The X Factor!

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Re: The X Factor!

Postby JamesStanley » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:20 pm

MontyDyspraxia wrote:I hated the Jahm group as well. Though they kinda reminded me of this video :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JjMBsh8x_g

Did anyone else hate that girl who was dressed as Madonna/Cyndi Lauper? She ruined At Last for me, and that's one of my favourite songs :(

I just watched that video and i agree with you although jahm were worse i think the girl dreesed like madonna was ok didnt like the woman who was singing that weird version of mercy either
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 pm

I catched up with it yesterday. I hated Jahm, they were just awful and that woman who sang that version of Mercy, I just found that so bizarre!

I think my favourite act of the show had to be the one who did that version of Walking on Sunshine.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:35 pm

I quite liked that woman who sang Mercy but they are kicking her off of the show now because it turns out she has a mental problem, which is a shame, but if its for the best then i suppose they did the right thing
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Steph » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:11 pm

galexy96 wrote:I quite liked that woman who sang Mercy but they are kicking her off of the show now because it turns out she has a mental problem, which is a shame, but if its for the best then i suppose they did the right thing

Where did you hear that? The only thing I have read is that she was kicked off the Miss Great Britain talent contest earlier this year as the upper age limit is 29 and she is 30. I tried searching for X Factor news to see if it's true that she's going to be kicked off the show but couldn't find anything.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby galexy96 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 pm

oh, well it was on the front page of the sun, but then again, It is the sun so you cant really trust what they say can you? Yeah maybe they just made it up :/
galexy96

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Yeah, I just read about it on MSN News. If she DOES have a mental health problem, wouldn't Social Services be involved? Because of her daughter?
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:50 pm

I just read it on facebook.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby JamesStanley » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:54 pm

I saw it last night on The Times im glad shes gone i didnt like her version of mercy and she shouldnt have got through
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:47 pm

I saw that in the papers. I think it sad if they kick her out just because she has a mental health issue, I mean look at Susan Boyle. However, whatever the case, I don't think she is good enough to make it to the next round anyway.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:04 pm

In fairness, before she became famous, Susan Boyle only had learning disabilities. Her mental health problems were a direct result of the pressure of fame. Becoming famous is hard for anyone, especially the disgusting way the paparazzi treat celebrities (but that's an issue for another thread!), but I think it's probably a lot higher risk for someone who has mental health problems to start with and I think they kicked her out to protect both her but also themselves against the same accusations they faced with the Boyle saga.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Fenrir » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:08 pm

I find the concept of xfactor a good idea, but really, i dont like the way it goes at the moment (1 hit wonders and all), but still...the musician *cough* inside me compels me to watch :P

Still....not suprising that it's been leaked that they do indeed use auto tune in auditions etc. Might explain why so many acts who win end up miming :lol:
Fenrir
Super Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:02 pm

[quote="Remus"]I saw that in the papers. I think it sad if they kick her out just because she has a mental health issue, I mean look at Susan Boyle. However, whatever the case, I don't think she is good enough to make it to the next round anyway.[/quote

I agree i don't think they would have gotten through they only got through qualifying because simon and louis thought she was funny.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 pm

I hope either Matt or Rebecca will win.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby galexy96 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:49 pm

I love matt :D I think a great song for him to sing would be Mad World by Gary Jules, it was on the radio the other day and i thought that :D
galexy96

Postby galexy96 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:02 am

I love Aiden aswell now, his performance blew me away :D
yay Aiden and Matt :D
galexy96

PreviousNext

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc