Professor Layton

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Professor Layton

Postby Remus » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Does anybody else on here playing the Professor Layton series on Nintendo DS? I am a huge fan of the games. I find them quite enjoyable as well as good for mind with all those puzzles.

http://alifewithdyspraxia.blogspot.com/ ... uture.html

I just blogged about the 3rd one, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future which I cannot wait for to come out in October! :D
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Professor Layton

Postby nathanw-j » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

i play them i have finished them all at least 2x :)
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby galexy96 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:45 pm

They are releasing the next one on 3DS only, and I only have a DS, which means I can't get it. I have played it every year since it first came out, so it is annoying that I can't get it this christmas.
Last edited by galexy96 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Remus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:35 pm

I love them, every time a game comes out, I'm just way too excited! :D I knew the Miracle Mask was going to be 3DS only so I was like I've got to buy one because I can't be missing out on Layton. But I have the Nintendo DS XL as I love the bigger screen as it is less strain on the eyes but at the time, the Nintendo 3DS XL hadn't came out so I bought one on the rumours that the XL wouldn't be out for a few years yet and then boom, a few months like out it comes so I don't know yet, I might wait and buy the XL first before buying the game. Anyway, I'm replaying the series at the moment, I'm on Curious Village.

Have you seen the film?
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:51 pm

I am now thinking about getting the 3DS, is it good?

The film?!?! I didn't know there was a film of it, how do you see it?
galexy96

Postby Remus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Personally, I'm not a fan of the 3D. I cannot have it on full blast because it's just makes me feel sick although I'm fine with it when I turn the 3D down to half. But the graphics are good and I would say it's worth it for Professor Layton and any other future titles what may come out in 3D. I originally bought it for Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time.

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, it takes place before Last Specter but before all the other games. I bought the DVD but Youtube has the entire movie upload on there. :D There's part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TswSVqP5KJU

I believe Level 5 are planning a second film as well. It's strange because I watched the film first before Last Specter so I didn't really know who Emmy was at first but of course, she introduced in like the Last Specter as was Jean Descole. But personally, as much as I love the games, it does get tiring solving puzzles all the time so it's nice just to sit back and relax for a change.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for the feedback, at least I can turn down the 3D if I didn't like it. I would also like to get Ocarina of time, which is another reason I want to get the 3DS.

Thank you for the link! I will watch that when I get time :mrgreen:
galexy96

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm

galexy96 wrote:They releasing the next one on 3DS only, and I only have a DS, which means I can't get it. I have played it every year since it first came out, so it is annoying that I can't get it this christmas.

That's the problem I've got. :( I also love the professor layton games, although, for an archaeologist, he has done very little archaeology.

Luckily for me, my sister has a 3ds, so I might just borrow it for the new layton game.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby galexy96 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:46 pm

That's good you can borrow your sisters DS.
galexy96

Postby Remus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:45 am

No problem. :)

I'm glad you can borrow your sister's 3DS. :)

I was playing Curious Village last night... aww, memories. Don Paolo is so epic! :D
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 am

I watched the film, It was awesome :mrgreen: I can't wait for the next one :)
galexy96

Postby Remus » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Glad you enjoyed it! :D
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:42 pm

I know have a 3DS XL because I traded in for it. I got the Professor Layton game, but I will wait until Christmas to play it. I also got The Legend of Zelda, the Ocarina of Time, which I have started playing :D
galexy96

Postby Remus » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 pm

Awesome! I love Ocarina of Time, it's so neat that you can play handheld. :D I'm hoping they release Majora's Mask on 3DS at some point.

Hopefully I will have some money for Christmas to be able to get it, I'll just have to avoid searching on the internet because I don't want spoilers!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 pm

Yeah, I have the Layton game, but I decided to give it to my mum so she can give it to me for Christmas because I am used to getting it for Christmas and starting it on Christmas day, and it feels weird starting it before and knowing me I would finish before Christmas, so I have decided to wait for it. :)
galexy96

Next

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc