Waterloo Road

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Re: Waterloo Road

Postby Remus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Next week's episode looks really good, I hope Tariq is alright! I feel so bad for him although I warmed to his character now that he is separated from that Kyle Stack who was quite the bad influence.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:15 pm

What a dramatic episode, poor Tariq. He is having a really rough time, I hope things improve for him over the next episodes.

I really dislike that Christine, I didn't even feel bad for her when Connor slapped her, she seriously needs to sort her act out. I think Audrey is on her case.

I was a bit surprised at Tom at passing off Josh's worries about Tariq especially with his past and Lorna's suicide and all the other situations he has been in.

Although, I loved Michael this week, I have really warmed to him lately. I was on one of the other forums and they were joking about Michael Byrne being the next James Bond! :P That dive from the boat was pretty good! I'm still really unsure about Lorraine though, I get the sense she could turn nasty.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:00 pm

That Tariq suicide storyline was so emotional! I think it's nice how we have now seen a more sensitive side of Michael with him speaking about his traumatic childhood with domestic violence etc. I didn't like that Gus in the beginning when he was taunting Tariq about being incontinent but I warmed to him a bit at the end when he defended Tariq when the other boy tried to pull him out of his wheelchair. I still don't think that much of him though!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:41 pm

I feel so bad for Tariq, even after he defended him, I still don't like Gus. I really hope he improves as a character.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Saw themselves and their mum in tonight's episode? I did. My mum is insanely overprotective, but I guess her being on holiday for the past ten days has helped give me the independence I desire.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:22 pm

My hatred for Christine grows every episode, she is right piece of work, I feel so bad for Connor even with the whole arson stunt.

I really like Imogen, they kept the whole deaf storyline well under wraps. Her mum though, talk about embarrassing! :oops:
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:34 pm

I really liked this week's episode but didn't like Lorraine's callous attitude towards the students! Poor Imogen-how embarrassing for her with her mum getting into bed with Gus! I also never even suspected she was deaf-it's nice how Waterloo Road represents all these different disabilities. I think Harley and that African girl (can't remember her name) would make a great couple.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Steph, her name is Lula :)
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:39 pm

I felt so sorry for Scout yesterday-that was an evil trick Rhiannon played on her! I really thought Rhiannon was showing her nice side but she's such an evil schemer and a bully!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:44 pm

And we still don't why she does it! That's the frustrating thing about it! :x

MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:19 pm

I knew it was too good to be true, what a witch, urgh. What is her problem? I really hope they resolve that storyline soon.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:30 pm

How dramatic was tonight's episode?! So much going on!

I felt so sorry for Scout in this episode being made to look like she's bullying Rhiannon when actually it's the other way round! I'm glad Maggie worked it out in the end. With what Rhiannon said to Scout about wanting everyone to find out what a cow she really is, it makes me wonder, knowing that both Scout and Rhiannon had troubled backgrounds, whether they were once in the same foster home together and didn't get on but that's no excuse. I know Rhiannon had issues with her dad but, come on, lots of kids do and don't end up being so vile!

Daniel was so sweet in this episode. I really wanted him, Janeece and Cheryl to be a proper family but I guess he acted on that old saying, "If you truly love someone, sometimes you need to let them go". I hope she will return one day though. I felt bad for him that everybody was blaming him for getting Social Services involved. What else was he supposed to do in that situation? Hopefully Janeece will reassess her priorities now.

That scene with Christine and Connor at the end was so emotional! I don't see how Christine can go on teaching there now-the pupils in that class must have lost all respect for her watching her falling apart in front of them! Connor is so protective even though she is horrible to him!

Grantly farting in front of his class made me laugh! Rhiannon shouldn't have done that with the soup though-so nasty! If Jade had got sick, that could have seriously harmed her baby.

I am really warming to Jade-I thought it was really nice how she sat with Scout when nobody else would.

Michael seems to be going through a lot of mental turmoil at the moment-I hope he doesn't end up having a breakdown.

The scene with Grantly and Maggie was so sweet! Just shows that he can be a real softie at times despite his grumpy old man persona!

All in all, a fantastic episode!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 pm

I really hoped Janeece and Daniel would get together for realsies! :( Now that she's left, I don't have much hope now :cry: :cry: Daniel really deserves someone to love and for that person to love him back. It's really frustrating for me to watch him. He's just so adorable! I wish I had a man as sweet as him.

Janeece was lucky that Cheryl's injury wasn't more serious. She could've died.

And yes, Steph. I agree with you, Grantly farting left me in tears. He reminds me so much of my dead grandad! :lol:

MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 pm

I really can't stand Christine! I hope she leaves the show soon! I didn't like Morag's father in this episode-he seemed like a really nasty bully! I quite like that new boy Kevin-he seems like he has the potential for some really good storylines!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:41 pm

I dislike Christine too and I have done from the very start. I hope her secret getting uncovered soon. I do find it a bit unrealistic how a teacher like that could escape detection for so long!

I believe the new kid, Kevin has something to do with Chalky fostering, that's what I read anyway.
Remus
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc