up with it later.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:23 pm

I can't believe Denzil died :( I loved his character.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Steph wrote:I can't believe Denzil died :( I loved his character.

I know. :( I feel bad for Rose, two kids passed and another in prison for murder, talk about bad luck. And poor Tariq in a wheelchair too.

What did everyone think of it? I loved it, it felt very different, sometimes like I was watching something else but really enjoyed it. I love the whole boarding house and how the new school is really quite similar in design to the old one. I really dislike that new teacher though, the one who used to be Eastenders, she comes across as quite mean as well as that red-haired student.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Do you mean the English teacher? I didn't like her either-I thought she was very mean to Scout! There was no need to pick on her spelling like that! It looks like she might have an alcohol problem from the sounds of it as her son is always concerned about how much she has had-I am guessing that will play out as the series goes on. I don't like Rhiannon either-she just seems like a total bully to me!

I loved the Jade and Drew storyline but felt very sorry for both of them. I know Drew was very possessive but he clearly had some mental health issues. I'm glad Michael stopped him from chopping his fingers off. I think Jade is going to be a good character.

I must admit that although I loved the episode, it didn't seem true to life at all. I went to a boarding school and there is absolutely no way that any of my teachers would have turned up at any of the boarding houses drunk after being down the pub! I know it's dramatic licence but still!

I felt really sorry for Tariq-he's obviously really struggling to accept his disability.

Overall I liked the opening episode. From the spoiler for next week that they showed at the end of the programme, it looks like there might be a witchcraft storyline with that African girl. It will be interesting to see how Waterloo Road tackles that as it has been a highly sensitive issue in the news over the past couple of weeks. I could be completely wrong though.

Also one more thing-how cute are Daniel and Janeece? Love them!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:22 am

Steph wrote:Also one more thing-how cute are Daniel and Janeece? Love them!

YES! I love them! I have been rooting for them as a couple for a while now, I'm so glad it's finally happening! And I agree with you about next week being a witchcraft storyline. I think it will be either that or an exorcism, but I think it's more likely to be witchcraft.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby wadey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:56 pm

I was nearly crying when I found out Denzil died - i really liked him! I also feel sorry for Tariq i really hope that he finds something that he can do which he loves.

As for the english teacher and her alchoal problem it be interesting how they handle the subject, (one of my old english teacher had a alchoal problem which got way out of hand that he got sacked)

I dont like the history teacher she seems really old fashioned, I also dont like Rhiannon.

The way they did the Jade and Drew case was good and it was obvious from the start that Drew had serious problems and that he needs help.

Cant wait for next Thursday.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:29 am

Steph wrote:

Overall I liked the opening episode. From the spoiler for next week that they showed at the end of the programme, it looks like there might be a witchcraft storyline with that African girl. It will be interesting to see how Waterloo Road tackles that as it has been a highly sensitive issue in the news over the past couple of weeks. I could be completely wrong though.

What storyline has there been in the news Steph?
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:56 pm

There is an ongoing thing in the newspapers about children in certain African communities being accused of witchcraft and then having exorcisms performed on them for things as trivial as wetting the bed (Victoria Climbie being the most well known one). It is actually surprisingly common for certain communities to have a strong belief that individuals are capable of witchcraft-my boyfriend was brought up in Uganda and he believes that certain people can be possessed by witchcraft. It's very hard to understand from my viewpoint but witch doctors make a livelihood out of peoples belief that witches do exist.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:05 pm

An alcoholic mum and a pyromaniac son, not a great combo. :?

I really dislike that red haired girl, she needs to get her comeuppance.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 pm

It was an exorcism storyline-well guessed, Beth! I felt so sorry for her and I'm glad that Tom and her mum got there in time. What happened with Tariq at the end? Had he been trying to climb the ropes?
Steph
Forum God !

Postby galexy96 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:07 pm

I thought they covered the witchcraft storyline very well. I though they done a very good job of highlighing this issue to people who may not be aware of this.

I agree Remus, hopefully she will at some point.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Steph wrote:It was an exorcism storyline-well guessed, Beth! I felt so sorry for her and I'm glad that Tom and her mum got there in time. What happened with Tariq at the end? Had he been trying to climb the ropes?

Yes, he was, and then I think he fell. Meaning he's not mentally strong yet? I agree about that red-headed girl. She is horrible!
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

PreviousNext

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc